Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson is.....

dw49

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

I never though I will ever see a game when Luck throws 200 yards or less and the Colts win ... with a great offensive performance. I thought these two exclude each other. :)

Honestly, it's a bit strange to watch this offense after the Manning era, and Luck's first 6 years. It's indeed strange to watch as Luck just handles the ball over and over and over again .... and the offense goes first down after first down, over and over again. Need some time to grasp this new offense. :)

Edge got quite a few carries.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I mean Buffalo and Oakland, wow. 

Seriously...you're knocking buffalo's defense? when we played them they were #6 rushing defense in the League.  He had 89 vrs the Jets the weeks before on 12 carries, Jets were 11th vrs the run in the NFL then also.  Give some credit where credit is due man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Seriously...you're knocking buffalo's defense? when we played them they were #6 rushing defense in the League.  He had 89 vrs the Jets the weeks before on 12 carries, Jets were 11th vrs the run in the NFL then also.  Give some credit where credit is due man.

No, he is hell bent on trading for Bell and nothing else matters. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

No, he is hell bent on trading for Bell and nothing else matters. 

LOL. And how many yards has Bell had this year?..0? yeah, he's proven he still has it.....>.<

Has anyone even thought Bell has held out for the big big $$$ payday because he KNOWS he's creeping up on that line where his tires will be wearing thin and he wants paid now before it happens?....probably not.

• Like 2

It was always cracks me up when the draft pundits try to say, "It's bad value to draft x position this high in the draft." If you get the opportunity at sure-fire pick who is going to solidify that position for the next 10-15 years then why not use the draft pick? Nelson has done for the Colts offensive line what Martin did for the Cowboys. I don't think the Colts are a good football team yet, but man it's hard not to get excited about the future when you see glimpses of what's to come each week.

• Like 4

Do yourself a favor.  Watch the game back and only watch Nelson.

I was laughing my **beep** off because as Nelson is man-handling "his guy", a teammate of the poor sucker is running behind tapping Nelson on the shoulders and helmet to tell him the play was over.  Hilarious.  The one time, Nelson was driving and a guy (not the one being blocked) slapped Nelson in the back of the head....: pretty hard.  He and a ref made eye contact and i thought a flag was coming for the rather aggressive head slap.  The "slapper" kind of looked at the ref and shrugged as if to ask for any ideas.  

Nelson just stopped blocking, and turned to find a teammate to help off the ground.

The highlight of my day.

• Like 2

Nelson was just a great pick. A blue chip player at a position of need. We got one of the best 3 players at 6 and managed to get some extra picks... Great move by Ballard and it totally pans out. Glad that people are recognizing that now. And it is helping our QB play in a great way. 23 TD - 8 Interceptions (at least 2 of them because of drops from our receivers) and just 10 sacks! Luck went from one of the most hit guys to one of the least hit guys. And take into consideration that we had a lot of changes on our Offensive Line in the first games due to injuries... It's amazing but we aren't done yet! Would love to see uns spending one of our 2nd rounders on Oline again. A guy like Andre Dillard OT would be great. He would be a great RT and could play LT if Castonzo is out or could be a replacement because Anthony isn't getting younger

I just don't how to act.    The Colts having a good O-line and a running game isn't something I'm used to.   What next?   Will they be able to stop the running game of their opponents?   We'll have to wait till next year for that although they are not as bad as past years.   

19 hours ago, Matabix said:

The last Mack touchdown I think Smith pushed 2 guys in the end zone at sametime. Watch the highlight.

And on the 2 point conversion, Smith had to decide which of two defenders to block. He made the right choice and scored Rodgers.

18 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Our run game did a complete 180 when both AC & Mack came back at same time.

The production of both Hines and Wilkins skyrocketed as well when:

1) AC replaced Haeg/Clark.

2) Glowinski replaced Slauson.

3) Smith replaced Haeg/Good/Clark

• Thanks 1

Jax after the bye is going to challenge the offense, so I'm interested to see what happens in that game.  But only 1 sack given up in 4 games?  I'll sign up for that!  And I like how they are using Hewitt at times as a FB, something we know nothing about here in Indy.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:51 PM, Jdubu said:

We need a definite pass rusher but they don’t grow on trees. If somehow we could get Clowny, I’d be for that. I think it’s going to have to be a home grown effort though. We could however get an impact CB from FA, those seem more freely available between the two positions. We get those two spots buttoned up and this defense takes off. 

Good call on the Clowny acquisition. I was hoping the same thing last week. But remember, CB did just well with drafting in the second round, a Pro Bowl type rookie OLB Leonard, and OG/OT B.Smith. If he does the same thing with the up coming draft, regardless of position just quality players, this team will be head and shoulders at the top of the division.

Image CB drafting another top Olinemen (AC, Nelson, Kelly, B.Smith, Player X) / ( Player X, Nelson, Kelly, B.Smith, AC) this oline will look freakishly good. And AL will look like TB12 bouncing for 5 secs in the pocket.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 5:04 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah, they have the cap space to franchise him but probably not to give him that 100 million plus deal with Watson needing one down the line too. So he wont make it to FA but Demarcus Lawrence might.

They have 3 years deal with Watson . By then they can create the cap room , so I think they can stretch the cap and sign Clowney to a long term deal if they so desire. 

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

They have 3 years deal with Watson . By then they can create the cap room , so I think they can stretch the cap and sign Clowney to a long term deal if they so desire. 

Totally possible, I just can't imagine a team fielding three 100m plus contracts, but by the time Watson is due, perhaps Watt will on the decline and out.

45 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Totally possible, I just can't imagine a team fielding three 100m plus contracts, but by the time Watson is due, perhaps Watt will on the decline and out.

Don't forget they have Hopkins with an 80 mill $ deal and he's only 25 years old. So really would be 4 guys ? But you are correct with Watt. He'll be in his last year , 32 years old with a 17.5 mill deal , none of which is guaranteed. That all said , they can give Watson and large signing bonus and low base salaries for the first couple years and they probably will be OK. Hard to imagine them letting Clowney go if they think his knee will not be an issue a few years down the road. 

2 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Is Clowney really worth huge contract?  The guy still hasn't registered double digit sacks in a season and only has 24 in his career.   

21 minutes ago, Savage56 said:

I just watched Nelson on a play where he started off helping Ryan Kelly with a double team and once Ryan had control, Nelson immediately switched over to help Castonzo with his man. This kid is unreal.

Yep. Ballard drafts players with Football awareness and Football IQ. That cannot be said enough how important those traits are. If you can get a talented player that is intelligent and makes good decisions, then watch out! That's what Quenton Nelson is!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He'll get it whether he's worth it or not. But the Albert Haynesworth bust factor is there.

Oh, I'm sure he will get it...unless his knee acts up.  I would just be cautious from a fan perspective.