Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson is.....

dw49

Kind of good at football. He just mutilated people today. He didn't even bother to complain about the ridiculous holding penalty. Incredible that Ballard get's him at 6 and adds Smith who is probably a better guard than T ? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tombstone said:

The Cowboys did the exact same thing when they built their oline with high first round picks.

And their qb still had to retire early. It’s quality lineman plus scheme that has helped. Not holding the ball on 7 step drops alone has helped a TON! 

• Like 4

I never though I will ever see a game when Luck throws 200 yards or less and the Colts win ... with a great offensive performance. I thought these two exclude each other. :)

Honestly, it's a bit strange to watch this offense after the Manning era, and Luck's first 6 years. It's indeed strange to watch as Luck just handles the ball over and over and over again .... and the offense goes first down after first down, over and over again. Need some time to grasp this new offense. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Kind of good at football. He just mutilated people today. He didn't even bother to complain about the ridiculous holding penalty. Incredible that Ballard get's him at 6 and adds Smith who is probably a better guard than T ? 

The last Mack touchdown I think Smith pushed 2 guys in the end zone at sametime. Watch the highlight.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

And their qb still had to retire early. It’s quality lineman plus scheme that has helped. Not holding the ball on 7 step drops alone has helped a TON! 

So it looks like we finally have built the O line.  Now let's exhaust our free agency and draft on the D line.

12 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Wasn't Romo in his mid 30's?  Not that he didn't take a beating....mostly for coaches that wasted him.

6 minutes ago, Matabix said:

The last Mack touchdown I think Smith pushed 2 guys in the end zone at sametime. Watch the highlight.

I saw that . I'm really surprised Smith has held up so well at RT , but I still think the Colts should find another RT and move him inside next year. Could be one super elite interior O Line.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So it looks like we finally have built the O line.  Now let's exhaust our free agency and draft on the D line.

We need a definite pass rusher but they don’t grow on trees. If somehow we could get Clowny, I’d be for that. I think it’s going to have to be a home grown effort though. We could however get an impact CB from FA, those seem more freely available between the two positions. We get those two spots buttoned up and this defense takes off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I saw that . I'm really surprised Smith has held up so well at RT , but I still think the Colts should find another RT and move him inside next year. Could be one super elite interior O Line.

I don't know.  The way this O-line is playing?  I'm not screwing with anything.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

We need a definite pass rusher but they don’t grow on trees. If somehow we could get Clowny, I’d be for that. I think it’s going to have to be a home grown effort though. We could however get an impact CB from FA, those seem more freely available between the two positions. We get those two spots buttoned up and this defense takes off. 

Clowney is a beast but Houston probably franchises him if they can't sign him.  Not sure wat his health out look  is long term.  I believe he had a bad knee that was only going to get worse as he ages.  I could b wrong. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Clowney is a beast but Houston probably franchises him if they can't sign him.  Not sure wat his health out look  is long term.  I believe he had a bad knee that was only going to get worse as he ages.  I could b wrong. 

Yeah, they have the cap space to franchise him but probably not to give him that 100 million plus deal with Watson needing one down the line too. So he wont make it to FA but Demarcus Lawrence might.

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah, they have the cap space to franchise him but probably not to give him that 100 million plus deal with Watson needing one down the line too. So he wont make it to FA but Demarcus Lawrence might.

Demarcua  wont.  He had a great year last year and he is  on a prove it deal this year.  He is  proving this year he is not a one year wonder.  He gets big money after this  season. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Demarcua  wont.  He had a great year last year and he is  on a prove it deal this year.  He is  proving this year he is not a one year wonder.  He gets big money after this  season. 

Yeah just checked and Dallas has more cap space than I thought. I thought they were up against it, guess not.

Finally our offensive line is playing well! After all these years.

I know some were skeptical about taking a guard at 6th overall, but the additions of Nelson and Smith to a line that had Castonzo and Kelly has catapulted us forward substantially.

I'm still waiting to see us win the battles at the LOS like this to a team that has an elite defense, but even being able to do it against anyone multiple weeks in a row is a big step forward. 

And look how efficient Luck has been. These last 2 weeks where we were able to run the football well, Luck has thrown 7 tds, no interceptions, and had a 72.2% competition percentage. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Demarcus  wont.  He had a great year last year and he is  on a prove it deal this year.  He is  proving this year he is not a one year wonder.  He gets big money after this  season. 

I agree. However, with the Cooper trade, I think they will not have the cap space to keep David Irving. He's been suspended already 2 times, so a full year suspension is a risk there, but when he please, he's a beast. With the right contract, I'd love to see him in Indy.

35 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Finally our offensive line is playing well! After all these years.

I know some were skeptical about taking a guard at 6th overall, but the additions of Nelson and Smith to a line that had Castonzo and Kelly has catapulted us forward substantially.

I'm still waiting to see us win the battles at the LOS like this to a team that has an elite defense, but even being able to do it against anyone multiple weeks in a row is a big step forward. 

And look how efficient Luck has been. These last 2 weeks where we were able to run the football well, Luck has thrown 7 tds, no interceptions, and had a 72.2% competition percentage. 

Bills defense may not be elite, but it's pretty damn good.

• Like 1