Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack at 100%

Shadow_Creek

I don't think Mack was ever at 100 percent when playing this year. Because when you look at the preseason game against the cowboys he played with a shoulder injury and also during the 49ers game his shoulder still bothered him. Now that could explain why pags never kept his end of the deal by not giving Mack the carries he deserved. That being said its going to be awesome this next year seeing Mack at full power!!:rock::rock:

11 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I remember Peyton's comment about Edge. He said, "When guys come in here, he stones em". 

No running back on the Colts has stood up LB's since his departure, the way Edge did. 

Addai and Rhodes were pretty good, were they not?

Donald Brown, on the other hand . . .

NSFW:

I don't know if Mack was 100 percent or not....    but he was healthy enough to play most games,  and he played.

As for the number of carries....    Mack was not intended to be the LEAD back for the Colts this year.

He was the #2 complimentary back.    But he has to learn the art of pass protection and he has to learn how to run better between the tackles.

Mack will be better in 18 and better again in 19....     all good things come in time....

Nobody dropped the ball when it came to holding up their end of the deal......    Nobody is promised anything in the NFL.     That's part of the reason why it's so great!

3 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Addai and Rhodes were pretty good, were they not?

Donald Brown, on the other hand . . .

NSFW:

On that play Donald wasn’t suppose to block. It was a slip screen pass to him. He would’ve had a touchdown. We’ll see the guard goes out and blocks. Also the receiver ready to block. 

20 minutes ago, a06cc said:

On that play Donald wasn’t suppose to block. It was a slip screen pass to him. He would’ve had a touchdown. We’ll see the guard goes out and blocks. Also the receiver ready to block. 

No it wasn't Reggie runs a drag Garcon and Clark look like they are running a post and a crosser the LG steps up but his man drops in coverage then he goes to try and block when Manning tucks it

10 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

No it wasn't Reggie runs a drag Garcon and Clark look like they are running a post and a crosser the LG steps up but his man drops in coverage then he goes to try and block when Manning tucks it

Donald Brown was asked about the play. That was suppose to go to him.

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I remember Peyton's comment about Edge. He said, "When guys come in here, he stones em". 

No running back on the Colts has stood up LB's since his departure, the way Edge did. 

Addai was as good as Edge when it came to blocking, maybe better.

2 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I wouldn’t say he deserved more carries nobody deserves anything it’s should be earned.

With that said he should have been given more. He has the chance to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. 

Everyone wants a playmaker at RB and doesn’t realize Mack is one. Just my .02 cents. 

Just because Mack had one carry where he forced himself into the end zone did not make him a every down RB.

Gore very rarely lost yardage where Mack did.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just because Mack had one carry where he forced himself into the end zone did not make him a every down RB.

Gore very rarely lost yardage where Mack did.

If that is all you see in Mack we won’t see eye to eye on him. You get the ball to your playmakers.

I think most coaches know that even Pagano said it about Mack after a game. But being Pagano he chose to do the apposite of what he said.

I think Pagano used the Colts 2017 season as the Frank Gore HOF campaign. 

Mack obviously doesn’t have the experience and knowledge of Gore. But he was the more explosive and dynamic RB on the team. Coaching staff should have taken advantage of his skill set. 

22 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

If that is all you see in Mack we won’t see eye to eye on him. You get the ball to your playmakers.

I think most coaches know that even Pagano said it about Mack after a game. But being Pagano he chose to do the apposite of what he said.

Mack obviously doesn’t have the experience and knowledge of Gore. But he was the more explosive and dynamic RB on the team. Coaching staff should have taken advantage of his skill set. 

I agree Mack should have gotten more touches. But I am kinda glad he didn’t. Less miles put on him in a lost year. 

55 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

How did Mack "deserve" more carries than Gore? 

i never said that at all. I'm just saying that pags said in a interview after the 9 carries for 99 yards Mack had that he was going to give him more carries but he never did. Gore is going to get his carries because hes really talented at what he does. However there was way to many games were Mack would have a earlier burst against teams like Tenn, Buffalo, Jax, Bal, only for his night to end after just a few more carries afterwards:grumpy2:

33 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

needs to be better at pass pro and running in between the tackles if he wants to be the main back here.

Watch his game vs the Jags. With actual blocking he was getting better at running between the tackles. 

I saw flashes up Mack getting better at picking up the blitz, and pass pro towards the end of the season.  He's learning.  He just requires more experience, which he'll probably (hopefully) get this year.  Kids have to learn, even if it's the hard way (less playing time, being better in practice).

8 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Needs to learn pass pro and learn how to catch better out of the backfield.

Pass protection is usually a pretty big hurdle for rookies to overcome so I expect him to be much improved after a full offseason, and I think his ability to catch is probably better than what we give him credit for. He was also improving towards the end of the season running between the tackles, so the arrow is definitely pointed up. 

12 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Needs to get better in pass pro. 

I don't know how much you can coach up pass pro.  You either have the courage to do it or not.  He hasn't shown the courage yet.  You pick up the man or not.  He's pretty weak there.  I think we'll be looking for a starting RB this off season.  He's really a change up guy.  

4 hours ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

It's not a point in what I see or don't see in Mack. Mack was not ready for a starting roll.

Gore was used for the fact he does not lose yardage. He was the starter and there was nothing done by Mack to change that.

Mack lacked to talent to block. Till he learns to block he will not be a starter.

10 hours ago, a06cc said:

Interesting.  I was mostly just looking for an excuse to watch that clip. 

Nice to know the story though.  Thought Brown might've slid his protection to the incorrect side, away from the LT's one-on-one.

41 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Interesting.  I was mostly just looking for an excuse to watch that clip. 

Nice to know the story though.  Thought Brown might've slid his protection to the incorrect side, away from the LT's one-on-one.

I can’t find it, but the interview was during his time with the Chargers

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Pass protection is usually a pretty big hurdle for rookies to overcome so I expect him to be much improved after a full offseason, and I think his ability to catch is probably better than what we give him credit for. He was also improving towards the end of the season running between the tackles, so the arrow is definitely pointed up. 

Watching almost all of the Colts games this year I never got the impression he was a poor pass catcher. Not a Dion Lewis, but not poor either. I read a couple of college scouting reports on Mack. None said receiving was a weakness. One said he improved each year in that department while at USF. A USF blogger posted videos of every touch made by Mack while with the Colts for four games. Not a single bobble when thrown to in those games. Besides, even Doyle will have a bad drop here and there and we should know by now he's not a bad receiver. I'm not ready to pass judgment on Mack from such a small sample size.

10 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

Watching almost all of the Colts games this year I never got the impression he was a poor pass catcher. Not a Dion Lewis, but not poor either. I read a couple of college scouting reports on Mack. None said receiving was a weakness. One said he improved each year in that department while at USF. A USF blogger posted videos of every touch made by Mack while with the Colts for four games. Not a single bobble when thrown to in those games. Besides, even Doyle will have a bad drop here and there and we should know by now he's not a bad receiver. I'm not ready to pass judgment on Mack from such a small sample size.

Same. Declaring receiving is a weakness for him is way premature. 3 drops to 21 catches in a rookie season with a backup QB is not enough for me to hit the panic button on his pass catching abilities, especially when he's averaging 10.7ypc.