Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Lions Preseason Game Day Thread

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

The 3rd play was on 3rd and 3 and they ran a smash concept against the Lions who play a lot of cover 2 with soft flats. 

And Doyle lost his footing or it might have been complete.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Why Chester Why

I'm fine with it in the preseason.  But if he pulls that in the regular season I'll have some stern words for him.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Plays are designed to get decent yards... IF everyone executes (beats their man). sometimes, no play whatsoever will work if you can't out execute the guy in front of you.  That is what coaches are looking at right now, now. Scores and wins are byproducts, not focus right now.

Good point... the defense rests

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Why Chester Why

Hopefully he learns quickly.  Poor decision there.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Luck was playing it would be 7-0 our lead. Simon and Vontae baby! Stafford is playing, kind of surprised but we picked him off.

Almost every starting quarterback played at least a series in the first preseason game this year. It's not surprising at all. If Luck was healthy, he would have played a series or two as well.

I really wanna see how Phillip Walker looks. There is a good chance that he surpasses Stephen Morris on the depth chart and gets stashed on the practice squad this year or we carry 3 QBs until there is more final word on Luck's return. 

On a separate and more immediate note, I am liking what I am seeing from the defense so far! The rookie CBs, Hairston and Wilson, had a couple good snaps!

1 minute ago, Johnny U. said:

Should have let that one alone.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Should have let that punt go into the end zone.

Agreed 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

EJ is struggling in the open field

Yep very lucky in that tackle against a second string TE. He gave up a lot of separation.

I'm no expert but looks like an Achilles injury. Tough break for Detroit 

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Almost every starting quarterback played at least a series in the first preseason game this year. It's not surprising at all. If Luck was healthy, he would have played a series or two as well.

Yeah they do but I thought Stafford had some kind of minor ankle injury? So I didn't think the Lions would even put him out there. Glad to see our D pick him off because he is Good.

Ugly punt