Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich HC - #3 is Barkley or Chubb

ThorstenDenmark

8 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

It is also considered a strong RB class, so a team doesn't necessarily need to use a high first round pick on a RB.

I don't disagree..I'm all for a trade back and grab a RB in 2nd...There are defensive players I like better than Chubb..If we stay at 3 and it's between Chubb and Barkley I'm taking Barkley every day of the week...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

Wrong. You can't get a RB on Barkley's level anywhere. Let alone free agency. With 80 mil to spend, the Colts can shore up the D just nice. 

GoColts8818 literally said EXACTLY THAT in the post you quoted.  :loco:

Also, if HEALTHY, Henry Anderson can play...Some say he won't fit in 4-3, but I see it different..I think he has potential at defensive end...If he loses some weight he could have a Jarad Allen type effect...Not saying he is next Jarad Allen, but I think he has potential to be...He also is position versatile can play DT and DE depending on situation..

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Also, if HEALTHY, Henry Anderson can play...Some say he won't fit in 4-3, but I see it different..I think he has potential at defensive end...If he loses some weight he could have a Jarad Allen type effect...Not saying he is next Jarad Allen, but I think he has potential to be...He also is position versatile can play DT and DE depending on situation..

He is not the pass rusher Chubb is, make no mistake. He is better suited inside at DT honestly, and maybe a 1/2 down DE against the run on the strong side in the 4-3. I think Henry is a gamer, love him, but his biggest strengths will not help our pass rush like Chubb will.

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Anderson should be fine as DE on early/short yardage downs but I'd never put him at DE in a passing situation.  He should be used similarly to how Denver and Jax use Malik Jackson.  Outside on running downs but inside on passing situations.  

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Remind me which playoff games we lost like 39-40 ??

As I remember it was our Offense that struggled in many playoff games and was  mostly the blame for our many one & dones. 

And for the Umpteenth time using a pick on a RB DOESN'T KEEP YOU FROM BUILDING A GOOD DEFENSE! There are 6 other picks and FA and trade possibilities AND PROPER coaching and Schemes. 

It's not a question of a running game OR a Defense. Teams are allowed to have Both. Lol

I agree. I am not understanding why some people think if we take Barkley that we automatically cant still build a Defense with 6 more picks in the Draft.

12 minutes ago, J@son said:

Anderson should be fine as DE on early/short yardage downs but I'd never put him at DE in a passing situation.  He should be used similarly to how Denver and Jax use Malik Jackson.  Outside on running downs but inside on passing situations.  

I think he can rush the passer fine, he is a better athlete than Joey Bosa and similar size... People are gonna be surprised with the talent we have in that building now that we have actual NFL caliber coaches..

53 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think he can rush the passer fine, he is a better athlete than Joey Bosa and similar size... People are gonna be surprised with the talent we have in that building now that we have actual NFL caliber coaches..

Fine isn't going to get it done in the type of offense they seem to be wanting to switch to. :)  We need 2 explosive speed rushers on the edges.  As I said, I think Anderson's best role in passing situations would be rushing from the interior.

When you look at the combine results for Anderson and Bosa, Bosa performed better in all areas except for 20 yard shuttle.  Bosa beat Anderson everywhere else so I definitely disagree that Anderson is a better athlete than Bosa.

I do agree that the Colts will surprise a lot of people and that they have more talent than they've been given credit for.  But I don't think Anderson is going to be a very effective edge rusher in a 4-3 front.  I'd much rather him be 1-gapping from the interior on any passing downs.

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

Fine isn't going to get it done in the type of offense they seem to be wanting to switch to. :)  We need 2 explosive speed rushers on the edges.  As I said, I think Anderson's best role in passing situations would be rushing from the interior.

When you look at the combine results for Anderson and Bosa, Bosa performed better in all areas except for 20 yard shuttle.  Bosa beat Anderson everywhere else so I definitely disagree that Anderson is a better athlete than Bosa.

I do agree that the Colts will surprise a lot of people and that they have more talent than they've been given credit for.  But I don't think Anderson is going to be a very effective edge rusher in a 4-3 front.  I'd much rather him be 1-gapping from the interior on any passing downs.

He should considering he is 25 lbs lighter..Doesn't mean he is better athlete..That being said, I want another speed rusher too..Chubb isn't a speed rusher though..

14 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He should considering he is 25 lbs lighter..Doesn't mean he is better athlete..That being said, I want another speed rusher too..Chubb isn't a speed rusher though..

Anderson may be a better athlete compared to other guys his size as compared to Bosa vs. other guys Bosa's size...but Bosa vs. Anderson is easy...Bosa definitely seems to be the better athlete.

44 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You change the subject every time someone uses facts to go against your stance. You want Barkley, and that's fine. But saying that Chubb is Bjorn Werner 2.0 and Anderson is a better athlete than Bosa just looks bad on you. Not trying to be a jerk, but at least look at the stats before throwing some stuff out there.

13 minutes ago, Str8himalaya said:

You change the subject every time someone uses facts to go against your stance. You want Barkley, and that's fine. But saying that Chubb is Bjorn Werner 2.0 and Anderson is a better athlete than Bosa just looks bad on you. Not trying to be a jerk, but at least look at the stats before throwing some stuff out there.

Never said said he was bjorn 2.0 i just said Bjorn had better stats and was defensive player of year and didn't look like he would be a bust either..Anderson is a similar athlete to Bosa when you have 25 more pounds to carry you might be a little slower in speed drills at combine yea...I said Anderson could "lose" weight to play end if you look at my post..I think he can play end at 300 lbs too though just depends..

48 minutes ago, J@son said:

Anderson may be a better athlete compared to other guys his size as compared to Bosa vs. other guys Bosa's size...but Bosa vs. Anderson is easy...Bosa definitely seems to be the better athlete.

Put 25 lbs on Bosa and see if he matches Anderson..If Bosa is better athlete it's not by much..I think Anderson can surprise be and be a good defensive end all I'm saying..

9 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Never said said he was bjorn 2.0 i just said Bjorn had better stats and was defensive player of year and didn't look like he would be a bust either..Anderson is a similar athlete to Bosa when you have 25 more pounds to carry you might be a little slower in speed drills at combine yea...I said Anderson could "lose" weight to play end if you look at my post..I think he can play end at 300 lbs too though just depends..

If you weren't comparing Chubb and Bjorn then what relevance does this comment have: "You people realize Bjorn Werner had better stats coming out than Chubb right?? In 2012 he had 13 sacks, 18 TFL and was voted 2012 Defensive Player of the Year and is similar athletically to Chubb..Why is Chubb such a sure thing?"

There is a pretty big difference in the testing between Bosa and Anderson looking at it. .17 in the 40, .31 in the 3 cone is pretty significant. Even if henry did lose 25 pounds, that's still a lot. And thats saying that Henry has the same pass rushing ability as Bosa (which isn't even close honestly). Henry is a good defensive end, but he doesn't match what our biggest need is: Pass rush. He is not an elite pass rusher, doesn't even have the traits of one. Chubb DOES, and I will bet good money that he out performs Bosa at the combine on at least a few fronts. 

1 minute ago, Str8himalaya said:

If you weren't comparing Chubb and Bjorn then what relevance does this comment have: "You people realize Bjorn Werner had better stats coming out than Chubb right?? In 2012 he had 13 sacks, 18 TFL and was voted 2012 Defensive Player of the Year and is similar athletically to Chubb..Why is Chubb such a sure thing?"

There is a pretty big difference in the testing between Bosa and Anderson looking at it. .17 in the 40, .31 in the 3 cone is pretty significant. Even if henry did lose 25 pounds, that's still a lot. And thats saying that Henry has the same pass rushing ability as Bosa (which isn't even close honestly). Henry is a good defensive end, but he doesn't match what our biggest need is: Pass rush. He is not an elite pass rusher, doesn't even have the traits of one. Chubb DOES, and I will be good money that he out performs Bosa at the combine on at least a few fronts. 

Yes Chubb would be a better pass rusher than Anderson most likely..I was just saying Anderson could be good at DE in 4-3 if we go a different direction in draft..I hope we get Okoronkwo or Landry in 2nd, or sign Lawrence or Ansah in free agency...I think other guys we can get at 3 or in tradeback have better potential...If we stay at 3 and Barkley is there you have to take him..I won't back off that, Chubb is riskier and I value RB I know what a great one will mean to us...

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Put 25 lbs on Bosa and see if he matches Anderson..If Bosa is better athlete it's not by much..I think Anderson can surprise be and be a good defensive end all I'm saying..

Why do you want to go cluttering your mind with the inconsequential? (movie quote :P). Seriously though, it doesn't matter who would be better if bossa put on 25 more lbs or Anderson lost 25 lbs until one of them actually do. 

Now like I said above, if the colts truly are trying to recreate Seattle's defense then Anderson at LDE makes sense. I'd still move him inside on passing downs to get faster speed rushers on the edges. 

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Your never ending blaming every problem on the coaching is getting old. I been watching football for over 50 years. I have a pretty good eye for talent regardless of coaching. The Colts have been lacking talent for at least two maybe three years. Yes they have some good players but only one super star and that is Luck. We have had no game breakers talent wise since Wayne left. We have had some of the least talented linebackers in the league. They haven't been able to cover grandma in a wheelchair. We just now started getting a couple of DBs that may turn into something. The defensive line has improved but are still inconsistent. The O-line has had so many lineup changes it cant be counted. Gore is a great player but only a shell of what he once was.

I am not saying the coaching staff were fantastic but they were not near as bad as you make them out to be. When losing starts every single thing they did was put under a microscope and chastised unfairly because when you lose mentally you and a few more think it's all on the coaching without actually seeing why the coaches don't get results.

I do agree that it was time for a change but blaming all of it on coaching is short sighted IMO.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Your never ending blaming every problem on the coaching is getting old. I been watching football for over 50 years. I have a pretty good eye for talent regardless of coaching. The Colts have been lacking talent for at least two maybe three years. Yes they have some good players but only one super star and that is Luck. We have had no game breakers talent wise since Wayne left. We have had some of the least talented linebackers in the league. They haven't been able to cover grandma in a wheelchair. We just now started getting a couple of DBs that may turn into something. The defensive line has improved but are still inconsistent. The O-line has had so many lineup changes it cant be counted. Gore is a great player but only a shell of what he once was.

I am not saying the coaching staff were fantastic but they were not near as bad as you make them out to be. When losing starts every single thing they did was put under a microscope and chastised unfairly because when you lose mentally you and a few more think it's all on the coaching without actually seeing why the coaches don't get results.

I do agree that it was time for a change but blaming all of it on coaching is short sighted IMO.

I think you are related to Pagano...

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

IMO, Anderson is a good player, but I don't know what makes you think he is a good pass rusher.

3 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I don't disagree..I'm all for a trade back and grab a RB in 2nd...There are defensive players I like better than Chubb..If we stay at 3 and it's between Chubb and Barkley I'm taking Barkley every day of the week...

If the Colts stay at 3 and they have Chubb and Barkley rated similarly, they will take Chubb.  The only way they take Barkley is if they have him rated much higher than Chubb.

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No.  I am sorry you cant read and understand what I was saying without coming back with a wise crack. It's easier to rag without taking the time to see.

You honestly said Pagano should still be our coach...smh..I read what you said just fine..

39 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

IMO, Anderson is a good player, but I don't know what makes you think he is a good pass rusher.

If the Colts stay at 3 and they have Chubb and Barkley rated similarly, they will take Chubb.  The only way they take Barkley is if they have him rated much higher than Chubb.

Barkley should be rated higher so I'm not worried..I know my opinion on Anderson isn't popular, but I think he can do the job..Preferrably he won't have to and we get a guy in draft or free agency who is better, but he can hold it down in rotation with Simon and Basham who hopefully has gotten better as well....

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

R-E-L-A-X.....Don't take this forum too seriously...We both want the Colts to win..

Yes we do. You bring some good comments into the mix but disregard others difference of opinion and or point of view and always respond with what I mentioned. We all have different opinions but no need to throw insults.

5 hours ago, Deadpool said:

I think the colts should go Barkley with # 3.......Chubb is nice but there is another player who is probably just as good as him and that is Shaquem Griffin from UCF. their stats are almost identical, he has a high motor, doesn't stop until the whistle.....he's being overlooked and projected as a 6th rounder but I believe it is only due to the fact that he lost his left hand at the age of 4 due to a condition at birth....I also believe even if drafted in the 4th round he could be a steal.....watch this highlight reel of his. Kid is good. He even made Auburn Oline look ridiculous in the peach bowl this year. 

well, he's only missing a hand. No biggie.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes we do. You bring some good comments into the mix but disregard others difference of opinion and or point of view and always respond with what I mentioned. We all have different opinions but no need to throw insults.

I don't disregard I disagree..Big difference, and people on here have good ideas that change my opinion..Ive changed my opinion on trading back instead of taking Barkley for example..I always say I could be wrong or they might be right and its just my opinion..I take nothing personal..Now your view on Pagano I will never understand or accept..

9 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I don't disregard I disagree..Big difference, and people on here have good ideas that change my opinion..Ive changed my opinion on trading back instead of taking Barkley for example..I always say I could be wrong or they might be right and its just my opinion..I take nothing personal..Now your view on Pagano I will never understand or accept..

I understand that but does it warrant throwing insults at me?  If so I can put you on ignore. Not that I want to but I am not one who takes insults very well so I would do that if needed to avoid it.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that but does it warrant throwing insults at me?  If so I can put you on ignore. Not that I want to but I am not one who takes insults very well so I would do that if needed to avoid it.

Lol....I never "insulted", you.. Do what you got to do...I get insulted all the time on here and rarely come back at them and when I do the mods always suspend me..smh..If you feel insulted just know it's sarcasm not bad intent...

4 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

It will have to be on a Thursday. Thats the day the First Round is held. haha

I reading the back & forth concerning Pagano & I want to add my 2 cents ..

Chuck Pagano was not the worst ever Colts HC there have been many IMO over the years unfortunately his teams seemed to lack the ability to play a full 60 min game as a defensive coach his defense sucked sure he could use better players IMO it would'nt have mattered Grigson & Pagano were given 5 years the first 3 they were moving in the right direction but then it all came crumbling down , 

Grigson & Pagano are to blame for much of the abuse Andrew Luck endured on a weekly basis they did not protect the franchise even after 12 sitting all of 2017 we still do not know when & if he will play in 2018,  

I'm not interested in beating this dead horse to have allowed him to continue as HC would have been a disaster . We saw all he had to give it just was'nt good enough for the Colts to get to the next level .

The Colts learned this with Jim Mora he was not the man for the job so in comes Tony Dungy & he & Tom Moore made the next step togeather that lead to a decade of excellence this hiring of Frank Reich feels pretty much the same we saw what Andrew Luck could do his first 3 seasons we need to get back to that winning formula minus the Bruce Arians long ball of 2012 shorten up the game we all know we need a running game & protection up frt & a solid defense .

Embrace the change it will be awesome so many fresh faces ready to make there mark & us Colts fans proud , Lets focus on a bright future with a HC who's offensive mind will bring out everything Andrew Luck has between Frank Reich & new OC Sirianni I'm pumped for the future of the Colts & hope its contagious even to the doubters .

We are in a Back to the Future scenario & I for one am very excited & this off season is just torture Aug can't come soon enough .

:colts:

17 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Lol....I never "insulted", you.. Do what you got to do...I get insulted all the time on here and rarely come back at them and when I do the mods always suspend me..smh..If you feel insulted just know it's sarcasm not bad intent...

Warning are my middle name however I have never complained about any one, I'v learned alot about the rules in the last 5 years and IMO the ones that complain lack a decent comeback . 

On February 11, 2018 at 5:42 PM, Nesjan3 said:

not using the last 2 superbowls as any type of gauge....34-28, 41-33. Even two of the better defenses we have seen in awhile The Vikings and the Jags this year got eliminated in the conference championships by teams that could simply put points on the board.

There is a school of thought in football that says Screw it, we will just put up 35 points on average if we have to.

On February 11, 2018 at 5:54 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Jags and the Vikings both have good defenses and did not win a championship

Yeah, for 2 clubs favored to have their defense carry them across the finish that never came to fruition did it? 

On February 11, 2018 at 6:57 PM, jshipp23 said:

People act like we have this High-powered offense and rb would be a luxury pick..Hilton is our only real legit weapon...Mack has potential as a change of pace back..We NEED some weapons, we are to easy to shutdown on offense right now...Superstar players win games on either side of the ball..Barkley has all-pro written all over him, and will help Luck, T.Y Hilton, and offensive line by taking attention off all of them making their respective jobs much easier..His impact on this team will be huge if we are lucky enough to get him..

Normally, I frown on taking a RB that high, but I also know with Luck rehabbing he needs all the help he can get & when a team struggles to run the ball good luck beating good teams when the snow falls. 

18 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

Wrong. You can't get a RB on Barkley's level anywhere. Let alone free agency. With 80 mil to spend, the Colts can shore up the D just nice. 

Plus, what if Luck isn't healthy? Barkley would be a nice piece for a Brissett led offense. Barkley is a once in 10 yr RB. Chubb is great, but would be a mistake when we could have a once in a generation RB.

Good point. If Luck can't go, Jacoby needs all the help he can get CS. Mel Kiper's Hair is probably right. Barkley won't be at #3, but if he is, I plunge without hesitation. It's not that I'm opposed to acquiring quality pass rushers. I just agree with something JS23 said earlier, I've seen the Colts struggle to get their offense going in the playoffs in the past & what good is a turnover by a DE if your offense can't move the ball on the ground or convert 3rd downs when we desperately need to? 

27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I actually think you take insults very well. Your defense of Pagano made you a punching bag here for a long time, and you came out of it pretty well. At the very least, you take insults with a grain of salt and rarely let them change your stance, and that's admirable, whether I agree with the stance or not.