MTC

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Anyone will do better than Grigson, a 5 year old would be better than Grigson 

3 out of 4 1st rounders failed. Well, maybe 2 cause Dorsett is still TBD 

But he picked Bjoern Werner & Phillip Dorsett over Xavier Rhodes & Landon Collins. 

I'll never forgive him for that. Good riddance 

His last 2 drafts were solid though, I'll give him that. But it was too late then. 

dont forget, he passed on L'rell too.  could have had him for a 7th rounder......

I felt like Grigson was turning the corner a little bit and starting to learn. Once I found out he was gone I didn't feel like it was a mistake or anything.  Then when I saw the players perception of him I was comfortable that it happened.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

One more year of 75 yards or so a game? Regardless, the Colts are one dimensional and not a playoff team. It`s time to turn the page IMO. 

I have to study the College players a bit more before I can do a Mock but I wouldn't be against Drafting Cook at RB and then going after a couple of Edge Rushers in Rounds 2 and 3. Ballard may even be aggressive in Free Agency and snag someone like Berry who is with the Chiefs to help our Secondary out?

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

dont forget, he passed on L'rell too.  could have had him for a 7th rounder......

That one stung, but 30 other teams passed too so I won't really fault Grigson as much. But murder or not, he definitely could've took a stab (no pun intended) at Collins with a 7th rounder. They usually don't make the team anyway. 

But I'll never forget the heartbreak that draft night we passed on Xavier. Right college, absolutely wrong Player. 

Just picture a secondary with Vontae, Landon, Xavier...... and whoever the other safety would be. And then darius butler 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to study the College players a bit more before I can do a Mock but I wouldn't be against Drafting Cook at RB and then going after a couple of Edge Rushers in Rounds 2 and 3. Ballard may even be aggressive in Free Agency and snag someone like Berry who is with the Chiefs to help our Secondary out?

Plenty of pass rushers, I've already locked in on our 1st rounder being Dalvin 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see the Colts take a back early, but not in the 1st rd. J. Mixon in the 2nd would suit me fine. Fixing part of the defense with the Colts is fixing the running game. Sustaining longer drives and keeping the defense fresh certainly would help. As far as Berry, he is going to command to much money. Take that money and start with the front seven. Just my two cents!

50 minutes ago, Myles said:

20-0.    Where are all the people who wanted to keep Grigson?

Don't think anyone really wanted to keep Grigson - maybe last year.  I preferred Grigs to Pagano if one of them were to go, and I still stand by that.  But I wouldn't care if both go and worst case scenario, they both stayed.

But I think anyone could make a case for any of the 4 potential scenarios and people playing devil's advocate wasn't an act of protest so much as it was trying to bring a little reason.  As the beneficiary of a lot of "You're biased for Grigson, you can't see the truth" type of comments, I come to realize that ti's difficult to take a position without poeple thinking that's your belief - even when you put a disclaimer in front of it.

I voted the same, not because I think Ballard is as good as Grigson, but I need to see more from Pagano before I can be sold on this move.  Pagano's on a short leash, so he's not going get some windfall of player talent in one offseason.  He'll get some help and if it's any help at all, Pagano should perform better as HC.  

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I voted the same, not because I think Ballard is as good as Grigson, but I need to see more from Pagano before I can be sold on this move.  Pagano's on a short leash, so he's not going get some windfall of player talent in one offseason.  He'll get some help and if it's any help at all, Pagano should perform better as HC.  

Nooooooo, not a tie! (sarcasm) We had 43-0.

9 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I would love to see the Colts take a back early, but not in the 1st rd. J. Mixon in the 2nd would suit me fine. Fixing part of the defense with the Colts is fixing the running game. Sustaining longer drives and keeping the defense fresh certainly would help. As far as Berry, he is going to command to much money. Take that money and start with the front seven. Just my two cents!

I don't think Mixon goes that high atleast I hope not!!

11 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

That one stung, but 30 other teams passed too so I won't really fault Grigson as much. But murder or not, he definitely could've took a stab (no pun intended) at Collins with a 7th rounder. They usually don't make the team anyway. 

But I'll never forget the heartbreak that draft night we passed on Xavier. Right college, absolutely wrong Player. 

Just picture a secondary with Vontae, Landon, Xavier...... and whoever the other safety would be. And then darius butler 

i was screaming for him to pick Collins that night. But yes, Rhodes was there for the picking. 
Oh well, lets hope ballard is smarter

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Way to kill the poll........ :censored:

17 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

No one took the chance on Lael Collins because there were reports he would refuse to play if drafted and just wait it out for the draft the next yr if he couldnt have his pick of which team to play for. 

Would have been a wasted pick. 

Just now, SaturdayAllDay said:

No one took the chance on Lael Collins because there were reports he would refuse to play if drafted and just wait it out for the draft the next yr if he couldnt have his pick of which team to play for. 

and who did we get with that 7th rounder?  cant recall but im guessing it was someone not on the team now anyway

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nooooooo, not a tie! (sarcasm) We had 43-0.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Way to kill the poll........ :censored:

lol honestly wasn't my intent.  But I am a lawyer, I argue the opposite side just because I think it should sometimes.  I may agree with the majority on some things, but I hate group thought more than anything...

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

lol honestly wasn't my intent.  But I am a lawyer, I argue the opposite side just because I think it should sometimes.  I may agree with the majority on some things, but I hate group thought more than anything...

But this poll wasn't about Coaching, it was about the GM spot

19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Don't think anyone really wanted to keep Grigson - maybe last year.  I preferred Grigs to Pagano if one of them were to go, and I still stand by that.  But I wouldn't care if both go and worst case scenario, they both stayed.

But I think anyone could make a case for any of the 4 potential scenarios and people playing devil's advocate wasn't an act of protest so much as it was trying to bring a little reason.  As the beneficiary of a lot of "You're biased for Grigson, you can't see the truth" type of comments, I come to realize that ti's difficult to take a position without poeple thinking that's your belief - even when you put a disclaimer in front of it.

Or that one mention of something even remotely positive about grigson meant you were one the "grigson sympathizers" 

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

So you think Ballard will be a cluster %$#@ like Grigson?  

lol of course not.  I think he will be better - he should be anyway.  But I think this team's problems were more at HC than I think they were at the GM.  At the very least, equally so.  So I think that Ballard could draft better, but unless Pagano shows me he can be a better coach than he has, I think our struggles will continue.  I'm not sold on Pagano as a SB caliber HC.

Just now, csmopar said:

But this poll wasn't about Coaching, it was about the GM spot

Yes, but the two are intrinsically intertwined.  They work the draftboards together and while the GM isn't bound to do what Pagano says, the players he puts on the team are entrusted to Pagano afterward, and I'm not sure Pagano is the guy that can get us where we want to go.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol of course not.  I think he will be better - he should be anyway.  But I think this team's problems were more at HC than I think they were at the GM.  At the very least, equally so.  So I think that Ballard could draft better, but unless Pagano shows me he can be a better coach than he has, I think our struggles will continue.  I'm not sold on Pagano as a SB caliber HC.

None of us are. Not even Irsay. :)

6 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

again WHO CARES? It was a 7th rounder 90% of then don't even make the roster in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I think this teams problems were having an absolutely terrible oline AND defense. Seriously how do people think Pagano is supposed to do good when we have absolute trash on the field. I agree he might not be a SB coach, but you cant cook without ingredients. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I Don't know?

He's never done this before. His next pick will be his first ever.

Hopefully he will be at least better than griggs. I'm hoping he's as good or better than Polian was in his early years.

A first time general manager but he at least has front office experience being director of players for KC where Grigson was just a scout for the eagles and the Chiefs have gotten better every year under Ballard and GM Dorsey so we could have hired much worst in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

No one is lol