Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Chris Ballard as GM [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was one of the candidates I liked most.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/15/nfl-general-manager-candidates-2017

Chiefs VP of player personnel Chris Ballard: Kansas City’s continued success only enhanced the candidacy of an exec who’s been on the cusp for some time. Bonus to hiring him: Widely held belief he’d swiftly assemble a robust scouting staff.

Bringing in a robust scouting staff would be great.  That's something we've been missing for the last few years, so I'm excited for what Ballard brings to the table.

Just now, Solon said:

Hopefully he's able to get us some good players. We're not that far off ladies and gentlemen. We're not that FAR off. A couple of play-makers on the defensive side of the ball and we're back baby!

I agree, it may take more than 1 Draft but with Andrew Luck we can still go 10-6 if we have any kind of Defense.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I wonder what this means for Pagano.  Is the writing on the wall for him that this is his last season?

If I had to guess based off reports, Ballard will have one year to evaluate Pagano to see if he's the right coach for this team. 

Very exciting times ahead for the Colts.

Ballard has the experience and track record that Grigson did not. From what I've been reading about Ballard he seems like the right man. Will be interesting to see what happens with Pagano now.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wonder what this means for Pagano.  Is the writing on the wall for him that this is his last season?

His days are probably numbered. He may be the Coach in 2017 but if he doesn't win the Division and win a Playoff game I would bet he's gone. I have to give Irsay huge credit here, he isn't messing around and doesn't tolerate losing. I really didn't think he would fire Grigson to begin with.

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

If I had to guess based off reports, Ballard will have one year to evaluate Pagano to see if he's the right coach for this team. 

If he has his heart set on Toub already, I wonder if this year is just a technicality or Pagano is just here because it's what Irsay wants.  It could be a situation where anything less than 12 wins and making it to the conference championship game (not very likely with the state of the roster) means Pagano's gone