Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good, bad and ugly of the game

jbaron04

4 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

My good - the run defense held them 43 carrys for only like 67 yards. 

The bad -,no pass rush horrible deep ball corner play 

The ugly - tolzen enough said ,

Pagano still has no clue,missing that TD challenge was a big blow. 

The td challenge is on the coaches in the booth.   Pagano didn't have a vantage point on macks feet.  Not that it would have mattered

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Good.  I started the rams d in all three of my fantasy leagues. 

Bad.  Our pass defense.   My goodness,   goff looked good today

Ugly. The qb who started the game and doesn't deserve to be named

Snart move on Rams d. I did same due to scott being qb.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

While this is true, Pagano could've called a TO to have it looked at. Or at least not have rushed into another play.

If he calls a to,  then loses the challenge he would have got hammered as well.   The team has to  be able to push it in from the 1 on first down.   That play is the least of my worries  after this game

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The Good - Luck didn't play behnd that O-line.

The Bad - A bad Rams team made the Colts look like a high school team.

The Ugly - Colts coaching, or lack of.

How can you say the Rams are bad?  This is a new season and new coach for them. 

They weren't spectacular. They were able to pass and catch, and run back easy picks. Most teams would've had the same result today.

We really have to appreciate how bad we played today. I mean, it was awesomely bad. All time bad. Pick six's, fumblerooski for a safety, and somewhere right now, Tolzien is being sacked again.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Couldn't watch the game, but looking at the score sheet, seems like everybody played poorly. Run D was ok. 

How were Hooker, Mack, and Wilson?

hooker was okay didn't get beat from what i saw also played a lot of special teams which kinda confused me but whatever... mack played pretty good up until the fumble the mack and gore combo could be special and as for wilson didn't really get tick until the fourth played decent wish he came in for melvin earlier when rams wrs were doing whatever they wanted

3 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

hooker was okay didn't get beat from what i saw also played a lot of special teams which kinda confused me but whatever... mack played pretty good up until the fumble the mack and gore combo could be special and as for wilson didn't really get tick until the fourth played decent wish he came in for melvin earlier when rams wrs were doing whatever they wanted

It's Hooker's first game, so they probably wanted to ease him in. Glad he didn't mess up too bad. He's a rookie and will make mistakes, so I'm fine with his performance. Good to hear about Mack and Wilson.

The offensive line for the sixth straight year is still a sore spot and it is getting ridiculous. Chuck is looking real stupid with his preaching about offensive line continuity, and then changing the lineups multiple times in training camp and one week before the season starts.

Can anyone tell me when we will actually have a good offensive line and pass rush? It's been a very long time.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The offensive line for the sixth straight year is still a sore spot and it is getting ridiculous. Chuck is looking real stupid with his preaching about offensive line continuity, and then changing the lineups multiple times in training camp and one week before the season starts.

Can anyone tell me when we will actually have a good offensive line and pass rush? It's been a very long time.

Margus Hunt possibly over Sheard? His pressure and sack seemed like a really good solo effort. I was high on Sheard but the guy has no moves. 

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I didnt really like when we went for it on that 4th down play. Just gave them another short field. Thought we should have punted and pinned them deep.

i felt the same way

wasn't it forth and long?  i didnt think i made sense to go for that when the offense had done pretty much nothing all day

The front 7  looked fantastic but too much time on the field. Camt be creating 3rd amd long  and giving up so much space on coverage. I thought we were faster which meant more physical coverage and more man to man more jams at tje line instead we were in soft zones .  Theres hope on defence. But Tolzoen was mostly  horible just as expected. Weak throws bad decisions as usual. I womder what Stephen Morrison did that was so bad. Probably saw a turd and called it a turd.  

The Good: Rigo Sanchez looked solid. So did Simon and Woods. Mack showed flashes. The run D was there. Tolzien is probably done as our starting QB.

The Bad: Vinny has to be better. Play calling was sub par. TY can't fumble it there.

The Ugly: Literally everything else that exists within a football game. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

The Good: Rigo Sanchez looked solid. So did Simon and Woods. Mack showed flashes. The run D was there. Tolzien is probably done as our starting QB.

The Bad: Vinny has to be better. Play calling was sub par. TY can't fumble it there.

The Ugly: Literally everything else that exists within a football game. 

Our play calling (on both sides of the ball) is often sub par. 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i felt the same way

wasn't it forth and long?  i didnt think i made sense to go for that when the offense had done pretty much nothing all day

Think it was about 4th and 7. Game was still in reach. It wasn't like the Rams had a juggernaut offense. They accounted for maybe 14 points if that. The smart thing in my mind would have been to punt and pin them deep. Get a three and out while making them punt from their own territory giving us a short field. Instead we gave them another short field.

47 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The td challenge is on the coaches in the booth.   Pagano didn't have a vantage point on macks feet.  Not that it would have mattered

I disagree it would have meant at lot cause the game would have bin closer at that point and the play calling changes etc... We still would have lost but not like that