Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady to lose out on 5 million in incentives??

dgambill

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/patriots-qb-tom-brady-could-miss-5m-in-performance-bonuses-this-season

Basically he isn't in top 5 in 5 statistical categories (passer rating, yards, tds, comp. %, and yards per attempt). I wonder if the Pats will rework his contract to still give him the 5 million after all the money he has given up over his career? Be real interesting to see.

He has one year remaining on his contract. I doubt he goes into 2019 without an extension in place, although I've given up trying to figure out what they're going to do with his contracts. Maybe he'll retire. Or maybe they'll re-sign him for five years, $200m. Who knows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Maybe he'll start a cell phone disposal business 

LOL! Good one....I know where he should open the first location....Washington DC. I mean I can't believe all the FBI and others that wipe their devices and servers etc during investigations....he could make a fortune. (Not to get too political) That stuff right there puts him in with a not too savory crowd lol.

• Like 3

Honestly I did not know he had fallen down the list so far in most those categories. He might finish 5th in yardage but it's a long shot. This year is starting to remind me of Peyton's year before he retired. Was looking strong and still deadly coming off that record setting season and then injuries and body started to turn on him...and he finished hobbling towards the finish line. Tom looks pretty healthy but it does look like he is going to limp home. It's a crazy AFC and NE can win it about as much as anyone but he has to start contemplating the end is near I would think....especially with Gronk also looking like his body is giving out too. Edelman looks a little worse for the wear too. I can't see Tom wanting to go through a rebuild.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Honestly I did not know he had fallen down the list so far in most those categories. He might finish 5th in yardage but it's a long shot. This year is starting to remind me of Peyton's year before he retired. Was looking strong and still deadly coming off that record setting season and then injuries and body started to turn on him...and he finished hobbling towards the finish line. Tom looks pretty healthy but it does look like he is going to limp home. It's a crazy AFC and NE can win it about as much as anyone but he has to start contemplating the end is near I would think....especially with Gronk also looking like his body is giving out too. Edelman looks a little worse for the wear too. I can't see Tom wanting to go through a rebuild.

This is looking like Peyton's 2014 year when he had his one and done at the hands of Andrew Luck in the divisional round. Next year could be the version of Peyton's 2015??? I don't think Brady's arm would ever fall off like Peyton's did due to the nerve issues Peyton was legitimately dealing with.

• Like 1

Brady is clearly dropping 

It happens to every player at some point

Once you start to drop, its hard to get it back..... (almost impossible)

I cant imagine taking the hits that a pro football player takes at 40 plus.....

He can still walk.....  Many NFL players limp around the rest of their life

He has been to more SBs than any other QB

He has won more SBs than any other QB

He is a first ballot HOF

What else does he have to prove?

If they are one and done in the playoffs, it wouldnt suprise me to see him retire

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, Superman said:

He has one year remaining on his contract. I doubt he goes into 2019 without an extension in place, although I've given up trying to figure out what they're going to do with his contracts. Maybe he'll retire. Or maybe they'll re-sign him for five years, $200m. Who knows?

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Maybe he'll start a cell phone disposal business 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I guess if Tom runs low on money he could get a loan from Gisele.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, chad72 said:

Or a tire pressure monitor business??? :) 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can't make incentives BUT makes Pro Bowl lol.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, buccolts said:

Sad story...

lol   Poor pitiful little Tommy.     Thanks for the laughs.

I'm with @2006Coltsbestever    I don't dare comment until after the Playoffs...   Then maybe.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I never count him out, if he loses a Divisional Round game I will be more convinced his days are numbered. Patriots have been to the AFC Title Game 7 years in a row. So if he loses a Divisional Round game it will look more over for him. 

He has benefited over the years with well rounded teams, this one has a ton of holes.

They will win every home game in their corrupt stadium, so they will go far in the

playoffs unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

He has benefited over the years with well rounded teams, this one has a ton of holes.

They will win every home game in their corrupt stadium, so they will go far in the

playoffs unfortunately.

I had them in the SB before the season started but I can see them losing in the AFC Title Game as this season is concluding but I am not counting on it.

6 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Just wondering where Trevor Lawrence will end up in 2021. BB may be planning this already. :headspin:Brady plays one more season in 2019, then retires. Patriots tank in 2020, draft Lawrence with #1 pick in 2021. Crazier things have happened...

Instead of Suck for Luck, it will be Tank for Trevor :lol:. Their time is running out and they have nobody as of now to replace Tom. We have a healthy Luck who is still only 29 to do so after the Peyton years finally.

• Like 1

Whether you hate Brady or love him, you have to admit, it's NEVER been about the money for him. The guy genuinely wants to win -- that's really the only thing that motivates him. He's left tens of millions of dollars on the negotiating table throughout his NFL career. 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2018 at 4:08 AM, chad72 said:

This is looking like Peyton's 2014 year when he had his one and done at the hands of Andrew Luck in the divisional round. Next year could be the version of Peyton's 2015??? I don't think Brady's arm would ever fall off like Peyton's did due to the nerve issues Peyton was legitimately dealing with.

Nerve issues, old age and all, I still think Manning could have been a top ten QB for 15-17 had Elway not taken away PM's control of the offense in late 14. Anyway, going out with a ring was probably worth it for PM. 

24 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Whether you hate Brady or love him, you have to admit, it's NEVER been about the money for him. The guy genuinely wants to win -- that's really the only thing that motivates him. He's left tens of millions of dollars on the negotiating table throughout his NFL career. 

Try again:

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-is-gisele-bundchens-net-worth-she-makes-more-than-tom-brady-its-amazing-8011400

Also, let's not forget, restructuring isn't the same as taking less. 

4 hours ago, 18to87 said:

Nerve issues, old age and all, I still think Manning could have been a top ten QB for 15-17 had Elway not taken away PM's control of the offense in late 14. Anyway, going out with a ring was probably worth it for PM. 

About 99% of the football watching world disagrees with this. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

About 99% of the football watching world disagrees with this. 

He almost had the 2014 MVP wrapped up until a loss vs St Louis that led to Elway making big changes with how the team was being coached - which ultimately led to the coaches being completely checked out prior to the playoff loss that year (Fox to the Bears was leaked the morning of the game). Of course, his injuries and new system in 2015 played a role in his decline. IMO, riding out with a SB winner with Denver was a smart decision, but after an off-season getting healthy, I would have put money on him making the Pro Bowl had he decided to take up Gase's offer of playing in Miami.  

On 12/31/2018 at 8:48 PM, 18to87 said:

He almost had the 2014 MVP wrapped up until a loss vs St Louis that led to Elway making big changes with how the team was being coached - which ultimately led to the coaches being completely checked out prior to the playoff loss that year (Fox to the Bears was leaked the morning of the game). Of course, his injuries and new system in 2015 played a role in his decline. IMO, riding out with a SB winner with Denver was a smart decision, but after an off-season getting healthy, I would have put money on him making the Pro Bowl had he decided to take up Gase's offer of playing in Miami.  

By the time the Broncos-Panthers rolled around he could barely throw the ball. He helped them win games with his knowledge/awareness but physically he could just not do it anymore. It's not his fault or anything... the guy had nerve damage. 

9 minutes ago, GoPats said:

By the time the Broncos-Panthers rolled around he could barely throw the ball. He helped them win games with his knowledge/awareness but physically he could just not do it anymore. It's not his fault or anything... the guy had nerve damage. 

Agree that he beat teams with his brain, but I also recall some throws towards the end  that amazed or maybe better word is surprised many.  

After watching everything he went through to get back on the field was pretty admirable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Agree that he beat teams with his brain, but I also recall some throws towards the end  that amazed or maybe better word is surprised many.  

After watching everything he went through to get back on the field was pretty admirable.

It was. 

This wasn't meant as an insult or a knock on Manning. He had an injury that made it impossible for him to continue his career, at least playing at the level he had established. 

My reply to the comment was simply based on the fact that nerve damage doesn't just heal. Nerves do not regenerate. The OP's notion that "an offseason (of) getting healthy" would have prolonged his career is simply not accurate. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GoPats said:

It was. 

This wasn't meant as an insult or a knock on Manning. He had an injury that made it impossible for him to continue his career, at least playing at the level he had established. 

My reply to the comment was simply based on the fact that nerve damage doesn't just heal. Nerves do not regenerate. The OP's notion that "an offseason (of) getting healthy" would have prolonged his career is simply not accurate. 

All of his injuries in his final season were lower body injuries. 

On 1/1/2019 at 11:09 AM, Nesjan3 said:

maybe Brady will play till he is 60 and the Pats will have 18 losing season in a row

He will be the next Eli Manning where he wants to keep playing, but sucks at playing. The difference though in the Pats and Giants is the Pats aren't afraid to tell their star players to take a hike, so I think Brady will be in for a shocking disappointment when they discard him like a piece of trash.