Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Lions Preseason Game Day Thread


LucasOilStadium
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Some were acting like he should maybe play ahead of Tolzien...all I was implying was that would be a disaster.

Honestly, if he gets more reps in practice and plays pre-season with the 1's I think he has a chance to settle down.  I think I'm done with ST if he doesn't do better in the 2nd pre-season game.  Go with the kids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Scott Tolzien sounds like Sam Bradford for us. But Vikes fans seem to like him a lot.

 

When you have a killer D, you need a good QB that minimizes turnovers (even at the expense of less exciting huge plays).  Colts D isn't there, yet.

 

BTW, as much as I predicted Sam would be good for Vikes in short notice last year, the whole setup this year means I expect major improvement in Bradford's game this year... IF... Vikes O line does their job.  You'll see... :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sam Bradford is like 10 times the qb and playmaker of Tolzien.

I know, I know...but he is so gun shy. He does not want to throw the ball deep. What good is he if he won't take chances. At least take some chances in preseason when the result does not count.

 

Also, he is not a "playmaker"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I don't recall playing the Browns last year

Browns, Jags... Does it matter?  

 

Okay, so we needed a huge comeback against one of the worst teams in the league in game 16 just to hit .500.  

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Honestly, if he gets more reps in practice and plays pre-season with the 1's I think he has a chance to settle down.  I think I'm done with ST if he doesn't do better in the 2nd pre-season game.  Go with the kids.

Tolzien will keep you in the game and keep it close enough to have a shot to win....Walker would make a few splash plays...but would have you down 21-24 to nothing before you blinked. He isn't disciplined enough to just take what the defense gives you. Maybe in a couple years he can grow into that backup role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Tolzien will keep you in the game and keep it close enough to have a shot to win....Walker would make a few splash plays...but would have you down 21-24 to nothing before you blinked. He isn't disciplined enough to just take what the defense gives you. Maybe in a couple years he can grow into that backup role.

I respect your knowledge, DG, but you can see that from 15 snaps into his career??  Wow.  You're good!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Tolzien will keep you in the game and keep it close enough to have a shot to win....Walker would make a few splash plays...but would have you down 21-24 to nothing before you blinked. He isn't disciplined enough to just take what the defense gives you. Maybe in a couple years he can grow into that backup role.

First. 

 

Starting Walker isn't a real option. Second Tolzien cannot keep a game close. Just stop. He has shown nothing in his play that suggests it either. He is a bad player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

When you have a killer D, you need a good QB that minimizes turnovers (even at the expense of less exciting huge plays).  Colts D isn't there, yet.

 

BTW, as much as I predicted Sam would be good for Vikes in short notice last year, the whole setup this year means I expect major improvement in Bradford's game this year... IF... Vikes O line does their job.  You'll see... :-)

 

Bradford is too conservative. I think he makes the OL look worse than what it is. Last year, he was only the 11th most pressured QB (Luck was 28th or so); yet, you would swear he was the most pressured.  

 

Watch the game next Friday on NFL Network. We play Seattle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know, I know...but he is so gun shy. He does not want to throw the ball deep. What good is he if he won't take chances. At least take some chances in preseason when the result does not count.

 

Also, he is not a "playmaker"

Because he had no line to protect him long enough...He came in late and was told to give his defense a chance to put them in a position to win. He can be a playmaker by getting the ball to the right guy at the right time...He has a good arm...much better than Tolzien.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I want him to play but I absolutely want the medical staff to err on the side of caution. A random win in Week 4 isn't worth trading Leonard's long-term health for. You can't be messing around and rolling the dice when it comes to the back/spine.      It's the job of the NFL and its organisations to try to keep the players safe though, not place them in harm's way intentionally. At least, it should be.    That's like saying people shouldn't have to wear seatbelts when they drive because there's a chance that they'll crash and die anyway. I think that's silly.   He didn't pass the rules that were in place, which is a huge part of the problem. Gross Motor Instability is supposed to be an immediate removal from the game and he's placed into concussion protocol. Gross Motor Instability is exactly what Tua displayed but he returned to the game anyway. The only way this could happen is if his instability was proven to be orthopaedic rather than neurological, and there's simply no way that that was the case. 
    • Yeah, the last time Buckner was out vs. Henry - that went really well.  It was a demoralizing 2000s style rush defense performance.
    • taylor is mot running as well since glow is gone
    • I am betting Leonard plays.  The fact he hasn’t been ruled out means he’s very close.  Buckner I think the signs are pointing to him not playing and that’s concerning.  The one game he missed vs the Titans they ran wild.
    • Especially if any other linemen are well BELOW average.
  • Members

    • Larry Horseman

      Larry Horseman 23

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 10,008

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Caffrey

      Caffrey 179

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DynaMike

      DynaMike 108

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mackrel829

      Mackrel829 429

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • smittywerb

      smittywerb 593

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 10

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 760

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,357

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...