Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering Day 2

If anything, the colts are in perfect position when it comes to bell. He is gonna get a similar contract no matter where he goes at this point so now it comes down to team. The bears imo would be the only competition. The texans line is a mess, the jets and bills are not beating the pats, and the ravens wanna run Jackson and their college like offense 

• Like 2

It's been pretty quiet on the tyrell Williams front. Has anybody heard anything. 

I doubt we're in the mix with the Funchess signing but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Especially if the price is reasonable. 

2 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

That ring won’t pay for your retirement, we’ve seen many broke athletes auction theirs off. I will never criticize someone for doing what’s right for their family/future. NFL is crazy, it can all end in one play. 

they went broke due to poor money management.

that said, I'm all for players making as much money as they can. 

3 minutes ago, creid said:

It's been pretty quiet on the tyrell Williams front. Has anybody heard anything. 

I doubt we're in the mix with the Funchess signing but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Especially if the price is reasonable. 

He has been overhyped a bit on this forum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

He has been overhyped a bit on this forum.

That may be true.  But is the upside not there? If Funchess gets 10m+ wouldn't a more athletic version be worth it? 

I could be wrong I don't watch a ton of chargers. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, creid said:

Well technically Funches hasn't signed right? 

27 minutes ago, BOTT said:

they went broke due to poor money management.

that said, I'm all for players making as much money as they can. 

I agree on players getting what they can. It's the teams who are dumb who keep dishing it out. As a business owner I'm not paying a guy 15 an hour with 10 an hour skill set. IMO I think all professional sports pay is outrageous 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well technically Funches hasn't signed right? 

Very true. 

To be honest I wouldn't mind both. I know everyone here seems to want to draft a wr. But it would be nice to go into the draft with minimsl need do we can draft best pick available. 

• Like 1

Just now, creid said:

Very true. 

To be honest I wouldn't mind both. I know everyone here seems to want to draft a wr. But it would be nice to go into the draft with minimsl need do we can draft best pick available. 

I am intrigued by Funches.Dude is huge. He's the size colts fans have been crying about for years. Not sure I like the pay but curious to see if he can flourish under a new system, team and culture. 

26 minutes ago, creid said:

That may be true.  But is the upside not there? If Funchess gets 10m+ wouldn't a more athletic version be worth it? 

I could be wrong I don't watch a ton of chargers. 

I watched a couple chargers games and honestly didn't notice him at all....and he was the reason I tuned in.  Granted, that's a small sample size.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, creid said:

It really isn’t. Having Hilton, funchess, and Williams with Cain as your fourth would be very strong. It’s interesting how quiet it has been for him. Maybe he isnt getting the cash he thought.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

SInce he isn’t signed yet I bet no one is offering him a crazy long term deal. At his age he might be willing to sign a two or three year deal. There was a tweet the colts contacted his agent.

He was never getting more than a 2-3 yr deal.  Most players never get more than a 3 yr deal....guaranteed anyway.