Colts Vs. Lions Preseason Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Some were acting like he should maybe play ahead of Tolzien...all I was implying was that would be a disaster.

Honestly, if he gets more reps in practice and plays pre-season with the 1's I think he has a chance to settle down.  I think I'm done with ST if he doesn't do better in the 2nd pre-season game.  Go with the kids.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Scott Tolzien sounds like Sam Bradford for us. But Vikes fans seem to like him a lot.

When you have a killer D, you need a good QB that minimizes turnovers (even at the expense of less exciting huge plays).  Colts D isn't there, yet.

BTW, as much as I predicted Sam would be good for Vikes in short notice last year, the whole setup this year means I expect major improvement in Bradford's game this year... IF... Vikes O line does their job.  You'll see... :-)

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sam Bradford is like 10 times the qb and playmaker of Tolzien.

I know, I know...but he is so gun shy. He does not want to throw the ball deep. What good is he if he won't take chances. At least take some chances in preseason when the result does not count.

Also, he is not a "playmaker"

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I don't recall playing the Browns last year

Browns, Jags... Does it matter?  

Okay, so we needed a huge comeback against one of the worst teams in the league in game 16 just to hit .500.  

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Honestly, if he gets more reps in practice and plays pre-season with the 1's I think he has a chance to settle down.  I think I'm done with ST if he doesn't do better in the 2nd pre-season game.  Go with the kids.

Tolzien will keep you in the game and keep it close enough to have a shot to win....Walker would make a few splash plays...but would have you down 21-24 to nothing before you blinked. He isn't disciplined enough to just take what the defense gives you. Maybe in a couple years he can grow into that backup role.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Tolzien will keep you in the game and keep it close enough to have a shot to win....Walker would make a few splash plays...but would have you down 21-24 to nothing before you blinked. He isn't disciplined enough to just take what the defense gives you. Maybe in a couple years he can grow into that backup role.

I respect your knowledge, DG, but you can see that from 15 snaps into his career??  Wow.  You're good!!!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

First. 

Starting Walker isn't a real option. Second Tolzien cannot keep a game close. Just stop. He has shown nothing in his play that suggests it either. He is a bad player.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

When you have a killer D, you need a good QB that minimizes turnovers (even at the expense of less exciting huge plays).  Colts D isn't there, yet.

BTW, as much as I predicted Sam would be good for Vikes in short notice last year, the whole setup this year means I expect major improvement in Bradford's game this year... IF... Vikes O line does their job.  You'll see... :-)

Bradford is too conservative. I think he makes the OL look worse than what it is. Last year, he was only the 11th most pressured QB (Luck was 28th or so); yet, you would swear he was the most pressured.  

Watch the game next Friday on NFL Network. We play Seattle.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know, I know...but he is so gun shy. He does not want to throw the ball deep. What good is he if he won't take chances. At least take some chances in preseason when the result does not count.

Also, he is not a "playmaker"

Because he had no line to protect him long enough...He came in late and was told to give his defense a chance to put them in a position to win. He can be a playmaker by getting the ball to the right guy at the right time...He has a good arm...much better than Tolzien.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Who / What?

The latest news on Hyder, very bad news for Lions. Dr. Chao thinks it is ruptured Achilles.  That's surgery and a trip to Injured Reserve. 

Sad. Nothing can go right for the Lions.