Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What The 2018 Colts Need

Dark Superman

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chris-ballard-and-dave-toub-are-exactly-what-andrew-luck-needs-012817

Dave Taub as our next NFL Head Coach. If people like Ballard and Andy Reid are praising you, then you have my vote.

I also like Josh McDaniels too. Pairing McDaniels with Luck and this offense would be special.

Too bad we couldn't snag Matt Patricia from the Patriots to be our next DC. But, There's no way he would leave the Patriots for anything less than a HC position.

39 minutes ago, Colt-King 24 said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chris-ballard-and-dave-toub-are-exactly-what-andrew-luck-needs-012817

Dave Taub as our next NFL Head Coach. If people like Ballard and Andy Reid are praising you, then you have my vote.

I also like Josh McDaniels too. Pairing McDaniels with Luck and this offense would be special.

Too bad we couldn't snag Matt Patricia from the Patriots to be our next DC. But, There's no way he would leave the Patriots for anything less than a HC position.

I highly doubt that Irsay cares what Foxsports says at any time.

I am not jumping on the fire Pagano bandwagon. I believe in stability. Changing coaches does not always fix things. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've had 3 head coaches in my lifetime. Then look at the Browns. 

If we do not make improvements this season then I'm sure Irsay and Ballard will make a decision.

I will voice my likes and dislikes as the season moves along, but it is too early to be calling for anyone's head. We haven't even lost a game yet. 

12 hours ago, Colt-King 24 said:

That obviously won't happen. He will be our coach until our season is finished. Then it's time to chop some dead wood.

I believe Pagano will be our coach as long as he keeps us in playoff contention. 

I also believe we will retain Pagano if we make the playoffs.

I think that is his bar. Playoffs or new coach. 

Just my two cents. 

24 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I believe Pagano will be our coach as long as he keeps us in playoff contention. 

I also believe we will retain Pagano if we make the playoffs.

I think that is his bar. Playoffs or new coach. 

Just my two cents. 

If we are not in the playoffs I think he has to go he is terrible in my opinion.

What the 2018 Colts need is primarily an owner who will allow Ballard to run the show, since that is his job. Meaning that it is Ballard's decision on who the new HC is. Meaning Ballard is THE GUY who decides who to draft, along with his scouts of course. 

Then, and only then, this franchise will move forward and progress since Ballard will have his guy at HC and they will be on the same page (front office and coaching staff). 

Also what the 2018 Colts need is a solution to the the high amount of injuries this team consistently absorbs. If that means a new field surface, so be it. If it's simply the new coaching staff demanding more out of their players' conditioning levels, that will only help the team.  

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This firing Pagano before the season even starts is a pile of horse dung.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I am not jumping on the fire Pagano bandwagon. I believe in stability. Changing coaches does not always fix things. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've had 3 head coaches in my lifetime. Then look at the Browns. 

If we do not make improvements this season then I'm sure Irsay and Ballard will make a decision.

I will voice my likes and dislikes as the season moves along, but it is too early to be calling for anyone's head. We haven't even lost a game yet. 

Well said

12 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well of course not but its also time for Irsay to wake up and see that this man is not the future of this team and cannot get us over the hump. In Pagano I mean.

Irsay is no rookie owner. Just because he don't share your opinion does not make him wrong.

31 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well of course not but its also time for Irsay to wake up and see that this man is not the future of this team and cannot get us over the hump. In Pagano I mean.

Let's face it, Irsay hasn't ever fired a coach mid season. So it'll be January at the earliest. So sit back, watch and try to enjoy what you can. And then IF pagano flops again, I imagine Jim won't hesitate this time

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

What the 2018 Colts need is primarily an owner who will allow Ballard to run the show, since that is his job. Meaning that it is Ballard's decision on who the new HC is. Meaning Ballard is THE GUY who decides who to draft, along with his scouts of course. 

Then, and only then, this franchise will move forward and progress since Ballard will have his guy at HC and they will be on the same page (front office and coaching staff). 

Also what the 2018 Colts need is a solution to the the high amount of injuries this team consistently absorbs. If that means a new field surface, so be it. If it's simply the new coaching staff demanding more out of their players' conditioning levels, that will only help the team.  

Ballard knew what he was walking in to.  He and airsay has discussions about EVERYTHING, including Pagano.  Ballard had other opportunities, he could have said "its me or Pagano."

he didn't.  I will put my faith in Irsay and Ballard's opinions over EVERYONE on this board..... including me.

THEY are the professionals that see the coaches and players everyday, not us.

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Let's face it, Irsay hasn't ever fired a coach mid season. So it'll be January at the earliest. So sit back, watch and try to enjoy what you can. And then IF pagano flops again, I imagine Jim won't hesitate this time

Right. If Irsay let Caldwell go 0-13 and get smoked 62-7 on national TV, don't hold your breath hoping for Pagano to be fired midseason. 

I think I'm seeing a change in Pagano right now. Maybe it's because he sees that his job is on the line. Maybe he finally sees the laissez faire attitude on his part hasn't worked.. His last couple of pressers haven't been the Mary Poppins "a teacup of sugar" typical of him. Maybe, just maybe, he can light a fire where one hasn't been lit in the last five years.

I'm hoping.

2018 Colts need the same things that hasn't been addressed for a couple years ;

A proven, reliable RT

A Edge Rusher that can wreck havoc on QB

ILB that can cover TE's & Rb's

A vertical TE

A top RB to go along with Mack

improve quality & depth in secondary

A good backup QB when Luck is injured

What the Colts need:

Demanding high expectations for both individual and team performance.

An expectation of winning consistently (aka a change in team culture).

A strategy that promotes winning.

A group, from the FO through the coaches, that realize what the strategy is, and can make it happen.

Normally, it takes 3 - 5 years to change a culture, and this is beyond various personalities.

12 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No he isn't a rookie but he is a drug addict and is still on way too many pills if he thinks pagano is the coach that can get this team another title.

You have no clue as to what Irsay does and doesn't do. Your comment is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Right. If Irsay let Caldwell go 0-13 and get smoked 62-7 on national TV, don't hold your breath hoping for Pagano to be fired midseason. 

Ugh! That game was so painful to watch... 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have no clue as to what Irsay does and doesn't do. Your comment is ridiculous.

Agreed. But let's face it, what you say won't change their mind... It's so odd seeing people flail blame around. 

23 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No he isn't a rookie but he is a drug addict and is still on way too many pills if he thinks pagano is the coach that can get this team another title.

I do not disagree, and we all know addiction is a difficult disease to beat. And I have no clue how he's doing at the moment.

But in Irsay's  defense, he has tried to replace pagano but has failed to get a suitable replacement to agree to take the job.

28 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I do not disagree, and we all know addiction is a difficult disease to beat. And I have no clue how he's doing at the moment.

But in Irsay's  defense, he has tried to replace pagano but has failed to get a suitable replacement to agree to take the job.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

You have no clue if Irsay has tried to replace Pagano. Matter of fact he kept him when he had the chance.

You also don't have a clue if he has even offered the head coaching job to anyone.

Unless you are in Irsay's personal life all you are is an ill informed fan.

10 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

What still is bad is that he wouldn't let Ballard bring his own guy in to be coach Pagano is a mediocore coach.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where do you come up with this stuff?

You have no clue if Irsay has tried to replace Pagano. Matter of fact he kept him when he had the chance.

You also don't have a clue if he has even offered the head coaching job to anyone.

Unless you are in Irsay's personal life all you are is an ill informed fan.

Are you freaking serious? 

He wanted Payton. He wanted Gruden. Those were strong rumors. Of course he's not going to hold a press conference and say he failed to replace a HC that is currently employed by him.

Please stop being the blind homer and look at things slightly objectively(atleast once in a while) and stop defending everyone that's receiving a check from the colts organization.

This could be a long season for the colts, which means a long season for us die-hard fans. And even longer for those who see things only in Rose colored glasses.

I'm done talking about this.

50 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Are you freaking serious? 

He wanted Payton. He wanted Gruden. Those were strong rumors. Of course he's not going to hold a press conference and say he failed to replace a HC that is currently employed by him.

Please stop being the blind homer and look at things slightly objectively(atleast once in a while) and stop defending everyone that's receiving a check from the colts organization.

This could be a long season for the colts, which means a long season for us die-hard fans. And even longer for those who see things only in Rose colored glasses.

I'm done talking about this.

You take a rumor that was started right here in this forum or from some media hack and assume it is true.

You then have the audacity to tell me I am a blind homer? At least my comments are backed up by facts and not a rumor that has no valid source.

Objectively? Really? Is that what you are doing with your blind distain for Pagano?

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You take a rumor that was started right here in this forum or from some media hack and assume it is true.

You then have the audacity to tell me I am a blind homer? At least my comments are backed up by facts and not a rumor that has no valid source.

Objectively? Really? Is that what you are doing with your blind distain for Pagano?

I have distain for pagano because he seems to get worst as a coach each season and then I have people like you disagreeing with me and saying he is a good coach. 

40 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I have distain for pagano because he seems to get worst as a coach each season and then I have people like you disagreeing with me and saying he is a good coach. 

The reason you have some who disagree with you is you fail to see and understand the reasons that Pagano has went 8-8 over the last two seasons. Getting bent out of shape because someone don't agree with your opinion is a fault made by you.

You sometimes bring things into the forum I can agree with and make good points about issues. Just because I don't happen to agree with the firing of Pagano does not mean I take it personal. If we all had the same opinions this forum would get pretty boring.

Pagano coached this team to three 11-5 seasons and took them to an AFC championship. He didn't all of a sudden forget how to be a coach. He also may have had his best coaching year when he took this team to a 8-8 record with 5 different QBs when this wasn't a 8-8 team. It's easy to sit back and point a finger at one person when there were more than him being the issue that was the problem.

If you have a different opinion that is fine. But to force feed your opinion on others when you know full well their opinion don't match yours is a waist of time.

There is not anymore to bring up about Pagano that hasn't been hashed and rehashed over and over.

All that is left is to wait and see how this all plays out. Till then we both stand on opposite sides of the fence. :hat: