Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich HC - #3 is Barkley or Chubb

ThorstenDenmark

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, AZColt11 said:

I'd rather have Lawrence over both.  He was a beast this year and is younger than both.

Me too...Problem is he is 1 mistake away from long possibly lifetime suspension...risky, but with possible huge reward, and 1 reason I think he could be available, and not franchise tagged..I think Ansah is very good too  with less risk involved..Lawrence is better player though..

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Chubb. Defense wins championships. 

not using the last 2 superbowls as any type of gauge....34-28, 41-33. Even two of the better defenses we have seen in awhile The Vikings and the Jags this year got eliminated in the conference championships by teams that could simply put points on the board.

9 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

not using the last 2 superbowls as any type of gauge....34-28, 41-33. Even two of the better defenses we have seen in awhile The Vikings and the Jags this year got eliminated in the conference championships by teams that could simply put points on the board.

The Jags and the vikings both have good offenses. I don't understand...

3 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Chubb is the pick. I’m sorry but Saquon is not a Zeke or Gurley. If you all actually watched him play and didn’t just watch the ESPN media heads and highlights, you’d know this. 

I couldn't disagree more with this.

Barkley has balance that Zeke nor Gurley have.  Also his manipulation of momentum against tacklers is elite level.  He isn't a power back like Gurley nor Zeke but he doesn't need to be as he has shown he can run between the tackles and still be shifty.  He has elite level explosion and elite level production.  He had all of this with one if the most underwhelming olines in college football.

Chubb is a great prospect and fits us to a T.  There's no need to tear down a player just because he may not be the right pick for us.  (Which I'm still on the fence on that subject)

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm telling you, my guy says the Browns will take Barkley and the Giants will take Chubb. It's gonna happen 

I'd be ecstatic if this happens.  It means that we could trade back and take Edmunds the "actual" best player in the draft at say 6 or 7. 

13 minutes ago, Doyle84 said:

Then we have the Broncos and Jets dying for our pick #3

Of course, Cousins is a factor here too.

The only way I see the Browns taking Barkley is if they land Cousins in FA.  Cousins has already come out I said winning is very important to him so I don't see him signing with the Browns.  They might be a team on the rise, but there are much safer landing spots for cousins.

11 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I couldn't disagree more with this.

Barkley has balance that Zeke nor Gurley have.  Also his manipulation of momentum against tacklers is elite level.  He isn't a power back like Gurley nor Zeke but he doesn't need to be as he has shown he can run between the tackles and still be shifty.  He has elite level explosion and elite level production.  He had all of this with one if the most underwhelming olines in college football.

Chubb is a great prospect and fits us to a T.  There's no need to tear down a player just because he may not be the right pick for us.  (Which I'm still on the fence on that subject)

Barkley is known for bouncing it outside, not for running in between the tackles. Not only is he not a power runner, he absolutely avoids any contact. I’ve seen him fall to the ground and run out of bounds to avoid being tackled. He does not possess the vision that Zeke/Gurley have. His decision making is questionable, he leaves a lot of yards on the field always trying to hit the home run. Seen him run right by huge holes(gave me PTSD from T Richardson) 

Saquon is talented and his burst is elite, im not trying to “tear him down”. but he is not as great as many think. Just my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Doyle84 said:

I actually think Minkah May go at 2... not Chubb. 

I think so to if his hips test well at the combine there's no reason for the Giants to pass unless they are dead set on QB.  And it would mean that the highest rated player at a position of need would be available at our pick. Either way it should be a good scenario.

33 minutes ago, Doyle84 said:

Then we have the Broncos and Jets dying for our pick #3

Of course, Cousins is a factor here too.

And the Browns curse will rear its head.  Barkley will be only average & one of those teams will move up and take the stud QB the Browns passed on & they wind up with the bust QB...  How else could that scenario play out for Cleveland???  :lol:

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

It's called a joke. Meaning "your guy" is your mother.  Now if you want to turn that into a jab at your recently deceased mother, or you are just trolling for pity, you can stick it.

My guy? I said my gut, I'd hit guy at first but corrected it immediately after... I'm not trolling for anything, merely laying it out there. And it was a jab. 

13 minutes ago, midwest said:

Problem is we have been waiting on later to get here for 20's years. It's time this team gets a defense...

Literally spent all of last draft on defense..Minus 4th round pick in Banner which was horrible and Mack..We got free agency too..Go Barkley at 3, and focus rest of draft on defense..Hopefully address line in free agency.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

My guy? I said my gut, I'd hit guy at first but corrected it immediately after... I'm not trolling for anything, merely laying it out there. And it was a jab. 

Well, when I read it it said "guy".  It wasn't a jab at your mom...doesn't even make sense.  It was a lighthearted jab at you.

32 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Jags and the Vikings both have good defenses and did not win a championship

I think all 4 teams in the conference championships were ranked in the top 10 defenses. And 3 of them were top 5.  Defense still matters most.  It was a defensive play the sealed the deal for the Eagles.  I’d like to see our D get elite. Luck has already shown he can run a top 10 O with the likes of Trent Richardson on the team...

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Literally spent all of last draft on defense..Minus 4th round..We got free agency too..

And according the NFL.com the colts ranked 30th out of 32 teams in defense last year. Despite what we did last offseason I can't remember the last time the Colts were thought of as a defensive powerhouse. 

I'm looking to get more balance on our team.

if we can get a guard & either another guard or tackle in FA, that along with Andrew coming back greatly improves our offense.  In my opinion we don't need to go offense at #3.  We should have more success with the run game as well.

A balanced D and O are the keys.  D is young in the secondary, so we require improving the rush to take pressure off of them.  I think Chubb would create more of a team impact than Barks would.  Just my opinion...

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

My bad, I overreacted. My apologies 

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

No problem. Sorry about your mom.

Glad you two got this taken care of.  I can't remember this board being so crazy in February.  Must be the McDan effect, haha.

csmopar: I also offer condolences on your mom's passing.  Peace be with you, your family, AND your mom.