Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Re-Sign RB Christine Michael

TKnight24

2 hours ago, Trueman said:

Why do people keep bringing up Matt Jones? It’s like we have some secret weapon or something...

Am I missing something with this guy?

I think he is related to Roy Hall the HOF wr for the colts. I remember with great fondness on this forum there were two or 3 players that we/some had high hopes for I think there was a rb and maybe someone else not sure. does anyone remember those days?

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Mack Turbin Michael. Not bad

:facepalm: 

That better not be what Ballard plans to roll out on the field at RB this season.  Our number 1 RB has yet to be drafted hopefully.  Michael can battle it out with Ferguson to see who gets cut or sent to practice squad.  

25 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

:facepalm: 

That better not be what Ballard plans to roll out on the field at RB this season.  Our number 1 RB has yet to be drafted hopefully.  Michael can battle it out with Ferguson to see who gets cut or sent to practice squad.  

What's wrong with Mack?

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I’m not exactly sure why. We’ve got Mack and Turbin returning. They say Jones is in the future plans, and we will likely draft a RB at some point. 

He didnt really bring anything to the table last season. 

He was on IR last season. Kind of had to have any numbers. Just saying.

24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

What's wrong with Mack?

I like Mack just not as our number one.  I see him more as a nice complimentary back who offers a change of pace  and brings some speed to the table. Perfect for splitting carries, the occasional home run TD and keeping our primary back fresh. Also Mack's blocking skills aren't where they need to be right now for me to feel comfortable with him being the primary back.

I prefer a more grind it out style runner with solid receiving and blocking skills as our number 1.   Hopefully, Ballard will be able to add a runner with that skill set through the draft. 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Literally have no idea what a Narwhal is.

3 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Narwhals? Here ya go ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP2lyc53qtI

This is why our forum is the best NFL site on the world wide web. Your questions are relevant & your solutions are creative to say the least. Well done guys. Not always educational, but definitely an unforgettable detour. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

This is why our forum is the best NFL site on the world wide web. Your questions are relevant & your solutions are creative to say the least. Well done guys. Not always educational, but definitely an unforgettable detour. 

That's right.

4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Think Elf

One of the best Christmas movie's ever made man. I love that scene when Will Ferrell tries to hug that raccoon & gets attacked. It's so stupid it's hilarious like the bunk bed scene in "Stepbrothers". 

Comedians always play childlike innocence well....Sorry for the distraction folks. I'll get serious now or at least try anyway. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

One of the best Christmas movie's ever made man. I love that scene when Will Ferrell tries to hug that raccoon & gets attacked. It's so stupid it's hilarious like the bunk bed scene in "Stepbrothers". 

Comedians always play childlike innocence well....Sorry for the distraction folks. I'll get serious now or at least try anyway. 

Hey southwest, what do you think of my mock draft I put up earlier today? Not sure if you looked at it.

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its kinda like a unicorn and a pilot whale got it on.

i believe one also helped the misfit toys in "Rudolph the rednose raindeer".

Yeah, I know I said I was done with my holiday shenanigans, but I must say we'd all kick caboose on Jeopardy questions about Christmas film facts. 

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, Christine Micheal. Welcome back I guess. I don't really get excited over 3rd string backs. He was probably inexpensive so, I'm cool with it. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I know I said I was done with my holiday shenanigans, but I must say we'd all kick caboose on Jeopardy questions about Christmas film facts. 

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, Christine Micheal. Welcome back I guess. I don't really get excited over 3rd string backs. He was probably inexpensive so, I'm cool with it. 

He will have a chance to show why he was brought in last year

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hey southwest, what do you think of my mock draft I put up earlier today? Not sure if you looked at it.

You're right JC. I haven't gone there yet. I promise I will though since you're 1 of my favorite posters. I assume it's under NFL draft stuff right? 

Just now, southwest1 said:

You're right JC. I haven't gone there yet. I promise I will though since you're 1 of my favorite posters. I assume it's under NFL draft stuff right? 

Yes, it's my own personal mock draft. Not under the general one with mock drafts.

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He will have a chance to show why he was brought in last year

I'm hoping Robert Turbin takes a leap forward this yr coupled with Mack. If Micheal shows me he's elevated his game, that's icing on the cake. I'm not rooting against Micheal specifically. I just don't anticipate being blown away by him. 

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yes, it's my own personal mock draft. Not under the general one with mock drafts.

I'm a man of my word Jared. I'm going to your mock now. I'll probably go to your profile page & find it that way. 

Looking forward to reading it actually since you aren't afraid to think outside the box when necessary.

Disclaimer: SW1 isn't as smart as you & krunk are when it comes to drafting day 1 game changers. Please keep that in mind. See ya in a minute...

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

He was on IR last season. Kind of had to have any numbers. Just saying.

Exactly. It’s still not making a ton of sense that we’re bringing him back. Turbin is back, Mack should be the starter (I’d be surprised if we didn’t draft Guice now) and they still keep talking about having plans for Matt Jones. 

If we’re looking for warm camp bodies I’d rather look elsewhere. We have a rough idea what we might get from Michael, and that ceiling is pretty low. May as well kick the tires on some UDFA and see if one of them turns into our own Arian Foster. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Exactly. It’s still not making a ton of sense that we’re bringing him back. Turbin is back, Mack should be the starter (I’d be surprised if we didn’t draft Guice now) and they still keep talking about having plans for Matt Jones. 

If we’re looking for warm camp bodies I’d rather look elsewhere. We have a rough idea what we might get from Michael, and that ceiling is pretty low. May as well kick the tires on some UDFA and see if one of them turns into our own Arian Foster. 

With a 90 man roster I think he will get a chance to prove himself. If not he will be gone.

chiefs-35.png  Chiefs | Damien Williams inked by Chiefs    Thu Mar 22, 02:23 PM

Free-agent RB Damien Williams (Dolphins) signed a one-year, $1.5 millino deal with the Kansas City Chiefs Thursday, March 22. Williams is expected to miss most of the offseason as he is recovering from shoulder surgery. The hope is that he will be ready for training camp.

Link to story
Damien Williams player page

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

chiefs-35.png  Chiefs | Damien Williams inked by Chiefs    Thu Mar 22, 02:23 PM

Free-agent RB Damien Williams (Dolphins) signed a one-year, $1.5 millino deal with the Kansas City Chiefs Thursday, March 22. Williams is expected to miss most of the offseason as he is recovering from shoulder surgery. The hope is that he will be ready for training camp.

Link to story
Damien Williams player page

I'm thinking that "expected to miss most of the off season as he is recovering from shoulder surgery" scared the Colts away. Otherwise, this is a very Ballard-like signing.....I didn't realize he had major surgery. I really wanted the Colts to sign him.