Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich HC - #3 is Barkley or Chubb

ThorstenDenmark

Just now, BlueShoe said:

Dude you have some problems. You are the one who talked to me disrespectful, and I told you not to. 

I just want you to go away now. No matter how much you want this to become a thing, it won't. I am out. 

Today is a great Day! :D 

What a GREAT DAY this has turned out to BE!! 

:coltslogo:

I am sorry but I never disrespected you I am sorry you are blind to see I edited it and apologized sorry but you need to have self control a bit please stop quoting me

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lance_m8 said:

I am sorry but I never disrespected you I am sorry you are blind to see I edited it and apologized sorry but you need to have self control a bit please stop quoting me

Let's change this subject.

What do you think about the news today?

I am excited. I believe we got the right man for the job today. 

Trade back and draft Nelson! Blue chip player at a position of need. easily top 5 talent in this draft. and chubb and barkley aren't gonna win as games. Luck does! and we need to finally protect him. Nelson would improve our line at a cheap price for the next 4-5 years if we can add a guy like norwell Andrew has some serious protection. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

And because he is poor in pass protection and has terrible vision as an inside runner.  He's primarily a screen, pitchout, swing pass back.  

Most rookies are terrible at pass protection. His biggest problem was getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

We don't need a great one to win.  Plus, you can find great ones later in the draft or as free agents.

Like Ferguson, Varga, Josh Robinson, Herron...etc...etc...

Like someone said above, "Barkley is the best player in Draft". Maybe Chubb will be a Dominant DE, maybe he won't. If he's not we miss out on a elite, maybe the Best RB in NFL. Not to mention he's the safest pick. He starts and contributes Day 1. My guess he contributes Big Time right away. I can't say that about Chubb. Lots of other defensive players in draft and FA. Thats my opinion. You and anyone else can have there opinion.

Good day sir.

It just depends on what we value more for the team. It also depends on who we go after in free agency. 

We we haven’t had that true game changer on defense since Freeney/Mathis/Sanders. Think we all miss that. 

We we haven’t had a home run threat for a RB probably since the days of James and the short combo of JA/Rhodes. 

If we stay at #3, I don’t think there is a wrong pick between Barkley or Chubb. We’ve all seen what a high RB can do for you, Fournette, Elliott, etc. 

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Like Ferguson, Varga, Josh Robinson, Herron...etc...etc...

Like someone said above, "Barkley is the best player in Draft". Maybe Chubb will be a Dominant DE, maybe he won't. If he's not we miss out on a elite, maybe the Best RB in NFL. Not to mention he's the safest pick. He starts and contributes Day 1. My guess he contributes Big Time right away. I can't say that about Chubb. Lots of other defensive players in draft and FA. Thats my opinion. You and anyone else can have there opinion.

Good day sir.

People said that about Trent Richardson too.  Invest in your OL and you can have an average back and still win

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I'd rather have Carlos Hyde and Chubb.

That could work too...I prefer Barkley, but if someone sees it the other way I can understand their reasoning as well..I won't be mad, maybe disappointed because I see Barkley being elite very quickly..Chubb might take time to develop, usually that's the case with pass rushers and offensive linemen..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

That could work too...I prefer Barkley, but if someone sees it the other way I can understand their reasoning as well..I won't be mad, maybe disappointed because I see Barkley being elite very quickly..Chubb might take time to develop, usually that's the case with pass rushers and offensive linemen..

I wouldn't be mad with getting Barkley either.  I just think it's better cap management to get a RB in FA (over a premiere DE) and a DE in the draft (over a RB, which have been de-valued over the last decade or so).  I think only LeVeon Bell is going to command big bucks.  Ansah will make more than all the rest of the RB's IMHO.

37 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Barkley is easily the best player in the draft.  Chubb is nice but I expect to get a higher talent than him at #3.

First round DE aware far more successful than later. First round RBs are good, but later round RVs can be just as good. 

Rd1: Bradley Chubb

Rd2: Derrius Guice

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

First round DE aware far more successful than later. First round RBs are good, but later round RVs can be just as good. 

Rd1: Bradley Chubb

Rd2: Nick Chubb

I have mentioned this before.  Could be a bunch of Chubbs come draft time.

Hypothetical question? Say we draft Chubb and then proceed to call Rams, or Cowboys and offer him in straight up trade for Todd Gurley or Ezekiel Elliott...Do they accept the trade or turn it down??? I personally think Barkley is gonna be better than both..I would guess they turn us down on that offer because they would rather have their elite RB than a defensive end who may or may not turn out good or have a long career...Many more doubts on Chubb than Barkley..

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Hypothetical question? Say we draft Chubb and then proceed to call Rams, or Cowboys and offer him in straight up trade for Todd Gurley or Ezekiel Elliott...Do they accept the trade or turn it down??? I personally think Barkley is gonna be better than both..

Ballard isn't insane, so he wouldn't make that call.

4 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I wouldn't be mad with getting Barkley either.  I just think it's better cap management to get a RB in FA (over a premiere DE) and a DE in the draft (over a RB, which have been de-valued over the last decade or so).  I think only LeVeon Bell is going to command big bucks.  Ansah will make more than all the rest of the RB's IMHO.

Valid point, but we are sitting pretty cap wise right now so shouldn't be an issue..