Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

R-E-L-A-X Everyone

ColtsArmy84

1 hour ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Heres my take on all of this.

I still think we are going to win the AFC South this season. The other 3 teams in our division are not going to pull away from us. Jacksonville beat a demoralized Houston team. They arent going anywhere. Houston has question marks at QB and the Titans HAVE NOT beaten the Colts in the AL12 era. We dont even play a division opponent until Luck is back. So as long as the other teams in the south continue to suffer, well still have a great chance once 12 returns.

Lets also remember that Tolzien wont be in much longer. Jacoby Brissett might even start this week which will make us more competitive IMO. We cant play any worse then we did last week so I def expect us to be better in Week 2.

So unless an AFC South starts pulling away in the division, well be right there in the mix with AL12 back healthy and 6 games to play against the South teams.

We were number 1 last week on defence against the run. We will fix the pass def. We have no where to go but up.

Stand up and GO COLTS GO!!!!!

what makes you think that we can win the division when last years worst offense in the NFL just put up 46 points on our defense? 

You want to use years past as a reason for us winning the division? 

The colts have barely made .500 the last 2 years. Will they do it again just because they were able to the last 2 years? 

Last year the colts finished 3rd in the AFC south. 

Now tell me please what what makes you think we will win this division? 

The colts are bad not because we can't win games, but because we can win games and continuously put ourselves in a position to lose, game in, game out, any given Sunday. 

The Pagano era is coming to a close. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, J@son said:

I do think the play on the field will improve.  On defense, the entire starting 11 defense is new this year from the same time last year.  At their current positions anyway.  They will play better and better each week as they gel as a unit and get comfortable that their teammates will hold their respective responsibilities (assuming they actually hold their respective responsibilities). 

Hooker missed a lot of training camp and preseason.  I'm not surprised at all to see him on somewhat of a pitch count.  Wilson on the other hand, unless there is an undisclosed injury involved, I have no idea. 

I would expect the OL to improve as the season goes along, much like it did last year.  Philbin did something right last year but for some reason, over the offseason a couple of guys regressed and a couple other guys got hurt.  Kelly should be back soon (hopefully) and that alone will help tremendously. 

But, even if all of the above comes true and the colts do win several games, maybe even the division, I can't imagine that they'd keep a coach who doesn't know when to challenge a potential TD.  If it were his rookie year as HC I could maybe, MAYBE give him a pass on that.  But he's not, he's been here 6 years and I've defended him more than most.  there's no defending that decision though and for me it was the straw the broke the camel's back. 

I agree Jason and the offense needs to help the defense out a little.  Convert some 3rd downs, eat some clock and not turn the ball over.  The defense was put into a lot of difficult situations Sunday in my opinion.  They can be better but it's not 100% their fault. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

the lottery has reached multiple BILLIONS?!

Powerball is $115 million. Everyone can win that and invest it into a fund to buy the Colts. We'll do what Jeter did with the Marlins. He only needed $25 million of his own money, so $115 million should be plenty as one of the leading investors.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Powerball is $115 million. Everyone can win that and invest it into a fund to buy the Colts. We'll do what Jeter did with the Marlins. He only needed $25 million of his own money, so $115 million should be plenty as one of the leading investors.

State-wide ownership! I'll even chip in some $$$ for a stake! 

42 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

The one thing I do agree is that you can never go too far with "hot takes" in week 1.  

Would normally agree.

In this case, the problems last Sunday are the same problems that have plagued this team Pagano's entire tenure here.

Bad defense.  Bad offensive line.  No run game.  Slow starts.  No situational awareness.  Poor coaching decisions that at times appear to be actively attempting to sabotage the game.  I could go on but it would just be literally beating a dead horse.  

I have zero reason to expect things to be any different as long as Pagano is running the show.  At some point you have to accept that what you see for six years is what you should continue to expect moving forward.  None of what we saw Sunday was anything we haven't seen before, it just all came together for a perfect storm of suck.

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

You can't even make enough to by an NFL team by hitting the highest Powerball ever (after taxes and cash-out)

Maybe not, but you don't have to be the sole owner. You just have to have a high stake in it. Remember, Jeter only invested $25 million into the Marlins, and they are worth over a Billion. I could probably win a powerball jackpot worth half a Billion and have most of the control as owner with the Colts.

1 hour ago, Jaric said:

My assumption is they rush him back out to avoid the fans losing interest and the multiple internal organ injuries he'll sustain as a result end a promising career in horrific fashion.

Hopefully, he recovers enough to live a productive life outside of football.

The mid 90's Colts teams shortened Harbaugh's career by more than a few years. The late 2000 teens Colt's teams will do the same to Luck's. Extremely unfortunate

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Maybe not, but you don't have to be the sole owner. You just have to have a high stake in it. Remember, Jeter only invested $25 million into the Marlins, and they are worth over a Billion. I could probably win a powerball jackpot worth half a Billion and have most of the control as owner with the Colts.

Not if irsay doesn't sell.    It's not a publicly traded stock

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

i wonder how much Jeter's stake is worth now?  Might be scary.

46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Packers are owned by their fans, we should just all chip in to buy the team.  

sure its only one game, and we are far from out of it from that perspective

i think a lot of the freaking out is because people want chuck gone, and they think we wont  compete if hes around

i know we had 3 11-5 seasons, but that was a different team that had reggie and mathis still playing well, plus the division was weaker than it is now.  just having luck made us better than the jags, titans and texans for those first few years 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree Jason and the offense needs to help the defense out a little whole hell of a lot.  Convert some 3rd downs, eat some clock and not turn the ball over.  The defense was put into a lot of difficult situations Sunday in my opinion.  They can be better but it's not 100% their fault. 

Just had one correction to make. lol  You're absolutely right, the offense has got to get something together because they screwed the defense over time and time again.  The defense can be better and I expect that it will get better from week to week, but no improvement will help them overcome multiple 3-and-outs, quick turnovers etc etc.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

So you KNOW this is a six win team? Can you tell us the Powerball numbers so can all get rich? 

that's a generality & if yu dnt understand this team is bad idk what to tell yu. Scheme is bad, coaches can't adapt & the "leader" of the team is clueless. All these ifs are petty & show a lack of intelligence.

Another blowout en the Pagano era what's new. 

13 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

that's a generality & if yu dnt understand this team is bad idk what to tell yu. Scheme is bad, coaches can't adapt & the "leader" of the team is clueless. All these ifs are petty & show a lack of intelligence.

Another blowout en the Pagano era what's new. 

Truth be told, I don't think they even looked like a 6 win team without Luck.  They looked like the 2008 Lions.

27 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Image result for lmao gif

its funny though because Jacksonville is the only team that won, and none of the 4 looked particularly good

if the jags and texans didnt play each other there's a good chance the whole division would have lost 

2 hours ago, Jaric said:

Would normally agree.

In this case, the problems last Sunday are the same problems that have plagued this team Pagano's entire tenure here. 

Agreed. But the question is, are they fixable ?

Bad defense.  FIXABLE

Bad offensive line. FIXABLE

No run game.  FIXABLE

Slow starts.  FIXABLE

No situational awareness. FIXABLE 

Poor coaching decisions that at times appear to be actively attempting to sabotage the game. Poor coaching decisions are FIXABLE.

I can't agree with your perspective on their (possible) motives.

I could go on but it would just be literally beating a dead horse.  AGREED 

I have zero reason to expect things to be any different as long as Pagano is running the show.  At some point you have to accept that what you see for six years is what you should continue to expect moving forward.  

But it this year is different :   I think the emphasis on working together between the front office, coaching staff and ownership will help to make sure what we all saw yesterday was an anomaly and not what we will see for the whole season.  

None of what we saw Sunday was anything we haven't seen before, it just all came together for a perfect storm of suck.  

Agreed but... FIXABLE! 

Ballard told us from day one it was going to take time. To some that means two or three years, to some it is measured in games this year.  We have seen both scenarios play out in the NFL. 

I know to most, having optimism at this point is foolish. After all, Sunday was painful to watch and embarrassing as a Colts fan. It was without a doubt, one of the worst games I can ever remember. 

But I just believe that everyone in that organization knows change is needed. The question is; do you change by starting over or utilizing the people you brought in or kept, to work together to get this thing headed in the right direction. That's Jim Irsay's and Ballard's call. And I have the suspicion they want to win as much as the coaches, players and fans do.

It's a long season on the are 0-1. 

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

what makes you think that we can win the division when last years worst offense in the NFL just put up 46 points on our defense?

maybe try watching the games instead of looking at the box score because no, they didn't.

1oohg3.jpg

14 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Agreed. But the question is, are they fixable ?

They've had 5 years to fix these issues and made no progress and not for lack of trying.  At this point we have to accept as long as Chuck Pagano is head coach this is what the team will look like.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me for 6 years...

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

its funny though because Jacksonville is the only team that won, and none of the 4 looked particularly good

if the jags and texans didnt play each other there's a good chance the whole division would have lost 

Why did the jags not look good their rookie back played good and they were playing last year's #1 D and their own D played awesome 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why did the jags not look good their rookie back played good and they were playing last year's #1 D and their own D played awesome 

Yep, Bortles played the game manager well, Fournette looked like the 1st round pick he was drafted to be, and the defense did what they normally do before the offense normally blows it for them. The Jags have a good chance of winning the division.