Ballard to be on JMV today

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Ballard: Andrew needs rest. There is no reason to believe he won't play next year. And that's all I have to say about that. 

I will expect Ballard will say pretty much as what you just said.

I hope he can put all this horse dung we have heard over the last couple of weeks to rest at least till the next pile starts. :dunno:---:D

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I will expect Ballard will say pretty much as what you just said.

I hope he can put all this horse dung we have heard over the last couple of weeks to rest at least till the next pile starts. :dunno:---:D

What would we do without the horse dung? 

I am surprised it has taken this long for someone to go on radio be it 1260 or 1070 and get their message out.  They have been horrible in controlling the narrative with Luck and his injury.  It does not help that your owner is telling people that it is in Luck's head and was out from the beginning saying oh he will be week 1.

You have to imagine the Colts have some PR experts in the building.  

16 minutes ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

I am surprised it has taken this long for someone to go on radio be it 1260 or 1070 and get their message out.  They have been horrible in controlling the narrative with Luck and his injury.  It does not help that your owner is telling people that it is in Luck's head and was out from the beginning saying oh he will be week 1.

You have to imagine the Colts have some PR experts in the building.  

I wouldnt bet a nickel that the Colts have a PR expert in the building.    Professional sports team owners have HUGE egos and they don't like being told what to say and do.

It typically requires a huge disaster before they'd consider bringing in a PR expert.    And often by then it's too late...

I don't think the Colts problems with Luck are at the crisis level.    At least, not yet.

But if suddenly Irsay, Ballard or Luck are talking trade,   THEN it may be time for a PR expert.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldnt bet a nickel that the Colts have a PR expert in the building.    Professional sports team owners have HUGE egos and they don't like being told what to say and do.

It typically requires a huge disaster before they'd consider bringing in a PR expert.    And often by then it's too late...

I don't think the Colts problems with Luck are at the crisis level.    At least, not yet.

But if suddenly Irsay, Ballard or Luck are talking trade,   THEN it may be time for a PR expert.

They do in fact have a public relations department.   Like most,  if not all,  large companies

Public Relations

Steve Campbell, Vice President of Communications
Avis Roper, Senior Director of Communications
Matt Conti, Assistant Director of Communications
Christian Edwards, Public Relations Assistant
Pamela Humphrey, Public Relations Coordinato

Every team has a PR department and above is the Indianapolis Colts.  Maybe they are not considered "experts" but I bet they know what they are doing.  Irsay can bend the rules as he signs their paychecks.

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They do in fact have a public relations department.   Like most,  if not all,  large companies

Yes...   they do have a PR department.   But they handle the normal day to day stuff.    

What they dont don't have is a crisis management expert and that's what I thought the poster was referring to.

if I misunderstood,  my bad.

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes...   they do have a PR department.   But they handle the normal day to day stuff.    

What they dont don't have is a crisis management expert and that's what I thought the poster was referring to.

You squeezed out of that one my friend. Probably better if you just called 'fair cop' though.....

44 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Maybe they are not considered "experts" but I bet they know what they are doing.  

I’m starting to doubt that they do a very good job. Too many times the media can run with damaging rumors stories for days without any damage control. The PR department doesn’t take control ASAP, but whatever. If Irsay is happy with it .... I would prefer to handle things differently. But that is just me. You can be surprisingly open and get in control at the same time. It goes hand in hand, if done properly. But I digress now... :lecture:

5 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I’m starting to doubt that they do a very good job. Too many times the media can run with damaging rumors stories for days without any damage control. The PR department doesn’t take control ASAP, but whatever. If Irsay is happy with it .... I would prefer to handle things differently. But that is just me. You can be surprisingly open and get in control at the same time. It goes hand in hand, if done properly. But I digress now... :lecture:

I will say this, they did not handle this situation well.  That is obvious!  That being said, Irsay does not employ them to worry about and respond to every stupid thought or article, are we calling some of these "articles" from some of these people?  Joking!

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm inclined to think he may go into a little more detail, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I bet he says he addressed this all in his press conference a week and a half ago. It's not a career threatening injury is what he will say

6 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I bet he says he addressed this all in his press conference a week and a half ago. It's not a career threatening injury is what he will say

I decided to tune in to listen in real time today, and from the sound of it JMV has a firehose of questions ready for Chris Ballard.

I'm going to wager that it'll be 95% about the team on the field right now, a few thoughts about the news out of Texas lately and some BBQ talk/kids family/how do you like Indy and he'll get one "what about the Luck drama" question in that will be answered in a very careful way, restating what's already been said.

I'd be shocked if it's a bunch of "why are you all so stupid" type questions.

21 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

You squeezed out of that one my friend. Probably better if you just called 'fair cop' though.....

I have no idea what your post means.....     none.

The poster I was originally responding to made reference to a "PR expert"....       I don't think most teams have anyone that is an "expert".       They have people that are good at their jobs.      They deal with the fans and the community.

There are two departments....    PR,  for fans and community,  and Media Relations for media and fans.    Some teams have two departments.     Some have one.

But I was interpreting the posters comment about having a PR "expert" to mean crisis management.    And no team has them on their staff.     Way too expensive because they're not needed on a day to day basis,  they're needed only when a rare event happens the poop hits the fan and a team is in major damage control.   

Again,  like I said to JVan,  if I misinterpreted the posters comment,  then it's my bad.    My mistake.

Not sure I can take more ownership than that.......

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm going to wager that it'll be 95% about the team on the field right now, a few thoughts about the news out of Texas lately and some BBQ talk/kids family/how do you like Indy and he'll get one "what about the Luck drama" question in that will be answered in a very careful way, restating what's already been said.

well, its gonna be a good chance to see if JMV puts his money where his mouth is. 

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The poster I was originally responding to made reference to a "PR expert"....       I don't think most teams have anyone that is an "expert".       They have people that are good at their jobs.      They deal with the fans and the community.

There are two departments....    PR,  for fans and community,  and Media Relations for media and fans.    Some teams have two departments.     Some have one.

But I was interpreting the posters comment about having a PR "expert" to mean crisis management.    And no team has them on their staff.     Way too expensive because they're not needed on a day to day basis,  they're needed only when a rare event happens the poop hits the fan and a team is in major damage control.   

Again,  like I said to JVan,  if I misinterpreted the posters comment,  then it's my bad.    My mistake.

Ok, fair enough. I was kidding, mind you....

Hopefully Ballard shuts some stuff down right off the bat about Andrew Luck. I would hate for him to have some "beat around the bush" type responses. He needs to answer everything very clear cut or we're going to get hearing the nonsense until the day before the 2018 season.

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

All I think he was saying was that was some nice back tracking. To be fair I believe you in that you were thinking bringing in crisis management pr team. Of course the team has a PR department....somebody has to get news out. Granted I would consider them all "EXPERTS" as I'm sure they are very very qualified individuals and highly educated. I believe he was have a chuckle at how slippery you were in turning that around. lol  I think it was a tip of the hat....very Clintonisque in how you turned around the meaning there...kind like it depends on the definition of is is lol. And I mean this in all good fun!

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe they need a Crisis Management Department?

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I imagine the same department handled the Irsay DUI incident and all the publicity that surrounded that then they can handle some questions around a player injury.

Handling the DUI case was "Mission: Impossible".

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Especially if they are the ones who came up with #ColtsForged

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All I think he was saying was that was some nice back tracking. To be fair I believe you in that you were thinking bringing in crisis management pr team. Of course the team has a PR department....somebody has to get news out. Granted I would consider them all "EXPERTS" as I'm sure they are very very qualified individuals and highly educated. I believe he was have a chuckle at how slippery you were in turning that around. lol  I think it was a tip of the hat....very Clintonisque in how you turned around the meaning there...kind like it depends on the definition of is is lol. And I mean this in all good fun!

To be clear, among the people I was gently knocking about not being an "expert "....   was me!

I'm a media professional...  spent 30 years in the business and still follow it closely every day.

But if there's a huge media story no one--and I mean NO ONE -- is going to interview me and refer to me as an "expert"...

I didn't achieve enough to be called an expert.    I have a good working knowledge and understanding of media... but expert?    I don't think so...   

Just my two cents and often not worth that much!    

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Ballard:  "Look, its not about one person.... Andrew will be fine..... its going to take some time... not one of the doctors I talked to told me this was a career threatening injury...."  Blah Blah Blah