Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why is it hard for you to grasp if he hated it here in Indy he would just say so. Hey he didn't retire lmao 

Where did I say he hated it here?  I just think he's creating more speculation for the fanbase.  If he was just going to the Netherlands to work with a trainer who could only do the training and rehab in the Netherlands or if he just wanted to get away and not be a distraction, he or the Colts could have put out a statement saying just that.  

I hope he's fine but this presser didn't really give me the warm and fuzzy that he is.  

So he doesn't hate the Colts or Irsay and he expects be ready fairly soon. He's not going to Denver. He's not retiring. 

So many dumb points people literally are going to still hang on to..

I expect that 80% (these numbers from my official out of my backside poll) of fans of teams that hate the Colts are going to have less than reasonable opinions about what's going on, but the amount of people who call themselves Colts fans who have had this 180 degrees out of phase for months now.. 

I dunno if I'm surprised or not, honestly. He was never going to retire now gang. How'd you not know this? 

Now to the positive. I've reached an age in life where I don't expect I'll ever have personal investment into the players like I did when I was a kid. Luck is the only guy who does any of that for me.. He seems like a good dude.

I really, really want him to show people what's up.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Facebook is the absolute worse place to read Sports comments. Have you guys ever read some of the Posts over at ESPN since they switched to Facebook. Man those are awful!! It's like reading a bunch of immature kids talk lmao 

People who are totally 100% clueless as to what they speak.

And if you look, it's often middle age adults..

I like whomever was sitting to Andrew's left asking him questions. He asked the questions that we all wanted to know. 

He asked what was Luck doing in the Netherlands? Luck mentioned that he was doing therapy in the Netherlands and that everything that was being done was not something that would be illegal here in the United States. That reporter then asked, why didn't you do the therapy here in the United States then? lol. I think Luck had to think quick after that one. He said that his doctor and their clinic and staff were in the Netherlands and it wouldn't be possible for them to come here. I'm calling nonsense on that but it doesn't matter too much. He says he feels less pain and is more confident in his shoulder. He has yet to throw a football and will be throwing soon but no timetable. He says that he doesn't think he will need another surgery, very optimistic. I somewhat felt like Luck had rehearsed some of the tough questions to make vague answers a bit. Mostly because he probably doesn't know 100% but he also doesn't want to make it anymore of a distraction than it already is.

Also, good Lord. I hate reading the Facebook Live comments. It's enough to give someone a brain aneurysm. 

Kinda agree with the person who said this press conference just made things more confusing.

Maybe he did want to get away because of all the talk? He was SO vague about these overseas “resources” though, it makes me think something must’ve been done. But who knows.

His pain has decreased significantly and he’s feeling optimistic that he will not need anymore surgeries. So I’m gonna say it was a good message, nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Where did I say he hated it here?  I just think he's creating more speculation for the fanbase.  If he was just going to the Netherlands to work with a trainer who could only do the training and rehab in the Netherlands or if he just wanted to get away and not be a distraction, he or the Colts could have put out a statement saying just that.  

I hope he's fine but this presser didn't really give me the warm and fuzzy that he is.  

You didn't but you are implying he's lying by saying - people lie all the time why cant you grasp that. I could give a rats behind actually what Andrew says. Mainly because he could get on TV and say he's 100% and some people will still say he's lying so it doesn't matter. People can believe what they want. When he starts next September I will be here saying I told the people so that say he is done. But hey Irsay just wants to sell tickets right?

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Facebook is the absolute worse place to read Sports comments. Have you guys ever read some of the Posts over at ESPN since they switched to Facebook. Man those are awful!! It's like reading a bunch of immature kids talk lmao 

I was thinking the same thing!! lol It is beyond terrible. 75% of the commenters probably don't even follow the Colts very well to begin with.

"Things" that were only available in the netherlands... with no details. Yeah, that's going to be construed as roids or stem cell therapy by a great many.

If he didn't want to talk about that, he should have.. not talked about it. 

I really don't care to be honest, but I'll agree that he left some question there.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You didn't but you are implying he's lying by saying - people lie all the time why cant you grasp that. I could give a rats behind actually what Andrew says. Mainly because he could get on TV and say he's 100% and some people will still say he's lying so it doesn't matter. People can believe what they want. When he starts next September I will be here saying I told the people so that say he is done. But hey Irsay just wants to sell tickets right?

You brought up the word lying.  I never said he was lying.  I said he was playing loosely with the truth which is what they all do.  Andrew does it.  Chuck does.  Ballard does it.  All sports figures at that level do it.  They want to control the narrative.  I never said or implied that he was done either.  

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

"Things" that were only available in the netherlands... with no details. Yeah, that's going to be construed as roids or stem cell therapy by a great many.

I really don't care to be honest, but I'll agree that he left some question there.

That's what I'm saying.  It left more questions for me than answers at this point.  But I wasn't expecting much from this presser anyway.  

11 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I like whomever was sitting to Andrew's left asking him questions. He asked the questions that we all wanted to know. 

He asked what was Luck doing in the Netherlands? Luck mentioned that he was doing therapy in the Netherlands and that everything that was being done was not something that would be illegal here in the United States. That reporter then asked, why didn't you do the therapy here in the United States then? lol. I think Luck had to think quick after that one. He said that his doctor and their clinic and staff were in the Netherlands and it wouldn't be possible for them to come here. I'm calling nonsense on that but it doesn't matter too much. He says he feels less pain and is more confident in his shoulder. He has yet to throw a football and will be throwing soon but no timetable. He says that he doesn't think he will need another surgery, very optimistic. I somewhat felt like Luck had rehearsed some of the tough questions to make vague answers a bit. Mostly because he probably doesn't know 100% but he also doesn't want to make it anymore of a distraction than it already is.

Also, good Lord. I hate reading the Facebook Live comments. It's enough to give someone a brain aneurysm. 

It sounded like zak keefer 

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Look, he’s not going to come out and say it was for happy endings.  Let the man have some privacy!  Hahaha

6 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

You brought up the word lying.  I never said he was lying.  I said he was playing loosely with the truth which is what they all do.  Andrew does it.  Chuck does.  Ballard does it.  All sports figures at that level do it.  They want to control the narrative.  I never said or implied that he was done either.  

No biggy man. It really just boils down to whether or not you believe he will start in September or he wont. I believe he will, many don't so we will see.

The one thing that stuck out to me a bit. Andrew said, "There was a time, early December that was pretty difficult for me to see the positive in things.” He mentioned that was his all time low feeling thus far in this whole process. That was only a few weeks ago and makes me feel kinda less optimistic. I have my fingers crossed, though.

7 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

The one thing that stuck out to me a bit. Andrew said, "There was a time, early December that was pretty difficult for me to see the positive in things.” He mentioned that was his all time low feeling thus far in this whole process. That was only a few weeks ago and makes me feel kinda less optimistic. I have my fingers crossed, though.

He will be fine. I think if he wanted out of Indy or was thinking about retiring he would know by now.

42 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Yeah I'm calling bullcrap on those answers.  

My doc is in the Neatherlands. . . why did you pick a doc 3000 miles away?

Is there a reason that he can't say that he got treatment in Europe that isn't available here.  My understanding is a lot of other athletes have done the same thing.  Are the US Marshals going to bust down the door and take him into custody if he says that?

20 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Why does that make you feel less optimistic? It was tough for him to not being play football. 

Literally nothing he says will make people happy or believe him. He told you why, he felt pain. It brought back feelings that he had before he needed surgery and get got scared. JMV was right, it was a mental thing. He needed to trust his shoulder again and he said he does now. 

He he will be fine. 

1 minute ago, MightyLucks said:

Why does that make you feel less optimistic? It was tough for him to not being play football. 

Literally nothing he says will make people happy or believe him. He told you why, he felt pain. It brought back feelings that he had before he needed surgery and get got scared. JMV was right, it was a mental thing. He needed to trust his shoulder again and he said he does now. 

He he will be fine. 

It made me feel less optimistic because he was referring to his progress from therapy. If only 3 weeks ago that he was at his "all time low" then that worries me a bit. He had surgery almost 1 full year ago.

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

It made me feel less optimistic because he was referring to his progress from therapy. If only 3 weeks ago that he was at his "all time low" then that worries me a bit. He had surgery almost 1 full year ago.

It wasn’t surgery related. It was mentally his all time low.