Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Live report from 7/29 Practice

Legend of Luck

35 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

1. On both sides of the ball, there was HEAVY rotation. 8 or 9 different receivers got 1st team reps, 4 Tight ends did, 5 RBS did, 6 corners, 4 safeties, etc. It became difficult to really pinpoint official "starters" since so many guys were getting opportunities.

I was supportive of the past coaching as long as I could be, but this is one thing I am so happy to see. No more "You're the guy". Now it's...."until you convince me." 

1 hour ago, Legend of Luck said:

Ok, so on the way home I read this article from Colts.com that basically hit on all if the details that I had written down. So it saved me a lot of typing lol. In all seriousness, that's a very thorough breakdown and is worth your time checking out.

But a couple things I can add.

1. On both sides of the ball, there was HEAVY rotation. 8 or 9 different receivers got 1st team reps, 4 Tight ends did, 5 RBS did, 6 corners, 4 safeties, etc. It became difficult to really pinpoint official "starters" since so many guys were getting opportunities.

2. Andrew looked like a million bucks. I know it's been said by everyone tonight, but I want to emphasize it. He had power, precision, and made great decisions. 

3. I was surprised by how few reps Dion got with Andrew after such a strong start to camp. Reece hardly got any.

4. The primary starting wr group was Ty, Chester, Grant. Ebron and Doyle interchanged a ton, and swope got a bunch of reps as well (and looked great).

5. There were quite a few reps where I saw Nelson was slightly pushed into the backfield, but yet had full control over his opponent. Nobody was getting past him. Awesome to see live.

6. Mack had the big play of the day, ripping off what woulda been an 80 yard td.

7. Wilkins, Hines, and Mack all looked great.

8. The tight ends, once again, dominated the receptions from Andrew.

Appreciate it Legend!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

can you imagine how stoked is TY for this season?

big time, but imo if Jacoby had more time to get acclimated, TY would have had  a better season. I think it just shows how special TY is that he almost had a 1000 yards with a QB he spent no time with.

• Like 1