Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What The 2018 Colts Need

Dark Superman

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The reason you have some who disagree with you is you fail to see and understand the reasons that Pagano has went 8-8 over the last two seasons. Getting bent out of shape because someone don't agree with your opinion is a fault made by you.

You sometimes bring things into the forum I can agree with and make good points about issues. Just because I don't happen to agree with the firing of Pagano does not mean I take it personal. If we all had the same opinions this forum would get pretty boring.

Pagano coached this team to three 11-5 seasons and took them to an AFC championship. He didn't all of a sudden forget how to be a coach. He also may have had his best coaching year when he took this team to a 8-8 record with 5 different QBs when this wasn't a 8-8 team. It's easy to sit back and point a finger at one person when there were more than him being the issue that was the problem.

If you have a different opinion that is fine. But to force feed your opinion on others when you know full well their opinion don't match yours is a waist of time.

There is not anymore to bring up about Pagano that hasn't been hashed and rehashed over and over.

All that is left is to wait and see how this all plays out. Till then we both stand on opposite sides of the fence. :hat:

8-8 isn't anything to be proud of it kind of sucks.

19 hours ago, csmopar said:

Let's face it, Irsay hasn't ever fired a coach mid season. So it'll be January at the earliest. So sit back, watch and try to enjoy what you can. And then IF pagano flops again, I imagine Jim won't hesitate this time

Agree. . . nor should he.  Firing the coach mid season rarely accomplishes anything worthwhile.

The only reason I can see for doing it is if the coach has completely lost the locker room.  

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

8-8 isn't anything to be proud of it kind of sucks.

Jeez. I never said a 8-8 record was something to be proud of.

Look, I am trying my best to get along with you and have some positive things to pass around. You take everything most of us say and turn it into negative.

I would hate to be so negative. Just not me. It's not good for the mind.

If you are that negative in your every day life maybe you should seek some help? You have some issues.

The NFL is a game. We have no control over it. Lighten up for God's sake.

On August 22, 2017 at 4:13 PM, BlueShoe said:

I am not jumping on the fire Pagano bandwagon. I believe in stability. Changing coaches does not always fix things. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've had 3 head coaches in my lifetime. Then look at the Browns. 

If we do not make improvements this season then I'm sure Irsay and Ballard will make a decision.

I will voice my likes and dislikes as the season moves along, but it is too early to be calling for anyone's head. We haven't even lost a game yet. 

Well said. Firing Pagano mid season accomplishes nothing because you won't find a top notch candidate mid season. So you'd appoint one of the assistants to finish the season because you can't change schemes mid season. And the new coach will want to come in with their own system and assistants 

And as far as 8-8 or even 9-7 and missing the playoffs: what if the team starts very slowly but knocks it out of the park the last half of the season? You aren't likely to dump a coach who finally is getting results. 

So either way, the Colts are going to roll with what they have this year. 

On August 22, 2017 at 4:13 PM, BlueShoe said:

I am not jumping on the fire Pagano bandwagon. I believe in stability. Changing coaches does not always fix things. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've had 3 head coaches in my lifetime. Then look at the Browns. 

If we do not make improvements this season then I'm sure Irsay and Ballard will make a decision.

I will voice my likes and dislikes as the season moves along, but it is too early to be calling for anyone's head. We haven't even lost a game yet. 

Well said. Firing Pagano mid season accomplishes nothing because you won't find a top notch candidate mid season. So you'd appoint one of the assistants to finish the seas because you can't change schemes mid season. And the new coach will want to come in with their own system and assistants 

And as far as 8-8 or even 9-7 and missing the playoffs: what if the team starts very slowly but knocks it out of the park the last half of the season? You aren't likely to dump a coach who finally is getting results. 

So either way, the Colts are going to roll with what they have this year. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Jeez. I never said a 8-8 record was something to be proud of.

Look, I am trying my best to get along with you and have some positive things to pass around. You take everything most of us say and turn it into negative.

I would hate to be so negative. Just not me. It's not good for the mind.

If you are that negative in your every day life maybe you should seek some help? You have some issues.

The NFL is a game. We have no control over it. Lighten up for God's sake.

When this team shows me something to be positive about maybe I will I see nothing to be positive about where it comes to this team its awful and under Pagano's direction it doesn't look as if its going to improve anytime soon.

Now its not like I'm never positive if there is somebody in a game that I thought looked good I do share it but for somebody to say I have a mental problem for being realistic is crap.

31 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

When this team shows me something to be positive about maybe I will I see nothing to be positive about where it comes to this team its awful and under Pagano's direction it doesn't look as if its going to improve anytime soon.

Now its not like I'm never positive if there is somebody in a game that I thought looked good I do share it but for somebody to say I have a mental problem for being realistic is crap.

Look, all of the problems the Colts have is not Pagano's fault. He is just one of a team that is in charge of making this team better. He has to have the right players brought in and he didn't have that with Grigson.

With all that you think is wrong with Pagano he has yet to have a losing season even with absolutely no depth in the defense. He has yet to have a starting O-line that hasn't been a revolving door. He also didn't have a linebacker who would be a starter in another winning team. His team has been decimated with injuries. Don't let the facts get in the way of you blaming Pagano for everything.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Look, all of the problems the Colts have is not Pagano's fault. He is just one of a team that is in charge of making this team better. He has to have the right players brought in and he didn't have that with Grigson.

With all that you think is wrong with Pagano he has yet to have a losing season even with absolutely no depth in the defense. He has yet to have a starting O-line that hasn't been a revolving door. He also didn't have a linebacker who would be a starter in another winning team. His team has been decimated with injuries. Don't let the facts get in the way of you blaming Pagano for everything.

Never one time did I say everything was pagano's fault I said I didn't think he was the guy to lead this team back to the promise land. Also a good coach knows when a change is needed such as a player not performing no matter how many chances you have given him but yet you don't bench him tolzien is a fine example there cause he continues to stink and we don't seem to try anybody else at the position. Such as Morris the best they did was move him to NO 2 it should be to one and see if he can do better which of course I believe he can

9 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Never one time did I say everything was pagano's fault I said I didn't think he was the guy to lead this team back to the promise land. Also a good coach knows when a change is needed such as a player not performing no matter how many chances you have given him but yet you don't bench him tolzien is a fine example there cause he continues to stink and we don't seem to try anybody else at the position. Such as Morris the best they did was move him to NO 2 it should be to one and see if he can do better which of course I believe he can

Pagano's record speaks for itself. I don't feel the need to nit pick every move he does just so I can sit back and chastise him. Till he has a losing season he is a winner. You don't get rid of a winner, period.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pagano's record speaks for itself. I don't feel the need to nit pick every move he does just so I can sit back and chastise him. Till he has a losing season he is a winner. You don't get rid of a winner, period.

I get that he's still .500 or over but that's not what I call a winner but I think its safe to say you and I will agree to disagree on that subject.

New coaching staff and Pass rush, but other than that we aren't sure are we ? I mean who knows ??? Edwin Jackson and Antonio Morrison could possibly be really good players this year, breakout, and be our ILB's the next several years. Who knows as of now. Other than coaching and more pass rush lol.

The 2018 Colts need athletic LBs

I honestly think pagano is the reason we still don't have any he's all about thumpers that suck in coverage 

Starting to think the same thing. I thought it was Grigson but he's gone and somehow Morrison is like Pagano's man crush, and is expected to start. Ballard drafted Walker, and then brought in Spence and Bostic. Now none of them are Bobby Wagner or Keuchly in coverage, but they're more athletic than any LB Grigson ever brought in. Pagano's player preferences and schemes seem greatly flawed to me.

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You take a rumor that was started right here in this forum or from some media hack and assume it is true.

You then have the audacity to tell me I am a blind homer? At least my comments are backed up by facts and not a rumor that has no valid source.

Objectively? Really? Is that what you are doing with your blind distain for Pagano?

90% or more of your posts are attacking other posters who said something that wasn't 100% positive on colts players, coaches,  management, owner or waterboy lol.

For only the 2nd time ever I'm putting someone on IGNORE.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

90% or more of your posts are attacking other posters who said something that wasn't 100% positive on colts players, coaches,  management, owner or waterboy lol.

For only the 2nd time ever I'm putting someone on IGNORE.

Like I am going to lose sleep? Goodbye.

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Starting to think the same thing. I thought it was Grigson but he's gone and somehow Morrison is like Pagano's man crush, and is expected to start. Ballard drafted Walker, and then brought in Spence and Bostic. Now none of them are Bobby Wagner or Keuchly in coverage, but they're more athletic than any LB Grigson ever brought in. Pagano's player preferences and schemes seem greatly flawed to me.

you do understand, don't you, that the Colt 3-4 defense requires 2 different Inside Linebackers, and those 2 linebackers need to possess different skill sets.  It typically utilizes one Thumper and one more athletic cover type of ILB.  Morrison is most likely not in direct competition with either Spence nor Bostic.  Morrison, Walker and Jackson are competing for one spot (to my knowledge) while Bostic, Spence and whoever else are competing for the other and for the sub packages.

it constantly amuses me when people criticize the Colts and/or Pagano about things they simply don't understand.  

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why would you want him to do that? We have a new stadium and have the 2nd best winning % of any team over the last 2 decades only behind the Pats. Irsay is a great owner actually and we now have a GM who is competent.

I have heard on ESPN.....NFL Network and where I live the NY media ( Mike Francesca just 3-4 days ago and Francesca loves...LOVES  Andrew Luck !).....I have heard in those 3 media groups wonder if Luck would have a healthier career (especially Francesca) playing somewhere else ?...Even heard one guy ask Are the Colts front office and owner trying to get Luck killed ?

Just now, HOF19 said:

I have heard on ESPN.....NFL Network and where I live the NY media ( Mike Francesca just 3-4 days ago and Francesca loves...LOVES  Andrew Luck !).....I have heard in those 3 media groups wonder if Luck would have a healthier career (especially Francesca) playing somewhere else ?...Even heard one guy ask Are the Colts ownership and owner trying to get Luck killed ?

I get that, I like Mike F as well. I have actually called his show in the past. I just don't see Irsay ever selling. His daughters will eventually take over when he gets burned out IMO.