Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*** Colts UDFA Tracker ***

MTC

3 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Super happy for Skai! He was a leader at USC and brought it every single game. I've really wanted the Colts to give him an opportunity. :rock:

I had Skai as a 5th round prospect. Fell due to being undersized and neck injury he suffered in 2016. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MTC said:

I had Skai as a 5th round prospect. Fell due to being undersized and neck injury he suffered in 2016. 

I didn't know what to expect of him this past season coming off the neck injury but he looked the same to me. Hopefully he can carve out a role with the Colts. 

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

I didn't know what to expect of him this past season coming off the neck injury but he looked the same to me. Hopefully he can carve out a role with the Colts. 

The current LB depth (not including the rookies) is so bad. He'll definitely have a shot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

If Skai is 100% now, I think he'll be a UDFA for us that makes the 53. From there, he could improve a lot.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If Skai is 100% now, I think he'll be a UDFA for us that makes the 53. From there, he could improve a lot.

At the very least he's a perfect backup. Team Captain, high football intelligence, produced in the SEC, and most importantly he puts himself in a position to succeed on the field. I'm just stoked he has an opportunity on my favorite NFL team. 

I know Ballard is listening to my fanboi raving and will put him on the 53 haha 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

how in the world does ismael not get drafted? Hes definitely a steal hands down

Watching him just now it looks like he's excellent at creating separation at the top of the route. His QB almost never hit him in stride though so he had to come back to the ball and make contested catches. Really good pickup for the Colts!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

Guy looks like Chad Johnson in those highlights. 

reminds me more of Pierre Garcon not talking about the mouthpiece either :) i think Garcon was like a 6/7 round pick in the Polian years. I like attitude and personality he's got a bunch of that. 

4 hours ago, MTC said:

Wow. JT Barrett is a Colt. 

4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Bye Bye Kaaya and Walker

Only if he can prove he can beat them out at rookie mini-camp.  I would have preferred we drafted one, even in late rounds.  But 2 I had targeted ( right,  @OffensivelyPC ) for late round consideration were taken in late rounds by other teams-

The first Big Ten quarterback has been drafted. And it's Nebraska's Tanner Lee at No. 203 in the sixth round to Jacksonville.

The Seahawks concluded their picks in the 2018 NFL Draft Saturday by taking quarterback Alex McGough of Florida International University in the seventh round. He was the 220th pick overall.

3 hours ago, SP_21 said:

JT Barrett would be useful in replicating Watson and Mariotas mobility and running ability. Could help the defense prepare for those guys. 

That's the job of the practice squad QB. Run the scout team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Only if he can prove he can beat them out at rookie mini-camp.  I would have preferred we drafted one, even in late rounds.  But 2 I had targeted ( right,  @OffensivelyPC ) for late round consideration were taken in late rounds by other teams-

The first Big Ten quarterback has been drafted. And it's Nebraska's Tanner Lee at No. 203 in the sixth round to Jacksonville.

The Seahawks concluded their picks in the 2018 NFL Draft Saturday by taking quarterback Alex McGough of Florida International University in the seventh round. He was the 220th pick overall.

That's the job of the practice squad QB. Run the scout team.

The Colts were reportedly interested in McGough. The Seahawks actually traded up in front of us to get him. I'm not sure we would have taken him but... for whatever it's worth. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Most on here know I am a 'Cuse homer but I really think Steve Ishmael has a chance to make the roster.

Right now, I'd say he's the 6th best WR on the roster behind Hilton, Grant, Rogers, Cain and Fountain. Definitely has a fighting chance, the Colts may even keep 6 WR's.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Right now, I'd say he's the 6th best WR on the roster behind Hilton, Grant, Rogers, Cain and Fountain. Definitely has a fighting chance, the Colts may even keep 6 WR's.

I agree with you and the only reason Rogers is in the 3rd slot on your list is because he has two years of NFL play under his belt.  I feel the last three all have more talent than him.  Should be exciting to see it all shake out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Grant (1 year contract) and Rogers (former UDFA himself and Himes takes his return role) are expendable if someone like Steve Ishmael beats them out. 

Rodgers is definitely on notice. But remember that Ballard said Fountain would need time. Small school kid. Cain could beat him out though. WR is interesting because it’s literally a wide open position after Hilton.

42 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Personally, I wanna see the BYU DT (Tomasi somethingorother) that is 301 lbs that ran a 4.77 40. I wanna see his first step and how he penetrates as a UT.....

His brother Bob Somethingorother was a captain at Whatsamattu

30 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rodgers is definitely on notice. But remember that Ballard said Fountain would need time. Small school kid. Cain could beat him out though. WR is interesting because it’s literally a wide open position after Hilton.

Rogers needs to stay healthy, but I think he will be a factor this year

35 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

True statement, I don't think they stash him on the PS though with his measurables and WR needy teams...? Maybe? Lol