Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Lions Preseason Game Day Thread


LucasOilStadium
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Bradford is too conservative. I think he makes the OL look worse than what it is. Last year, he was only the 11th most pressured QB (Luck was 28th or so); yet, you would swear he was the most pressured.  

 

Watch the game next Friday on NFL Network. We play Seattle.

 

Bradford was the BEST deep ball passer in 2016, and Andrew Luck was a close second.  The OC is conservative, and/or Sam has to go to hot routes or check downs because the O line too often doesn't give him time for receivers to get open.  And the receivers have to get better at route running and get open when the O line does protect.  it's not all on Sam Bradford. It's a team game, and everyone has a job, and has to do it well.

 

And game 3 is the game to watch starters, they actually let starters go one drive into the second half, and stray from vanilla offense and defense some.  Next game wont show me much on Sam.

 

We'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

What a stupid idea these sideline interviews are. You can't see the game because they ask Darius some irrelevant questions and they want us to see his shoes.

I cannot agree more....

..somebody from the local TV station...getting a little face-time..

.......pointless..meaningless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Who / What?

 

The latest news on Hyder, very bad news for Lions. Dr. Chao thinks it is ruptured Achilles.  That's surgery and a trip to Injured Reserve. 

Caught a glimpse of someone slow to get up 

 

As someone who has had Achilles issues this could stay with him for a while

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Who / What?

 

The latest news on Hyder, very bad news for Lions. Dr. Chao thinks it is ruptured Achilles.  That's surgery and a trip to Injured Reserve. 

pre-season.....

happened to a lineman in Chicago Thursday

 

...seems like such a waste...He could have been hurt on practice, its true...but No reason for 4 pre-season games

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

First. 

 

Starting Walker isn't a real option. Second Tolzien cannot keep a game close. Just stop. He has shown nothing in his play that suggests it either. He is a bad player.

Tolzien  played well against Pittsburgh last year and if we had any defense and any of our wr s made a play that would have been a close game. He isn't awful...but he isn't a qb you want starting multiple games...more a guy that could come in and finish a game if you had to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Bradford was the BEST deep ball passer in 2016, and Andrew Luck was a close second.  The OC is conservative, and/or Sam has to go to hot routes or check downs because the O line too often doesn't give him time for receivers to get open.  And the receivers have to get better at route running.  it's not all on Sam Bradford. It's a team game, and everyone has a job, and has to do it well.

 

We'll see.

 

That is what Jonathan Kinsley said. This would make me feel good if Bradford actually threw the ball deep. He hardly ever does...The OL always looks worse when he is in there because he does not move. 

 

Check out this QB for Detroit. He steps up and moves to try to make a play. That is what I want to see from Bradford. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

As far as the kickers situation I rather sacrifice some extra yardage on kickoff for some good punts. That means I'd keep Locke over Sanchez.

I want to see more from sanchez....I think he has potential to be real good....having teams start inside their 20 makes for a longer field for the defense....but yeah if he can't pick it up on his punts it's a mute point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

That is what Johnathan Kinsley said. This would make me feel good if he actually threw the ball deep. He hardly ever does...The OL always looks worse when he is in there because he does not move. 

 

Check out this QB for Detroit. He steps up and moves to try to make a play. That is what I want to see from Bradford. 

That will NEVER happen....He has suffered way too many injuries...bad ones...He is a pocket qb and not strong throwing on the move....but very accurate thrower...even deep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Tolzien  played well against Pittsburgh last year and if we had any defense and any of our wr s made a play that would have been a close game. He isn't awful...but he isn't a qb you want starting multiple games...more a guy that could come in and finish a game if you had to.

We were blown out and his rating was in the 60's 

 

All I remember we're dump offs that Pitt allowed all day as the pounded our receivers. I was scared he was going to cause them to get injured.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

We were blown out and his rating was in the 60's 

 

All I remember we're dump offs that Pitt allowed all day as the pounded our receivers. I was scared he was going to cause them to get injured.

You don't have a very good memory then. He moved the ball very well that game but we had many bad drops on big plsys...including TY. In the.end we got so far behind due to our inept defense and offense shooting itself in the foot...but no fault of Scotts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...