Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Live report from 7/29 Practice

Legend of Luck

WIth the new defense, it seems like we wouldn't be doing much fancy blitzes and stuff, but I would like to know how the O-line and especially the interior linemen are doing with passing off stunts and blitzes. This has been a problem for years with that line and nothing seemed to be working ... I hope with the addition of talent and high end mental processing that players like Kelly and Nelson have, this would improve. 

I also would like to know how our linebackers are doing in coverage. Also - is Leonard playing mike or will? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Legend of Luck said:

Morning everybody.

I'll be heading to today's practice, which has been moved up to a 6:15 start time. I'll try to do live updates during practice here in this thread, and then once I get back to our hotel I'll do a full write up.

Does anyone have anything specific they'd like me to pay attention to outside of the obvious stuff with Luck? 

I would love if you updated us on Cain, Fountain, Wilkins and Hines. These are the guys whose roles are more unknown at this time, and I would love to know how they produce today, are they working with the 1's or 2's, how are the rb's splitting carries and how all 4 are catching the ball relative to their peers. Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

Is it true there are no lights at the new facility?

Lights? Like the field lights?

Not sure but I’d like to think if they’re having a night practice they’d get those high mobile lights that hook up to back of trucks. I think construction workers use them a lot until they actually get legit field lights 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Sorry, but every time I see Nelson's name mentioned I get all giddy like a child in a candy store.  It seems quite apparent that this kid may actually be the real deal.  He may be the one that

transforms this offensive line from what it was (pretty listless) to one with confidence, and that thought of omnipotence over any other DLine it faces.  Just gotta pray he stays healthy and plays smart!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Please all.  Cease with the laudatory comments.  You're going to jinx him.  

All pro as a rookie.  Best Guard to ever play the game.  Leaps tall Dlinemen with a single bound.  

There, now if he doesn’t pan out you can blame me.  The pressure is off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

giphy.gif

This post is confusing.  I went back and re-read everything to try to figure out who you're talking about.

There were like two or three nice things said about Luck and Nelson each in tweets by people who are not on this forum and just quoting players and coaches... (and one was the width of Nelsons back, while another was his singing ability... :scratch:)

Other than that, there was one post where someone said Nelson "might be the real deal".

Did you mean to post that in another thread maybe?

12 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

oh i get it now. so Dallas fans are able to praise there great O-linemen but if we praise ours they get jinxed :Cry:i guess ill just cheer quietly lol

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

All pro as a rookie.  Best Guard to ever play the game.  Leaps tall Dlinemen with a single bound.  

There, now if he doesn’t pan out you can blame me.  The pressure is off. 

Being able to leap tall DLinemen is cool...but I am not sure it would be very useful to the position.

7 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Being able to leap tall DLinemen is cool...but I am not sure it would be very useful to the position.

Just to clarify, Nelsons vertical is only 26.5 inches.

Which means he first pancakes the DLineman into the ground until there's only 26.5 inches to jump over.

Then he bounds upfield to his next victim.  (Unless he has time for tea... :thmup:)

Very Useful.  Very Effective.

med_1448386519_image.jpg

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Just to clarify, Nelsons vertical is only 26.5 inches.

Which means he first pancakes the DLineman into the ground until there's only 26.5 inches to jump over.

Then he bounds upfield to his next victim.

Very Useful.  Very Effective.

med_1448386519_image.jpg

Ah...so that's how he gets around the whole "tall" part. Seems a bit misleading.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When a Black Mamba bites Quenton Nelson, Quenton Nelson laughs and the Mamba dies.

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

When Quenton Nelson does a pushup, he pushes the whole universe two feet to the left.

These remind me of the posts when Bob Sanders was in his prime (those 5 or six games he actually played a complete game for us, lol).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

These remind me of the posts when Bob Sanders was in his prime (those 5 or six games he actually played a complete game for us, lol).

Glad it does. Bob won DPOY in the 2007 Season playing all 16 games and in the 2006 Season once he came back nobody could run us and we won the SB. I'll take it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad it does. Bob won DPOY in the 2007 Season playing all 16 games and in the 2006 Season once he came back nobody could run us and we won the SB. I'll take it.

It sucks that he was a flash in the pan do to speak.

I think he would have been a Polamalu/Reed type player for us for a decade if his body held up.

I heard a rumour that the NFL made him retire out of fear he'd kill every offensive player we faced. True story :sarcasm:...

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

If the weather is bad tonight, they can move the practice indoors, but I'm not sure if that means they'll move the public inside, as well, or of the practice becomes locked.

Anyone else know?

I second this question

Edit: nevermind 

20 minutes ago, IinD said:

It sucks that he was a flash in the pan do to speak.

I think he would have been a Polamalu/Reed type player for us for a decade if his body held up.

I heard a rumour that the NFL made him retire out of fear he'd kill every offensive player we faced. True story :sarcasm:...

Bob Sanders was so Bad that the new Commissioner at the time (Roger Goodell) threatened to suspend him if he didn't keep putting players on IR.