Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

that's the mystery of the interwebs......   I'm not going to research post history for every negative trade comment, but I would venture to say that there is some overlap..... it's just the nature of the series of tubes that we exchange information on...... ; )  

Yeah, that's fair.

I myself have even changed my tune on Dorsett in the past. I even turned around on him after that Steelers performance, he looked really good.

With Natson showing up at WR and KR, Dorsett was most likely getting cut today. If you can take a player that you plan on cutting and flip him for a player you think will be cut, you do it. You secured a player that you may not have been able to get with a player you no longer wanted anyhow.

I think most that don't like this trade are just upset because it's the Pats. At the end up the day, we strengthened our team by giving up a most likely cut player and that's all that really matters.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

smallest Dude in the NFL in 5 years period if he makes the 53 man.....

Even worse for Dorsett. Speaks to his inability as a WR more than it does the coaches. Colts don't have the greatest coaches ever, I get that. But the blame has to be on Dorsett who seemed to only get open on Go routes

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

With Natson showing up at WR and KR, Dorsett was most likely getting cut today. If you can take a player that you plan on cutting and flip him for a player you think will be cut, you do it. You secured a player that you may not have been able to get with a player you no longer wanted anyhow.

I think most that don't like this trade are just upset because it's the Pats. At the end up the day, we strengthened our team by giving up a most likely cut player and that's all that really matters.

Not just that it's the Pats, but it's for a Pats QB, who are notorious for being bad once they are no longer in that system.

I have zero confidence that Brisett will be any good with the Colts.

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Got that, but is he really a guy you want to get?  So many needs for players that could contribute either as rotational starters or decent backups.  Heck, I would have rather had a 5th round draft pick.

Quote (Marv Levy-

"Depth is great... until you have to use it."

I'd rather have quality depth at the most important position on the club, than any other position.  And with Andrews injury history now, we have to have quality behind him.  I am not willing to give away games becasue the dropoff between the starting QB and his backup is excessive.  JB has some qualities. To wit-

"Big quarterback with an NFL arm. Has the frame and lower body strength to shake off a would­-be sack and extend the play. Possesses competitive spirit and football character needed to be an NFL quarterback. Has a fastball and changeup. Able to step and drive ball into tight windows with plus accuracy or put feathery soft touch on throws when needed. Plays in pro­-style scheme. Has experience under center and is comfortable in boot-­action pass attack. Makes good decisions reading combination routes. Generally accurate passer who excels in intermediate throws. Wolfpack offense features a menu full of challenging deep outs and field side throws, but he has the arm, timing and confidence to handle it. Makes anticipatory throws into developing windows without flinching. Able to bolt pocket and challenge defenses with his feet. Ran less in 2015, choosing to challenge defenses with his arm after extending plays outside the pocket. Has arm talent, strength and moxie to make winning plays with defenders draped on him and completed almost 60 percent of his passes when forced to throw on the move. Rose to the occasion against Florida State in 2014 and Clemson in 2015."

I think he fits Chud's playbook as well.  But his ability to soften throws make it likely the short throw game Luck needs will work for Brissett too.

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't like the trade because we have so many other positions of need.  Plus, there were rumors that the Pats were going to release him anyway.

Silly this time smo. What better players were we offered?

Brissett was quality trade bait for Many teams. We paid the full price for their big need. So glad Dorsett got us this much.

You like our backup QB situation? And long term?  lol

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Stunner!!!! Wow

This means Luck isn't coming off the pup..... I see no other reason

No. Jacoby Brissett isn't better than Tolzien.  Brisset is a project

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Stunner!!!! Wow

This means Luck isn't coming off the pup..... I see no other reason

33 minutes ago, Shive said:

That's the point of trades.  Without it, the Colts would never be able to acquire Brissett, and the Patriots would never get a shot to acquire Dorsett.  Both of these guys would be claimed off waivers well before the Colts and Pats had a chance to claim them.