Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 26th pick of the 2019 NFL draft, The Indianapolis Colts select.....

RD1:P26=Simmons DT, Sweat EDGE, Little OT, White LB, Murphy CB

RD2:P34=Rapp S, Allen DT, Edwards OT, Burns DE, Jones DT, Baker CB

RD2:P58=Butler WR, Edwards OLB, Benzschawel G, Ximines EDGE, Love CB

Etc...then WR/TE/RB (Sills WR, Hockenson TE, Smith TE, Moreau TE, Jordan-Humprey WR, Renfrow WR, Snell RB, Hill RB)

Would be great if Simmons fell to 26, but the kid is oozing with Pro Bowl potential, so most will probably ignore character issues and take him early. If Polite, Josh or Zach Allen, or Dre'Mont Jones are there, I think they'd all be solid additions. I think there's very little chance Ballard goes WR with that pick. I've seen a lot of mocks with them taking Onumariye and Baker, but I don't think they will ignore edge rusher, and as someone else mentioned above Julian Love will be available a little later, and he was arguably the best corner in the country collegiately. 

ANY of these five (Not in any order) and I am happy

Simons

Wilkins

Z Allen

Polite

Burns

Of course if for some reason any of the top 5, were to somehow slide.........

You would have to take them

I think Oliver may slide a bit, its a stretch to come to 26, but it has happened before 

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

I have a few choices. Im not completely convinced yet.

Christian Wilkins DT

Jerry Tillery DT

D.K Metcalf WR

Montez Sweat DE

Based on who I think might be there who fits what we do, I have:

Christian Wilkins, DT

DK Metcalf, WR

Kelvin Harmon, WR

Amani Oruwariye, CB

A.J. Brown, W.R.

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Christian Wilkins, DT

DK Metcalf, WR

Kelvin Harmon, WR

Amani Oruwariye, CB

A.J. Brown, W.R.

Not a fan of Sweat or Tillery?

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

I have a few choices. Im not completely convinced yet.

Christian Wilkins DT

Jerry Tillery DT

D.K Metcalf WR

Montez Sweat DE

I don't think Wilkins, Metcalf, and Sweat make it to 26th

21 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Christian Wilkins, DT

DK Metcalf, WR

Kelvin Harmon, WR

Amani Oruwariye, CB

A.J. Brown, W.R.

Brooks has us taking Harmon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Josh Jacobs if he falls to us.  Otherwise a WR.   I'm expecting impactful defensive signings in FA.  FA will have a big impact on our draft. 

Josh Jacobs will be there at No.34 and possibly for our late 2nd round pick as well. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

That would be great.  Daniel Jeremiah has him going No. 5 to Tampa Bay.  That is very early so he must be rated very high.  That's a lot of spots to fall. 

So far that definitely looks to be an outlier.  A total overreaction.  He is rising up boards and mocks currently, but being that high seems completely outlandish so far.  He's not in the Saquan/Fournette/Zeke area of prospects from what I've been able to find.   In those top tier guys we had been hearing about them the whole year or more before the draft, and Jacobs is just now getting some press.  He may be a first rounder, but I would think top 10 is a little (a lot) rich.

1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

So far that definitely looks to be an outlier.  A total overreaction.  He is rising up boards and mocks currently, but being that high seems completely outlandish so far.  He's not in the Saquan/Fournette/Zeke area of prospects from what I've been able to find.   In those top tier guys we had been hearing about them the whole year or more before the draft, and Jacobs is just now getting some press.  He may be a first rounder, but I would think top 10 is a little (a lot) rich.

Interesting information.  Jeremiah is very highly thought of in his field.  Surprised he is so far outside the norm.  Hopefully Jacobs does fall to the back of the round.  At least we might have the opportunity if it presents itself. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 5:23 PM, richard pallo said:

Interesting information.  Jeremiah is very highly thought of in his field.  Surprised he is so far outside the norm.  Hopefully Jacobs does fall to the back of the round.  At least we might have the opportunity if it presents itself. 

That would be a hell no to a RB that early. WR yes. RB.....not until the 3rd round, and only if a large gem unexpectedly falls to them. The Colts need a pounder with hands that can block, not another Mack or Hines. That guy should be there from the 4th round on. 

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

That would be a hell no to a RB that early. WR yes. RB.....not until the 3rd round, and only if a large gem unexpectedly falls to them. The Colts need a pounder with hands that can block, not another Mack or Hines. That guy should be there from the 4th round on. 

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

Mack is a very good pass blocker. We really don’t need a running back at all. 

On 1/20/2019 at 6:14 PM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Would be great if Simmons fell to 26, but the kid is oozing with Pro Bowl potential, so most will probably ignore character issues and take him early. If Polite, Josh or Zach Allen, or Dre'Mont Jones are there, I think they'd all be solid additions. I think there's very little chance Ballard goes WR with that pick. I've seen a lot of mocks with them taking Onumariye and Baker, but I don't think they will ignore edge rusher, and as someone else mentioned above Julian Love will be available a little later, and he was arguably the best corner in the country collegiately. 

Just put a joint in the kids car. It helps Fred Smoot to fall out of the first round back in the day

18 hours ago, Hoose said:

You should read Jeremiah's write up on Jacobs.  He is his No. 6 " overall prospect" out of fifty.  Runs low to the ground and powers through tacklers.  Change of direction and quickness is off the charts.  Excellent receiver.  He would be a great pick with our 1st or early 2nd.  He actually could be BPA when we pick.  He most likely won't make it to us but he is a clear 1st. rd. talent that would move Mack to no. 2. on the depth chart.  Belicheck joined other GM's in debunking that "never draft a RB early" theory last year.  We shall see. 

16 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s hasn’t looked to hot at Senior Bowl, but I didn’t see him being a 1st rounder before that.

McShay and Brooks have both listed him as a first rounder in their mocks. If Marcus Davenport went in the first last year, Ferguson can this year as well. 

With separation and YAC being a premium in the current NFL, I think the Colts should look at Deebo Samuel for WR, if he is there for our second pick, IMO. Having that kind of production in the SEC is nothing to sneeze at. He is not a gadget player like Curtis Samuel and is more polished than D.J.Moore that was drafted last year, I feel.