Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering Day 2

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know at least one poster here who noted an ESPN article 4-6 weeks ago about what Bell would make in his new deal.     NFL Execs predicted he'd get 4 years and $60 Mill.   What does the graphic say?

Could be 4 years and $60 Mill.  

Hmmm?

I'm waiting for the crowd that actually believes that...  "nobody knows anything".     I've had that thrown at me several times over the last two months.     Wow...   apparently that's not true?!   

Social Media and radio so full of false reports and fake reports, its gonna be hard to say what the official announcement is when it happens.

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.  Wrong AGAIN!    Per usual.

The media didn't get it wrong.    The player changed his mind.

Is that really a hard concept to understand.     The media got it right.

The only person who got it wrong,  is you.     lol.

So they've never jumped the gun on signings? Gotcha.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

So they've never jumped the gun on signings? Gotcha.

Of course,  now you make a new argument that no one was talking about.     Totally different.

Except you as you're trying to clean the egg off your face.

I'm sorry,   what were you saying again?

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course,  now you make a new argument that no one was talking about.     Totally different.

Except you as you're trying to clean the egg off your face.

I'm sorry,   what were you saying again?

That the media was wrong and jumped the gun on him being a Jet when he's not.

Screenshot_20190312-134744_Samsung Internet-360x740.jpg

Just now, IinD said:

They should've waited to wire it then no?? The media that is 

no. I blame the media 99% of the time, but this isn't one of them.  Dude changed his mind AFTER confirming it the day prior.  Not a media problem. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

If Jackson improves Bell in Baltimore could be scary with their defense. 

What defense?!  Have you not been paying attention? They lost 50% of their starting defense to FA.

Just now, B~Town said:

Anyone else get a feeling Ballard is driving prices up on FAs forcing teams to overspend so he can swoop in a scoop up players he has keyed in on in 2nd and 3rd wave 

That'd be genius if it was the case.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

no. I blame the media 99% of the time, but this isn't one of them.  Dude changed his mind AFTER confirming it the day prior.  Not a media problem. 

Totally fine w us not offering that to Flowers as well.

So far Preston Smith is the only guy we missed on that we were linked heavily to that I feel bad falling short w the contract given.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IinD said:

That the media was wrong and jumped the gun on him being a Jet when he's not.

Screenshot_20190312-134744_Samsung Internet-360x740.jpg

Apparently this IS a hard concept for you to grasp.

HE!    CHANGED!    HIS!    MIND!!!

If repoting that is a "jump the gun" moment for the media,  then guess what,   every media outlet that covers sports in America has jumped the gun on every signing that's been reported.   Because they're all doing it.    Because that's the way it's done.    The word gets out,  typically from the agents (not from the teams until Wednesday)

A player changing his mind happens about once a year.   Remember Frank Gore signing with the Eagles?   Then he changed his mind to the Colts.   Otherwise,  the players stick with the teams they picked.

So, to recap....   this is not --- repeat, NOT --- an example of "jumping the gun" by the media.   It's an example of the player CHANGING HIS MIND.     And the media covered that too?    Or maybe they shouldn't cover that because he might change his mind AGAIN?!   GASP!   SHOCKING!

Look...   I've said this every year since I arrived nearly 7 years ago...   so now seems like a good time for 2019....   the media,  all the media does plenty wrong.   Lots wrong.    Tons wrong.   And when they do I hope they get BLASTED for it.    They deserve it.     And I never ever have a problem when people blast the media for screwing up.

What I don't like is when people who don't understand journalism blast the media for what they think they did wrong,  when the media did nothing wrong at all but report what was out there.   Like this instance.    You've tried to turn a Big Fat Nothing Burger into a meal.    Sorry,  it's not.

10 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Anyone else get a feeling Ballard is driving prices up on FAs forcing teams to overspend so he can swoop in a scoop up players he has keyed in on in 2nd and 3rd wave 

Unless you're going for real bargain basement-types where you are the only team left with a penny, I'm not sure that would work.  You would probably just be driving up everyone's price, which might have already happened with Amos and Smith.

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Good on them, although it may not please Bell too much. Seems like Bell's just dragging it out to get attention on his album. That or he/his agent is really trying to play the market and get every last dollar possible.

My guess is 4pm?