Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: At least two teams showing interest in trading for Gore

MikChiken

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Mike Chappell @mchappell51

Colts Chris Ballard also insisted it would take "a lot'' to convince him to trade someone before Tues deadline. "A lot'' is a relative term

Have to get as much as you can. Seeing how we lost Sunday and Luck had a setback, I'd say Ballard will trade Davis and Gore to the highest bidders.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Have to get as much as you can. Seeing how we lost Sunday and Luck had a setback, I'd say Ballard will trade Davis and Gore to the highest bidder.

If his words are true then I don't see how we get "a lot" for either one of them. If he can get rid of Davis for something decent I'm down for it though.   Not sure what we could get for Gore.  It wouldn't be much that could help us I don't think.  We probably could get something decent for Moncrief maybe.  But Crief I still see some use for Crief.   Maybe not as a #2 at this point, but I think he'd be a really good #3 who you can use as a #2 when needed.  Crief is still really young.

Just now, krunk said:

If his words are true then I don't see how we get "a lot" for either one of them.

If he can get rid of Davis for something decent I'm down for it though.   Not sure

what we could get for Gore.  It wouldn't be much that could help us I don't think.

I don't think we get a lot for either one tbh. A 5th for Vontae and a 6th for Gore sounds right. Still, picks are picks though, and we could hit decently on them.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Have to get as much as you can. Seeing how we lost Sunday and Luck had a setback, I'd say Ballard will trade Davis and Gore to the highest bidders.

I hope you're right.  The "it would take a lot" should really only apply  to Hilton. 

I think the "a lot" means we'd have to get a pretty decent offer for whatever the player. But at this time of year nobody is really looking to give up a whole lot.     There's usually not much action.   There will probably be some decent offers for TY, but I honestly don't think there's much to the rumor.   Ballard if there's any truth to it is probably just gauging just how much he could get.  Sort of like what happened with the Seahawks and Richard Sherman.   I don't think he's real gung ho to get rid of TY.   Plus this is coming right on the heels of TY comments about the OL.   Ballard probably put that out there to send a message to him.    But I doubt TY gets moved anywhere.   The only guys I can see getting moved is maybe Vontae or Crief.

I'd move Gore and Vontae. Not eagerly, but if we got anything more a late 6th rounder for either of them, it would be a win. Scratch the rest of their 2017 salary off the books, get some picks for guys that won't be on the roster next year (most likely), and because I expect us to be active in free agency, we'll have comp picks that we otherwise wouldn't have earned, and we'll get them a year earlier.

It also pushes two 2017 draft picks into the starting lineup, which should be the focus of the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'd move Gore and Vontae. Not eagerly, but if we got anything more a late 6th rounder for either of them, it would be a win. Scratch the rest of their 2017 salary off the books, get some picks for guys that won't be on the roster next year (most likely), and because I expect us to be active in free agency, we'll have comp picks that we otherwise wouldn't have earned, and we'll get them a year earlier.

It also pushes two 2017 draft picks into the starting lineup, which should be the focus of the rest of the season.

How much rollover cap would that add next season?

24 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The colts aren't trading gore. Not with turbin on IR.

I don't see why they wouldn't this wasn't one of Ballard's players, he's aging and if they aren't going to trade him they will cut him if he doesn't retire first. 

Might as well get something out of him if a team is interested.

48 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm sure like 99.9999 % sure that Ballard will do the above. It's not even debatable. 6th round for Gore would be a very big win. I'm thinking probably a condition 6th that probably looks more like a 7th. Davis has been just so pedestrian.. your right on with a 6th there. 

Gore doesn't deserve all of this. If he got moved it wouldn't break my heart.

I think Davis is a different deal. I'm not sure he commands top dollar next year and if he plays ok-ish down the stretch, you've got to weigh to odds of replacing him with someone who's actually an upgrade.

Talent is a commodity and this team has more question marks than guys you can count on- I'm not sure they should be selling some of these guys.

Man Gore deserves a ring. It sucks that he came to Indy to win one, and he couldn't even get into the playoffs.

His team is bad. Real bad. But he's still talking about how he's a colt and how his focus is on this team right now. Just a true pro. Wish we could have done more for him.

Oh well. If he's no longer a Colt by tomorrow, I'll definitely root for whatever he team he goes to (unless it's New England).

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't think we get a lot for either one tbh. A 5th for Vontae and a 6th for Gore sounds right. Still, picks are picks though, and we could hit decently on them.

Unless you make them a package deal. Davis and Gore to the Cowboys for a 3rd. Works well considering Elliot might get suspended.

Everyone saying gore should go somewhere he can get a ring and go out on top I'm not sure if you know but gore has stated he will play next season 100% even if it is not in Indy so he wouldn't go out on top this season he still has a a lil more left in the tank nevertheless we would lose our biggest leader and Macks role model but he deserves a ring to decorate his HoF career

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Gore doesn't deserve all of this. If he got moved it wouldn't break my heart.

I think Davis is a different deal. I'm not sure he commands top dollar next year and if he plays ok-ish down the stretch, you've got to weigh to odds of replacing him with someone who's actually an upgrade.

Talent is a commodity and this team has more question marks than guys you can count on- I'm not sure they should be selling some of these guys.

I think Davis may ask for more than what they are willing to pay next year.  Ballard may not want to pay close to top dollar for a corner like a lot of bad teams typically do.  Best to try to unload him now before his contract is up to see what we can get for him.  

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want a 2nd and a 3rd for Frank if that happens regarding Philly.

That would be great but I don't see any team giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for him. Not at his age. As much as I like Frank saying he needs to be traded to a team that is a contender makes no difference when it comes to a trade that would benefit the Colts. He is a good dude but this is a business after all.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know but I hope we get something, I would be ecstatic if we got just a 3. Frank could put Philly over the top so a 3 isn't impossible.

If Philly is interested in Frank it has me scratching my head. Don't they have Blount on their roster?  He is 4 years younger than Frank too.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Philly is interested in Frank it has me scratching my head. Don't they have Blount on their roster?  He is 4 years younger than Frank too.

Yeah but it would be only for 1 year and could be the difference in them getting to a SB. He and the other backs would split the carries of course. After this year Frank isn't under contract, yeah they would lose a 3rd round pick if that is the proposed trade but it could win them a SB.