Colts Vs. Lions Preseason Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't think anyone is making excuses. We all saw the game. We stunk. But a preseason game is not enough to get worked up about, at least IMO. A lot of these guys playing terrible won't even be on the team 2-3 weeks from now.

Not getting worked up at all. 

Others are getting worked up because I am speaking the truth. 

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

JoJo Natson has a little Tyreek Hill in him. 

He deserves to stay another week. 

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He deserves to stay a lot longer 

You all (and others here) may or may not know...  The colts do not have to reduce the roster from 90 to 53 until 4:00 EST September 2, 2017.

There are no intermediate cut-down day(s) anymore.  Get to keep all 90 until 9/2/17 @4pm

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

You all (and others here) may or may not know...  The colts do not have to reduce the roster from 90 to 53 until 4:00 EST September 2, 2017.

There are no intermediate cut-down day(s) anymore.  Get to keep all 90 until 9/2/17 @4pm

Yeah. We knew that. 

Cut down day will be easy this year. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That is why I was surprised that the Bucs cut Aguayo. And reportedly put it on Hard Knocks!! How classy. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank God, at least I don't look bad now lmao 

Seems like there's been a lot of energy spent on selling Tolzien/Walker to Colts fans. Both failed my eye test today. There has also been a sales job to have us forget Morris. Well it's not working on me, I still like Morris better. What I saw looked more like rust from not getting reps in practice.

1 minute ago, Douzer said:

Seems like there's been a lot of energy spent on selling Tolzien/Walker to Colts fans. Both failed my eye test today. There has also been a sales job to have us forget Morris. Well it's not working on me, I still like Morris better. What I saw looked more like rust from not getting reps in practice.

Yeah. I agree. 

Makes ZERO sense to me either. 

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

What about Fitzpatrick? Isn't he available? He should at least be better than Tolzien.

Ryan Fitzpatrick from the New York Jets who now backs up Jameis Winston in Tampa Bay and replaces Mike Glennon in Chicago who replaces Jay Cutler who went to Miami to replace Ryan Tannehill who is injured.

57 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

If it were between Fitzpatrick and Bradford, I'd take the latter. No doubt about it

Oh, absolutely. Bradford is not that bad. He is just too conservative for me. I wish he would take more chances like Luck does. I dont mind Luck's INTs as much as others do; sometimes INTs are better than punts. Bradford does not show a sense of urgency when he should.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yes. I agree.

Detroit had a lot of guys look really good.

Correction: We made a lot of guys for Detroit look really good. 

Fairly easy to see that Detroit had much better overall talent on the second and third teams. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Oh, absolutely. Bradford is not that bad. He is just too conservative for me. I wish he would take more chances like Luck does. I don't mind INTs as much as others do. Bradford does not show a sense of urgency when he should.

You have to try to throw the ball down the field. My problem with Andrew though is that he tries it too much. I still think the Colts offense would be better suited to adapt to a shorter passing game plan

Just now, BlueShoe said:

Fairly easy to see that Detroit had much better overall talent on the second and third teams. 

That I agree with.  Our depth is not as deep as I thought it was.  There is a big drop-off from the 1's to the 2's.

Even saying that is only speculation, though, since we didn't see a lot of 1's play.  It could be worse... but it could also be better.  I just wish we could get rid of all of these injuries.  I know they happen, but you can't really evaluate a front line if it's not playing against other NFL 1's.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

You sound very disappointed. It will get better. Many of your starters did not play.

33 minutes ago, Douzer said:

Agree ^^^