Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: At least two teams showing interest in trading for Gore

MikChiken

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Philly is interested in Frank it has me scratching my head. Don't they have Blount on their roster?  He is 4 years younger than Frank too.

Philly wants a pass blocking rb, and Gore fits the bill. Their LT Peters recently got injured for the year, so this is kind of a way to make up for it in their eyes.

13 hours ago, krunk said:

Mike Chappell @mchappell51

Colts Chris Ballard also insisted it would take "a lot'' to convince him to trade someone before Tues deadline. "A lot'' is a relative term

Yeah, he should be smart enough to know he is not getting a pick in the top 3 rounds for an aging RB or a CB that is on the downward slope. 6th for Gore and 4th for Vontae is the best he can get at this point.

On Tuesday’s trade deadline, and if the Colts could make any moves:
“Look, every year there’s rumors, and that’s what it ends up being most of the time, is just pure rumors. You know, we’re not going to say ‘No’ to about anything, and we’ll listen, but that doesn’t mean we’ll make a move. We’ll see here in the next couple of days, you know — tomorrow’s the deadline at 4 p.m.; we’ll see how it plays out for us. But somebody would really have to do something to pry one of our players away right now.”
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chris-Ballard-On-Colts-First-Half-Trade-Deadline-Approach-Andrew-Luck-Recovery/a2a1b5b1-8f63-46d8-aea5-86ab9456740e

Conor Orr @ConorOrr

Thought @ZBerm was on to something with Gore to the Eagles. Certainly was on the right track. PHI adds a solid pass blocker/great runner

Did we just get rid of Gore?  Ran across this reading bleacher report.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Conor Orr @ConorOrr

Thought @ZBerm was on to something with Gore to the Eagles. Certainly was on the right track. PHI adds a solid pass blocker/great runner

Did we just get rid of Gore?  Ran across this reading bleacher report.

No, they picked up Ajayi

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

He went for a 4th round pick. Could Ballard have been asking too much for Gore?

Its entirely possible, but we will probably never know for sure. Could have just been that the Eagles made multiple calls and liked Ajayi better. Makes more sense to trade for the young guy when given the choice. 

2 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Its entirely possible, but we will probably never know for sure. Could have just been that the Eagles made multiple calls and liked Ajayi better. Makes more sense to trade for the young guy when given the choice. 

Now the market is set. Ballard may not have much of a choice if he is not in the driver's seat with Gore, IMO.

9 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I have a hard time determining who else would even have made the call to inquire about him (assuming the report about 2 or more teams is legit). 

My best guess was the Eagles called about him but just got Jay Ajayi from the Dolphins.

16 hours ago, Superman said:

I'd move Gore and Vontae. Not eagerly, but if we got anything more a late 6th rounder for either of them, it would be a win. Scratch the rest of their 2017 salary off the books, get some picks for guys that won't be on the roster next year (most likely), and because I expect us to be active in free agency, we'll have comp picks that we otherwise wouldn't have earned, and we'll get them a year earlier.

It also pushes two 2017 draft picks into the starting lineup, which should be the focus of the rest of the season.

I would too, their contracts are about up and Gore certainly doesn't have much of a future with this team and I'm not sure Davis does either.  

Everyone here is acting like we will get draft picks in a trade.  All three of the possible targets are in the last year of their contracts.  Could be the other team is trying to trade long term players for a half year contract in order to clear salary cap space at the end of the season.  Think of it like the NBA.  That might be why Ballard is not interested in the trade offers.

50 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Didn't Ajayi have a pretty significant knee issue? Could be the reason to move Ajayi so quickly before something happens. Solid player so far, though.

Yes, that's why he fell in the draft. There are some significant long-term concers.

Gore to Philly actually made good football sense as a complement to Blount. Gore is a far superior pass protector for their franchise QB and could hit the holes early in the game to soften up the defense for Blount's hammer late. Unfortunately that will not happen since the Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi today.

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I would too, their contracts are about up and Gore certainly doesn't have much of a future with this team and I'm not sure Davis does either.  

To be honest, I might even be open to paying the salaries if it gets me draft picks. The Colts will have an abundance of cap space next year, an extra $6m or so isn't really changing our plans. 

If someone offered a conditional 4th for Vontae and asked the Colts to cover his remaining salary, I think that would be a good deal for the Colts.