Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Working Out Multiple QB's Per Report

Restored

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread, but I think it's a possibility.  Perhaps Ballard isn't thrilled with how Brissett is playing and wants some competition at the position.  Ditch Tolzien and give Brissett some competition.

Probably another distraction to keep our attention off the product on the field. Besides with the beating Brissett has taken, those are some brave souls to want to play QB here. By the way, can we work out a few OL while we are at it... maybe a G who knows how to block a stunt or won't get run over every play

3 hours ago, J@son said:

I never saw anything remotely impressive about McGloin when he was at Penn State nor the Raiders.  Granted I certainly haven't seen every game he's played, but in what I did see I was not impressed.

Do you expect to be impressed by any unsigned qb available in the middle of the season....nobody is going to be impressive...if we have to go to another qb than I will be surprised we win another game this year.

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Interesting.  He hasn't even had "half a career."

The average NFL career is 3 years AND you are vested to earn a pension after 3 years (seasons) as well.  I'd say he's had a full (yet abbreviated) career.

5 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Why not? Season is over. If you try to get a low draft pick let Tolzien play and hopefully lose the rest of the games...

I would rather not break the record books for the worst offense and defense in history. 

I would much rather the 2017 Colts fly under the radar when the worst teams ever are discussed. 

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I would rather not break the record books for the worst offense and defense in history. 

I would much rather the 2017 Colts fly under the radar when the worst teams ever are discussed. 

At this point that is all ego.  Who cares or remembers those teams anyways.  If it makes the team better long term I say go for it.  But I would caution getting rid of Brissett unless it is a deal too good to be true.  With Andrew out and Jacoby taking Andrew-esque beatings I think we need not cancel our insurance policy just yet to cash in.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do you expect to be impressed by any unsigned qb available in the middle of the season....nobody is going to be impressive...if we have to go to another qb than I will be surprised we win another game this year.

My point was, that of the names mentioned, I saw the most potential in Barkley so I'd take him above the other 3.  Impressed is a relative term...I certainly wouldn't have expected to have been as impressed with any of these guys as I was with someone like Peyton or Brady. :)

2 minutes ago, tikyle said:

At this point that is all ego.  Who cares or remembers those teams anyways.  If it makes the team better long term I say go for it.  But I would caution getting rid of Brissett unless it is a deal too good to be true.  With Andrew out and Jacoby taking Andrew-esque beatings I think we need not cancel our insurance policy just yet to cash in.

Nah. I believe at this point we have to fight for pride. 

Peyton Manning is not really joking when he talks about someone breaking his rookie interception record. These things stick with players. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

What a joke! Those names being mentioned have no business have no business in the NFL. None of them have had half the career Kaep has had

When  considering a player for your team, you have to look at more than just raw physical talent or athleticism.  You have to look at how well they'd fit into your scheme.  Kaep is the kind of guy you have to really simplify your offense for and cater to.  I haven't seen anything from him that would suggest he could succeed as a pure pocket passer.  I'd rather give Barkley the chance than Kaep.

Just now, J@son said:

When  considering a player for your team, you have to look at more than just raw physical talent or athleticism.  You have to look at how well they'd fit into your scheme.  Kaep is the kind of guy you have to really simplify your offense for and cater to.  I haven't seen anything from him that would suggest he could succeed as a pure pocket passer.  I'd rather give Barkley the chance than Kaep.

Our O-Line can’t protect a pocket passer. Time to ditch that 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Nah. I believe at this point we have to fight for pride. 

Peyton Manning is not really joking when he talks about someone breaking his rookie interception record. These things stick with players. 

It's fine to fight for pride.  But I'd rather have a historically bad offense or defense, than not get value for a player or players that aren't a huge part of my future.  Plus there is a chance one or two teams go 0-16.  People will remember them much more than how many yards we give up this season.

5 minutes ago, tikyle said:

It's fine to fight for pride.  But I'd rather have a historically bad offense or defense, than not get value for a player or players that aren't a huge part of my future.  Plus there is a chance one or two teams go 0-16.  People will remember them much more than how many yards we give up this season.

I would rather not be known as the team that gave up 8,000 yards in one season. 

For the record, we are already on pace for giving up over 6,500 yards, and we haven't even played the tough half of the schedule yet. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

For the record, we are already on pace for giving up over 6,500 yards, and we haven't even played the tough half of the schedule yet. 

I don't see how we are going to stop that?  I mean in all reality having a bad offense will cause a short field and maybe we give up less yards that way.  Outside of actually being able to run the ball (and bleed some clock), I don't see how we rectify that situation.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

The darkness is calling...:D

18 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Our O-Line can’t protect a pocket passer. Time to ditch that 

Couple of things...It can if Chud would modify his playcalling.  he's done it before.  Why he doesn't do it more consistently is beyond me.  Also, the protection hasn't been nearly as bad as many are making it out to be.  There have been several times that Brissett had plenty of time but held onto the ball too long.  I'd be interested to see the numbers if someone were to go through and count how many times Brissett was sacked when he had at least 2.5 seconds of protection to throw vs. how many he was sacked in under that time.

But for Kaep he'd have to pretty much install an all new offensive scheme around Kaep's abilities.

Just now, BlueShoe said:

I was told not to walk towards the light. Bad things could happen. :) 

It's a total cluster.... season honestly.

Sucks when we wait all year for football.

I'd settle for an 8-8 season..lol

13 minutes ago, tikyle said:

I don't see how we are going to stop that?  I mean in all reality having a bad offense will cause a short field and maybe we give up less yards that way.  Outside of actually being able to run the ball (and bleed some clock), I don't see how we rectify that situation.

Yeah. You kind of answered the question with your response.

The more we go the three and out, the more we punt, creating more yards for the opposing team to rack up on us. 

Just now, IinD said:

It's a total cluster.... season honestly.

Sucks when we wait all year for football.

I'd settle for an 8-8 season..lol

Yeah.

I am hoping we have a great off-season with new beginnings, and Luck comes back next year 100% healed up. 

We should have fun with good draft picks, and money to spend in free agency. 

In the end, this will be a terrible regular season, but our off-season should be fun. :) 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I might take a flyer on Barkley. I always thought he had the potential to play in the NFL. However, one could also think if he had the ability then someone would have found it already.

I dont know man, he had one good game for the Bears and became a turnover machine after that.