Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Mack is going to thrive in that system.

Mack needs to work on his receiving all offseason.  From what I’ve seen so far, his hands are less than what I’d expect McDaniels is looking for...

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I knew it would be McDaniels all along.

LOL

You heard it from me first but I’m not going to brag or pull out old posts

Al Holcomb was the guy I wanted for DC. But I am open-minded about the DAL guy.

I wonder if McDaniels will even have an OC. 

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yup. He was just giving some background with that bit of info this morning, it seemed like.

And people took it and ran with it. Can't say I blame them though. Been a crazy 24 hours.

6 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Interesting 

i

So does he mean 2017? It's hard to see Ballard building a relationship in two weeks.

6 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Haven't heard much about Peetz. Heard good things about Eberflus.

Okay, I'll be the first to say it.

I hope this OC is good at his job, for Peetz sake. 

Just now, IndyScribe said:

So does he mean 2018? It's hard to see Ballard building a relationship in two weeks.

I'd assume throughout the season. Would kind of correlate with the reports that Ballard asked Brissett about McDaniels during season.

should they be talking about this before the end of the Patriots season?

Very interesting about the stuff between McDaniels and Ballard.  I didn't even know they had much of a relationship.  Either way, this is exciting.  McDaniels and a healthy Luck could be a headache for the rest of the league

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. So happy we're getting McDaniels. Going to be a completely different offense and hopefully we can have a HC that can lead us to the SB before Luck's career is over. Looking forward to the future of this team. Last thing on the list, hopefully Luck is 100%.

Just now, Nadine said:

I mean, the official NFL.com page is talking about it, so I think that means it is Kosher?

9 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

An article describing the Dallas defense leading into this season - could give us an idea of ideology/approach from Eberflus.   Lots of 4-2 and 3-3, man coverage, and limited blitzing.  Making the thought of Chubb at 3 more of a fit. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/07/sturm-breaking-defenses-need-make-splash

It would be nice if he could bring DeMarcus Lawrence with him while he's at it.

Just now, Nadine said:

I think they just can't officially announce it until next week (regardless of whether the Pats win or lose next week).  But perhaps this is one of those worst kept secrets type of things

In before Brissett's the next Jimmy G.

Ballin on fools during the preseason and having other teams lick their chops trying to get him.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Similar thing happened with Shanahan and the 49ers. Hadn't signed a contract, but everyone knew he was going to the 49ers after the SB.

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

no rules are broken if nothing is signed from I understand

Just now, RealityIsLuck said:

So I'm assuming Eberflus will run a 3-4, correct?

Even if he were to run a 4-3, it's not that big of a deal because Colts have personnel that fit.

1 minute ago, RealityIsLuck said:

I don't think so - that is not at all the primary Dallas look.   It is worked in, but not the base. 

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Makes sense...considering the Colts completed not one, but two trades with NE...after many said the teams would never trade with each other.

He probably had his eye on McDaniels for a long time. Seems like Ballard is one bad mutha who plays the long game.

9 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I knew it would be McDaniels all along.

LOL

I swear.... I'm about to have to fight you...lol

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I wonder if McDaniels will even have an OC. 

He will, but I think he'll still call the plays. A young up and commer would be ideal for that position. You want someone that's moldable and can grow into the role while McDaniels runs the show.

I'm hoping we get some experienced position coaches though. You really need veteran coaching experience somewhere in that building.

After reading the article about McDaniels failing in Denver and turning to Dungy, I had a gut feeling that he wanted to come to Indy.  Just from what I saw of his character in that article, Indy & it’s suburbs are a great place to raise a family. He’s a Midwest guy, from Ohio, I think this has been his dream job all along. I truly believe we could have had him last year if Irsay didn’t drag his feet chasing ghosts and ultimately settling on retaining Pagano. It’ll be nice to have an explosive offense again...  Let’s just hope we don’t have a Belichick Pats/Jets scenario happen...  :peek:

so, with this development, I must ask..... HAVE WE REALLY LOOKED CLOSELY ENOUGH AT CHRIS BALLARD?  lolol  sorry......  I had to.

15 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Mack is going to thrive in that system.

mack and possibility barkley 

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

so, with this development, I must ask..... HAVE WE REALLY LOOKED CLOSELY ENOUGH AT CHRIS BALLARD?  lolol  sorry......  I had to.

Nah, fire him and bring Grigson back!!!!111

2 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

After Ballard wanted to interview Richard and Wilks...I think it's almost a lock that the Colts will have a 4-3 base defense next season. And I am good with it.

There are some decent FAs available that fit that defense...which should help the transition.

Now let's hope some crazy story does not emerge out of NE, that Bill Belichick is to retire and McDaniels will replace him.