Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Cowboys

Myles

DAL is winning that division. And like I correctly predicted...DAL would somehow beat NO...setting up a big showdown against PHI next week...where they can bascially end PHI's chances.

I also predicted that the DAL/IND would get flexed...and that is definitely happening now...especially with the hour difference.

• Like 1

BTW...if there is still any confusion why LVE is graded similarly to Leonard...or competing with him for DROY...tonight was exhibit A. Both of them are studs.

Nelson is a beast...but man it would have been awesome to have Leonard and Leighton at LB...it just rolls off the tongue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One game at a time is the right approach, lets just get this one and make it 6 in a row.

this game could potentially have a big effect on the MVP race as well. If luck destroys the cowboys then it may be sealed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

This is going to be the toughest game left on our schedule. Their coming off of 4 straight wins against 3 solid teams and 1 elite team. We havent faced an elite RB like Elliot yet, and Idk if our defense will be able to stop him. 

I believe we have played Fournette in his first game back in awhile and while he didn’t kill us in the ground game, those screens and other tosses to him were pretty rough on this defense. We’ve played some pretty good backs so far and have contained them pretty much but some of that is because we have been so bad at the pass and those screen type passing games. If we don’t figure out how to play a screen better or those over the middle shirt passes, Dallas is going to not only steal our lunch, they are going to force us to feed them and rub their bellies while we do it. 

Dallas is going to be be a tough game but it’s winnable. Dallas had everything go right for them and the Saints couldn’t do anything right. 

8 hours ago, strt182 said:

BLAH BLAH alot can change from now till then . This game is in almost 3 weeks, lets cross it after the 2 games in front of it . Right now its about the JAGs. 

I don't understand comments like this. Why come to a thread about the Colts vs COWBOYS only to comment that this game doesn't matter because its 3 weeks away? Just stay away from the topic if you dont want to talk about it. 

• Thanks 2

Living in the Dallas area, its a bit funny to me, how the Cowboys fans are

5-6 weeks ago, there were many that were saying Dak isnt any good, and The WR trade was moronic

Now they are SUPER BOWL bound

Its been that way, the past 17 years I have lived here

2 Wins in a row....... Super bowl bound

2 losses in a row....... Fire the coach, QB, owner, etc, etc

Not much in between

I like the Cowboys for the NFC (I cant see them winning it) but I "kinda" follow them

Mostly because ZEKE played for THE Ohio State........

Will be rooting for my Colts when they play the Cowboys though.......

It should be a great game.....  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Thursday night football is a gimme to the home team. Only two visiting teams have won this year and it was because of gross incompetence in the home team.

It is a joke. I'd rather Tuesday night or Fridays.

It wouldn't make me mad for the NFL to do away with Thursday night games.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Living in the Dallas area, its a bit funny to me, how the Cowboys fans are

5-6 weeks ago, there were many that were saying Dak isnt any good, and The WR trade was moronic

Now they are SUPER BOWL bound

Its been that way, the past 17 years I have lived here

2 Wins in a row....... Super bowl bound

2 losses in a row....... Fire the coach, QB, owner, etc, etc

Not much in between

It’s the same in Philadelphia and pretty much all over. If you judge by local sports talk radio, you’ll have callers that are generally negative and some that are generally positive. 

A loss brings out the first group of callers and a win. the second.

29 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I like the Cowboys for the NFC (I cant see them winning it) but I "kinda" follow them

Mostly because ZEKE played for THE Ohio State........

Will be rooting for my Colts when they play the Cowboys though.......

It should be a great game.....  

It was stated last night that Brees couldn’t step up in the pocket. 

The Colts can show the NFL that they have a great  Oline by doing well these next three games 

• Like 1

The Cowboys D is playing pretty good right now, the O put up 13 points and 7 sacks last night (wait, what?). 

I'll wait and see. I don't believe in a Jason Garrett lead teams. The Colts can win that game, but it's not a given.

The Saints being so lifeless on offense was more surprising to me. Weeks of people talking about how Defense was a thing of the past in the NFL and this weeks greatest QB ever couldn't do anything?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

The Cowboys are 4-1 since adding Amari Cooper.  Who would have thought what adding another young playmaker could do for a team.   And they traded their 1st. rd. pick. to get him.  I can't believe it.   

So many people were throwing shade at that trade. I thought it was a good move on their part. They needed a good WR...to build around and open up the offense and allow Zeke to do his thing. And after getting burnt with the Hurns signing...using FA again wasn't really an option again. And the draft was going to be a crapshoot and take too long.

Short-term...they also knew they could win that division. So they took advantage of an opportunity with a team having a firesale, much like CHI did.

Well now DAL is very likely going win their division...the offense has opened up and Zeke is doing his thing (which my FF team appreciates). And Cooper is building a very nice rapport with Dak (16/17, 225 yards and 2 TDs over the past two games).

That pick is going to be at least in the mid 20s as well.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wouldn't make me mad for the NFL to do away with Thursday night games.

I have a bit of a cognitive dissonance when it comes to TNF. I agree the short week heavily favors a home team. And the games are sometimes ugly.

But, on the other hand, I love having the NFL on as many nights as possible...and TNF is a great way to kick off the weekend (and if you play DFS or FF...another game to bet on).

And the 10-day layoff is sort of like a mini-bye.

I am torn...but I really dig the Saturday slates that are coming up with college done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I haven't watched the Cowboys much this year, and I wondered why everyone was saying Leighton Vander Esch was close or better than Darius Leonard has been this year. I'm seeing why in this game.

Yeah, LVE is a really good player. He didn't start out as hot as Leonard, but he's come on just as strong. I'm concerned that him having a great game in prime time, late in the season, will leave an indelible impression and cost Leonard DPOY.

1 hour ago, Mitch Connors said:

I don't understand comments like this. Why come to a thread about the Colts vs COWBOYS only to comment that this game doesn't matter because its 3 weeks away? Just stay away from the topic if you dont want to talk about it. 

It was a bit of sarcasm. I was just referencing the approach the Colts are taking to each game. In 3 weeks more weeks the game could have very little impact on this season or it could mean everything, which changes the discussion completely.  Lets just not get ahead of ourselves here. 

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I have a bit of a cognitive dissonance when it comes to TNF. I agree the short week heavily favors a home team. And the games are sometimes ugly.

But, on the other hand, I love having the NFL on as many nights as possible...and TNF is a great way to kick off the weekend (and if you play DFS or FF...another game to bet on).

And the 10-day layoff is sort of like a mini-bye.

I am torn...but I really dig the Saturday slates that are coming up with college done.

I don't know why people hate on TNF. It doesn't bother me at all, and this year's games have been much better.

I think the NFL should make the season two weeks longer, give every team two more byes, and teams only play Thursday games after a bye. That stretches TV dominance, improves the quality of the games, and promotes player wellness. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

So many people were throwing shade at that trade. I thought it was a good move on their part. They needed a good WR...to build around and open up the offense and allow Zeke to do his thing. And after getting burnt with the Hurns signing...using FA again wasn't really an option again. And the draft was going to be a crapshoot and take too long.

Short-term...they also knew they could win that division. So they took advantage of an opportunity with a team having a firesale, much like CHI did.

Well now DAL is very likely going win their division...the offense has opened up and Zeke is doing his thing (which my FF team appreciates). And Cooper is building a very nice rapport with Dak (16/17, 225 yards and 2 TDs over the past two games).

That pick is going to be at least in the mid 20s as well.

I agree and hopefully our pick is in the 20s or higher too.  Maybe we can trade it to them for Lawrence.  Just dreaming.   Oh, I know.  To some trading our 1st. rd. pick for a player is blasphemy.  OMG that means we would have to pay him a huge contract too.  No way!    hahaha.  Regardless I still think we can beat the Cowboys especially at home.  I am really looking forward to that one. 

32 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

So many people were throwing shade at that trade. I thought it was a good move on their part.

I had no problem with the Cowboys giving up a first for Cooper. I didn't want the Colts to -- or think the Colts would -- give up a first for Cooper.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

The Cowboys are 4-1 since adding Amari Cooper.  Who would have thought what adding another young playmaker could do for a team.   And they traded their 1st. rd. pick. to get him.  I can't believe it.   

The Colts are 4-0 since the Cowboys added Amari Cooper. Correlation does not equal causation.

Although I obviously agree that the Cowboys did well to add him, I didn't think it was the right move for the Colts.

32 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Colts are 4-0 since the Cowboys added Amari Cooper. Correlation does not equal causation.

Although I obviously agree that the Cowboys did well to add him, I didn't think it was the right move for the Colts.

Comment unrelated to quote...just a discussion opportunity related to the Cowboys.  

I’m hopeful that we can evolve from the same root defensive philosophy into what the Cowboys are doing...ie actually guarding receivers in conjunction with classic aggressive Marinelli DL principles....those stud LBs don’t hurt either...

Thats a scheme I can fully embrace.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't know why people hate on TNF. It doesn't bother me at all, and this year's games have been much better.

I think the NFL should make the season two weeks longer, give every team two more byes, and teams only play Thursday games after a bye. That stretches TV dominance, improves the quality of the games, and promotes player wellness. 

While I like that you are thinking outside the box, I don't like the idea of 3 bye weeks.  Not sure what the answer is though.  I am against adding more games to a a 16 games schedule too.  I don't have a good solution to offer.

I don't really have a "strong" dislike for Thursday night games, although I wouldn't mind if the Colts didn't play play any of them. 

Personally, I would prefer that the NFL went back to only Sunday day games and the Monday nights game.   I don't care for the over-saturation of the NFL.   But that is just a personal preference (a "me" problem).   I liked the feeling of excitement of the Sunday being NFL time.    

Unrelated side-note.    Before I used the word over-saturation, I googled it to check on if it was hyphenated or not.   Went to OxfordDictionary.com.  and it gave me one of these wonderful definitions.   

noun

The property or condition of being oversaturated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Yeah, LVE is a really good player. He didn't start out as hot as Leonard, but he's come on just as strong. I'm concerned that him having a great game in prime time, late in the season, will leave an indelible impression and cost Leonard DPOY.

Yeah...a primetime game like this will possibly put him over the top. 

He has also the allure of playing for "America's team" and that is very marketable. Not to mention his background and story.

If the Cowboys make the playoffs, which they will, the improvement on defense (going from a bottom third defense to a top 5 defense) will get a lot of the credit...and LVE will be a big part of that.

That's not to say Leonard isn't a big reason why the Colts have improved on defense...but the Colts' resurgence is the story of Andrew Luck's comeback...not the defense.

I still think Chubb wins it if he gets the rookie sack record.

11 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Thursday night football is a gimme to the home team. Only two visiting teams have won this year and it was because of gross incompetence in the home team.

It is a joke. I'd rather Tuesday night or Fridays.

Generally I would agree.  However both teams last night also played last Thursday as well.  Dallas' advantage was not nearly as big as it normally is for the home team.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Comment unrelated to quote...just a discussion opportunity related to the Cowboys.  

I’m hopeful that we can evolve from the same root defensive philosophy into what the Cowboys are doing...ie actually guarding receivers in conjunction with classic aggressive Marinelli DL principles....those stud LBs don’t hurt either...

This and some more of this.  I watched last night with the idea of what the Colts defense could be - with some more talent.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I had no problem with the Cowboys giving up a first for Cooper. I didn't want the Colts to -- or think the Colts would -- give up a first for Cooper.

Yeah...I wouldn't have made the trade if I was the Colts...but it made sense for DAL. They have pieces in place to be a playoff team...but were in obvious need of a WR.

Yet so many people (here as well) were bashing the move because 1st round picks have almost taken on this almost mythological status.

1 hour ago, ztboiler said:

Agreed. I think our scheme has been too simplistic to be effective against good offenses, and I think our DBs in particular make too many mistakes in coverage, pre- and post-snap.

But when everyone is humming, this defensive scheme can work. It has to be played correctly, and the game plan needs to be sound.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

While I like that you are thinking outside the box, I don't like the idea of 3 bye weeks.  Not sure what the answer is though.  I am against adding more games to a a 16 games schedule too.  I don't have a good solution to offer.

I don't think they should add games, either. Curious, what's the object to three byes?

Unrelated side-note.    Before I used the word over-saturation, I googled it to check on if it was hyphenated or not.   Went to OxfordDictionary.com.  and it gave me one of these wonderful definitions.   

noun

The property or condition of being oversaturated.

Was that not specific enough for you??? :)

• Like 1