Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Lions Preseason Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

I'm actually encouraged by what I've seen so far on the Defensive side of the ball. I saw way, way more good stuff than bad stuff.

Offense is clearly playing 1-15 football. Hopefully Ballard had a chance to see just how bad the O-line situation really is on this team. The starting O-line, with Andrew at the helm, is at best shaky. When the backups are called upon, it becomes a bumblefest.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That stuff allows deeper pass plays later in the game when the D cheats up.  That is basically a replacement for a running game, and darn good one too.  Beside, O's are vanilla right now.  No game planning, and no 'tape' for other teams for when the real season begins.  patience.  :-)

I added to my post. The game was not shown live in my area; so, I cannot answer your other questions. We should see more the next two weeks when the games will be televised live.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

He made some good throws that were dropped. I believe there was a dropped TD in that game by either TY or Moncrief. The WRs were bad. 

Several good drives stopped by drops by both wrs. It's all good it was last year and I'm not a big Tolzien defender but he isn't awful...but no he isn't going to win you a lot of games on his arm...you hope he maybe only has to start a game or two here or there....not several games like we saw Hasselback have to do.

7 minutes ago, relkins said:

Then we need a new list

I'll bet Ballard and the scout team already have some acquisitions from other teams (being) scouted to take on cutdown day.  Chris won't overlook anything.  He's more relentless than Grigson (who did get that part right) at searching anywhere/everywhere for upgrades.  I think he has a better nose for it though than his predecessor.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I see flaws that can be fixed but everyone is doing their best

I hope so...I see that too but I also see a team getting out played clearly at the point of attack...seeing as in the only one I'll just assume it's just me thinking I would see this team biting at the bit to get out there and put the wood on them.

2 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

I'm at a bar with no sound and it might have been mentioned already... But where is Stephen Morris?

Walker has moved above Morris on the depth chart. Morris should be in

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Is Josh Freeman still available?

LOL, yes. This summer, Freeman was evaluated to play for the CFL Montreal Alouettes during a workout in training camp. he didn't make the team.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Walker has moved above Morris on the depth chart. Morris should be in

LOL, yes. This summer, Freeman was evaluated to play for the CFL Montreal Alouettes during a workout in training camp. he didn't make the team.

We'd love him until we signed him