Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering Day 2

Somewhat disagree with the Bowen article.  Going in, I believe Collins was the one player Ballard was prepared to win a bidding war on.  Unfortunately the competition was Dan freaking Snyder, and Dan Snyder doesn't lose many bidding wars.

Just now, #12. said:

Somewhat disagree with the Bowen article.  Going in, I believe Collins was the one player Ballard was prepared to win a bidding war on.  Unfortunately the competition was Dan freaking Snyder, and Dan Snyder doesn't lose many bidding wars.

too bad that rarely translates to actual games won. His teams lose plenty of those. 

28 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Still don't want Bell not unless he's cheap.  Like 7 mil per or less.

I think he's one of the most overrated players in football.  Steelers RB's always do well, they replaced him with James Conner and didn't miss a beat.

Plus we arn't really that bad at RB.  We could maybe use a little more depth there, but that's it.  We really don't need Bell.  

7m lol ya right. 

And overrated???? Are yiu serious??? The man is has been one of the best RB's in the league since he arrived. Show a little respect. I assume yiu didnt watch many steelers games but Connor wasn't doing things bell does. 

Colt's need weapons and bell is one of the best weapons in the league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

The Colts gave a 1st for Trent Richardson (yeah, remember him) just a few years ago...it only takes one team. Thanks for being a condescending * tho! Basically the norm here, I guess.

that was Grigson though...

Still no word on Bell, watching all the Ravens beat reporters. 

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

The Colts gave a 1st for Trent Richardson (yeah, remember him) just a few years ago...it only takes one team. Thanks for being a condescending * tho! Basically the norm here, I guess.

You've seriously never heard that expression used for when you think a person posts something outrageous?  Lighten up Francis.....  

Also, The Colts didn't give a 1 for Richardson.... Grigson did....  lol   I know what you are getting at, but a 2 for Mack is completely ridiculous IMO.....  list the teams that need a RB so bad they'd give up a 2.... there may be some, and then I will eat my crow and change my mind good sir ;)

12 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If you could get a 2nd rounder for him this year, and you have Lev (who can handle a workload and a half), I don't see how you don't move him. Just my opinion. 

That's a pretty big if. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

You've seriously never heard that expression used for when you think a person posts something outrageous?  Lighten up Francis.....  

Also, The Colts didn't give a 1 for Richardson.... Grigson did....  lol   I know what you are getting at, but a 2 for Mack is completely ridiculous IMO.....  list the teams that need a RB so bad they'd give up a 2.... there may be some, and then I will eat my crow and change my mind good sir ;)

There's teams willing to spend 1st and 2nd round draft picks on RBs all of the time? This is essentially that, but with a proven commodity, that over the course of 16 games (avg) would have been one of better RBs in the league, yardage-wise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MightyLucks said:

he followed up this tweet saying there’s a hidden message. He reported Brown to Raiders days b4 it was “official”

Meh, thats a speculation post.  and everyone predicted Brown would go to the Raiders...

1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

There's teams willing to spend 1st and 2nd round draft picks on RBs all of the time? This is essentially that, but with a proven commodity, that over the course of 16 games (avg) would have been one of better RBs in the league, yardage-wise. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I don't wanna hear it, because I've had probably 100 posts of people being condescending and arrogant, so sorry if I wanna make a few posts that are mostly informative. I understand the odds of Lev coming here are slim, but I also knew that there was a chance. 

I’m legitimately unclear about the source of your excitement and validation.  Is it that we are mentioned as one of 5 teams by media speculation?  Surely I missed a post or news article about something concrete that you must be referencing as an answer to all the doubters?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Colts are hoarding the cash for 2020 right lol. Maybe Indy isn’t a top destination lol idk. Maybe Ballard likes bargains 

The thought did occur to me in regards to 2020, but the crop don’t look good.

However, they will have decisions to make on some key FAs next season.

I trust Ballard and like his approach.

Collins and Moseley contracts are insane.

IT won't take 100 million to extend/resign our own guys....  I understand the mid level free agent strategy.  

If Ballard stays this conservative for the year, and maybe another, the only thing it says is he believes we are not a true contender (top 4-6) team yet...  which I would agree with I suppose...I think all the folks wanting big signings think we are a top team....