Colts Vs. Lions Preseason Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is just the first preseason game. Wait til the third game.

20 seasons of preseason games - trust me, it doesn't matter.  This team, without its QB - Manning or Luck - has no prayer.  When they don't play, when they play sparingly in preseason, you see just how weak and thin these teams are.  Perhaps Ballard can change that with a few more drafts, but 2017 looks like the same old same old.

Pray Luck is back.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

20 seasons of preseason games - trust me, it doesn't matter.  This team, without its QB - Manning or Luck - has no prayer.  When they don't play, when they play sparingly in preseason, you see just how weak and thin these teams are.  Perhaps Ballard can change that with a few more drafts, but 2017 looks like the same old same old.

I agree for the most part. However, the lack of the ability to move the ball has been on the quarterbacks and o-lines run blocking. Defense has been stout, just on the field for 40 minutes of play. Allowing 24 points in that span isn't bad IMO. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Rick Venturi just said exactly what I am. 

This team ram will not have a lot of depth this year. We can't sugar coat that. 

Call it it like it is Colts fans! We are better than making excuses for this terrible performance. 

Ok we sucked, I get it. You do realize the year we won the SB we didn't win a game in pre-season. It's 1 game in pre-season.

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I'm not overly worried. This performance is terrible though. Have to be better. Much better

Vikings fans were complaining too. We won the game 17-10 but many thought that the Bills looked a lot better, especially their first team. Our pass rush was in mid-season form but we could not stop the run at all. Our first team offense, outside of what Dalvin Cook did, was uninspiring.

Let's see what happens the next two games. 

Has Mack made an appearance?

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Rick Venturi just said exactly what I am. 

This team ram will not have a lot of depth this year. We can't sugar coat that. 

Call it it like it is Colts fans! We are better than making excuses for this terrible performance. 

I don't think anyone is making excuses. We all saw the game. We stunk. But a preseason game is not enough to get worked up about, at least IMO. A lot of these guys playing terrible won't even be on the team 2-3 weeks from now.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Vikings fans were complaining too. We won the game 17-10 but many thought that the Bills looked a lot better, especially their first team. Our pass rush was in mid-season form but we could not stop the run at all. Our first team offense, outside of what Dalvin Cook did, was uninspiring.

I am not even worried at all. Once Luck gets healthy we will be fine.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No Mack hasn't made an appearance. I don't know why

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok we sucked, I get it. You do realize the year we won the SB we didn't win a game in pre-season. It's 1 game in pre-season.

Sure. I am well aware of that. 

You do do realize we had several highly paid players on those teams too, right?

When we pay about 10 players 70% of the salary then we have some excuse for the lack of depth. 

If if you can't see how bad the depth on this team is right now then you're blind as a bat!