Pat Mcaffe did not hold back about Grigson LOL

ColtsPacersfan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Bed time, my friend. 

I'll give you a shout when Grigson gets his next job...

Of course, with future employment we're probably talking about assembling a Big Mac or possibly something preternatural.

Well, if you knew anything, you would know that is actually not bed time where I am. But clearly you don't. 

Pat's comments were unprofessional. It does somewhat reflect poorly on him and on the Colts to trash the GM on the day he was fired. I don't think it's a gigantic problem or anything, and just because I don't think he played this right doesn't mean he's classless or a bad person. 

6 hours ago, dudeski said:

he is an employee of the colts and should keep his mouth shut about it.  

Are you one of the last cheerleaders for Grigano?  Honest question.  I can't remember.  Either way, most of us are going to sleep a little bit happier tonight.  

Pat's comments were unprofessional. It does somewhat reflect poorly on him and on the Colts to trash the GM on the day he was fired. I don't think it's a gigantic problem or anything, and just because I don't think he played this right doesn't mean he's classless or a bad person. 

Even in dismissing him Irsay was sure to heap praise on grigson, which leads me to feel like maybe this decision was made based on the kinds of things we haven't seen (the kinds of things Pat alluded to) rather than the things we did see. The reactions of Reggie Wayne, Jarrell Freeman, and Winston Guy don't seem to cast a glowing review on him, either, and they all have the in-house experience to cast that review. I'd say Pat wil get a talking to from someone, but I doubt it'll be much beyond that, because I'm guessing there is a line of guys, and possibly a very lengthy one, who would sign their name on those comments as well.

I think people have got a little over excited about this, I certainly didn't expect to see references to slavery when I clicked the title!

Back on track..

Did I find Pat's tweets funny? Yes

Do I think it was unprofessional? Yes

Do I think that he maybe shouldn't have done it? Yes

Does that make me a Grigson lover? No

Am I going to lose much sleep over it? No

It's telling that so many people are willing to break the unwritten rule and dance on Grigson's grave. 

6 hours ago, dudeski said:

giving to charity (when you are a millionaire and need tax write offs) does not make it ok to speak ill of the organization you work for no reason.  just be happy and keep your mouth shut.  

players have a personal investment in the team.  grigson or any gm has to make business decisions that probably * off the players.  they cut their friends, don't give them the contract they want, or what have you.  there are many reason why players could be mad about grigson that is emotional and doesn't take into account the business aspect of the sport.  

when they do this it hurts grisons, and the colts to an extent, public image and may be a detriment to him finding a new job to support his family.  how would these players like it if grigson went to the media now and talked % on them for things?  

mcafee should shut his mouth.  

Pat does more than enough charity and spends more than enough money to exceed what he gets back on tax write offs.  Do some resarch.  And I couldn't care less if Grigs' public image is hurt.  

Grigson fans' tears taste so good by the way.  

4 hours ago, dudeski said:

everything i have said was right.  and i forgive you for your earlier statement.

but we both know i am right about this.  everyone does.  

Wrong.  Step off your high horse.  I'm sorry that we don't all have the same "morals" and "integrity" as Reverend Dudeski.

2 hours ago, dudeski said:

i thought you were done with me, buck

but anyway.  am i doing comedy shows in the indy area?  no sir.  i am not

What's wrong with doing comedy shows?  Pat is funny.  You are not.  Maybe if a lot of people found you funny, you could do some comedy shows yourself.  Damn, you are really looking for any reason that you can to trash Pat.  I know Grigs was your boy, but he'll land on his feet.  Made quite a bit of money for doing a * poor job over the last five years.  

3 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

Pat does more than enough charity and spends more than enough money to exceed what he gets back on tax write offs.  Do some resarch.  And I couldn't care less if Grigs' public image is hurt.  

Grigson fans' tears taste so good by the way.  

Grigson needed to get fired.  I am happy he is gone.

While some may think it lacked "class" for him to voice his opinion publicly,  what it did for me was validate the way I've felt for the past several years.    

I no longer feel guilty for the feelings I had about Grigson, knowing the majority of the team and organization shared my feeling.     It is what it is.   

11 hours ago, dudeski said:

giving to charity (when you are a millionaire and need tax write offs) does not make it ok to speak ill of the organization you work for no reason.  just be happy and keep your mouth shut.  

players have a personal investment in the team.  grigson or any gm has to make business decisions that probably * off the players.  they cut their friends, don't give them the contract they want, or what have you.  there are many reason why players could be mad about grigson that is emotional and doesn't take into account the business aspect of the sport.  

when they do this it hurts grisons, and the colts to an extent, public image and may be a detriment to him finding a new job to support his family.  how would these players like it if grigson went to the media now and talked % on them for things?  

mcafee should shut his mouth.  

10 hours ago, dudeski said:

at one point in our history, the vast majority thought slavery was cool.  the vast majority isn't always correct.

what did mcafee gain by publicly celebrating a man (his former boss who i believe signed him to a multi-million dollar contact)  losing his job?  did he hurt grigson?  yeah.  he very well could have.  

did grigson go on social media and + at mcafee when he shanked a punt?  did polian ridicule mcafee when he was arrested?  

nothing to do with integrity?  isn't integrity all about doing the right thing? about being a bigger man?  you blast this dude now, after he is gone?  why not last year when he was still here?  or 2 weeks ago?  

you people may like mcafee and hate grigson and that is fine.  you are fans.  but as decent humans, you and mcafee are wrong.  

YOU NEED TO GET DOWN! YOUR HORSE IS TOO HIGH!!!

Seriously, this is football, not national security.  What did you expect?  Pat McAfee is an entertainer that has more in common with Real Housewives than Washington Suits.  Do you want all of our entertainers to "Be happy and shut your mouth"? ... hmmm, that sounds like something that would have been said to slaves... or any dissident unhappy with the status quo.

What's that line from Gladiator?  "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?"  Cuz if you're not, switch over to C-SPAN.  You can watch happy Suits keep their mouth shut when questioned by an investigative panel, and do so with integrity.

I find all of this extremely entertaining.  Thank you Boomstick.

P.S. - I think the "classy" thing a "decent" human being would have done in this situation is NOT get on an online forum to scold people.  That lacks integrity.  Just be happy and keep your mouth shut.

Wow... So much butthurt in here over a couple tweets... Maybe ya'll should invest in some icepacks to help cool that off...

McAfee has ALWAYS been an outspoken kind of guy that shoots from the hip.  It's not like he was dropping F bombs or using inappropriate language.  Is it always the smartest move to shoot your mouth off on social media about your former boss?  No, probably not.  But does it mean he lacks integrity and morals?  Give me a break.  The guy does more for the veteran community that most other players in the NFL.  THAT shows his class and his integrity.  Not a couple tweets.

You guys need to chillax and stop all the preaching.  Its football.  Just a game. 

14 hours ago, dudeski said:

he is an employee of the colts and should keep his mouth shut about it.  

I believe he has a 1st amendment right...

Also, you must not follow Pat on twitter, he routinely tells people who disagree with him to eat "%" It's just who Pat is as a person, I applaud it. This country needs more people who are willing to speak the truth, no matter how offensive.

And this was problem a big part of the problem,Players werent allowed to speak their minds in fear of grigson being a jack butt,Im sure they arent worried about one of you bumbling fools whining about it,but everyone has to whine about something or the other,get back in your * bubble and wait until august.

Should applaud Pat for having the balls to say what everyone in the damn locker room/forum was thinking,we can sit around as fans and bash every player,gm,coach that walks through the door,but as soon as a players whose actually in the situation deeper than us speaks out people want to bring out the pitchforks,the # kind of sense does that make, if you judge a player over a few tweets than you got bigger problems,i was glad he spoke out,as "fans" wouldnt you want some of the personal inside scoops,the tweets made me laugh and was glad to see it was really that bad not just the sugar coated media nonesense

28 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

I look at Pat's tweets and laugh. I think he said what everyone else, including players, were thinking. 

Should he have done it? Na, probably not, but it's Pat. Still funny though. 

He's a great punter but I don't find him funny in the least , it must just be me. It kind of reflects badly on the Colts as a Mickey Mouse organization when the Punter is throwing shade at an outgoing GM. I don't have anything against Pat , he's good at what he does, but I believe as an active player it would have served him well to keep it to himself. 

6 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Even in dismissing him Irsay was sure to heap praise on grigson, which leads me to feel like maybe this decision was made based on the kinds of things we haven't seen (the kinds of things Pat alluded to) rather than the things we did see. The reactions of Reggie Wayne, Jarrell Freeman, and Winston Guy don't seem to cast a glowing review on him, either, and they all have the in-house experience to cast that review. I'd say Pat wil get a talking to from someone, but I doubt it'll be much beyond that, because I'm guessing there is a line of guys, and possibly a very lengthy one, who would sign their name on those comments as well.

Exactly. That is the only logical conclusion. Look at the facts. Last year they were both rewarded new long term contracts and supposedly tied to the hip. This season's (2016) draft and free agency overall were I would say pretty good in terms of projecting long term on the Oline , though it's early . Unfortunately they have so many holes as a team and the rookies were rookies . But there is hope there with a few guys they just drafted. Paganos ability to put the team in a position to win , adjustments , having the team ready to play, were sorely lacking this season. It's not a stretch to say Grigson had a better year than Pagano by a lot probably. All of a sudden Irsay says they are no longer tied together and fires Grigson after a period of reflection. The only sensible explanation in my mind is the guy was intolerable , there was a sort of mutiny against him and his behavior. 

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

It's telling that so many people are willing to break the unwritten rule and dance on Grigson's grave. 

This was my thought. If that many guys were willing to break that unwritten rule, you know he had to be THAT bad. Was it the most appropriate thing to do? Maybe not... Could it hurt his chances finding more work in the NFL? Sure, but maybe he shouldn't have been such a $%&# to so many people and apparently a cancer in the building. Just consider them professional references from prior employment.

12 hours ago, dudeski said:

at one point in our history, the vast majority thought slavery was cool.  the vast majority isn't always correct.

what did mcafee gain by publicly celebrating a man (his former boss who i believe signed him to a multi-million dollar contact)  losing his job?  did he hurt grigson?  yeah.  he very well could have.  

did grigson go on social media and + at mcafee when he shanked a punt?  did polian ridicule mcafee when he was arrested?  

nothing to do with integrity?  isn't integrity all about doing the right thing? about being a bigger man?  you blast this dude now, after he is gone?  why not last year when he was still here?  or 2 weeks ago?  

you people may like mcafee and hate grigson and that is fine.  you are fans.  but as decent humans, you and mcafee are wrong.  

I don't agree with most of your posts.  But I'll say that I agree with most of this one.  Just keep the slavery stuff out of it.  This doesn't compare at all and isn't really applicable.  It's very telling when class acts like Reggie Wayne have something  to say about Grigson 

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I also don't get the "best friend" reference in one of the tweets.

I think Dan Dakich and Grigson must be good friends.  Or at least that's the insinuation.  

41 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I believe he has a 1st amendment right...

Also, you must not follow Pat on twitter, he routinely tells people who disagree with him to eat "%" It's just who Pat is as a person, I applaud it. This country needs more people who are willing to speak the truth, no matter how offensive.

he has the right to say what he wants.

and irsay has the right to fine him for it.  this country needs more class.  not pat mcafee

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I don't agree with most of your posts.  But I'll say that I agree with most of this one.  Just keep the slavery stuff out of it.  This doesn't compare at all and isn't really applicable.  It's very telling when class acts like Reggie Wayne have something  to say about Grigson 

I think Dan Dakich and Grigson must be good friends.  Or at least that's the insinuation.  

slavery happened dude.  it was an example of sometimes the majority is not correct.  there is nothing edgy or political about it.  just simple history that we learn in the 3rd grade.  i think adults can handle the mention of a historical event.

18 minutes ago, Shive said:

This was my thought. If that many guys were willing to break that unwritten rule, you know he had to be THAT bad. Was it the most appropriate thing to do? Maybe not... Could it hurt his chances finding more work in the NFL? Sure, but maybe he shouldn't have been such a $%&# to so many people and apparently a cancer in the building. Just consider them professional references from prior employment.

or maybe mcafee and reggie wayne dislike him for personal reasons and have hurt feelings because of a business decision that was made.  

12 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Dakich says he never met him. 

10 hours ago, dudeski said:

but you don't get that tony dungy wouldn't have done it.  manning wouldn't have done it.  

"Here we are," Manning said. "I'm out at my third Pro Bowl, I'm about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we're honoring the Hall of Fame, and we're talking about our * kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off.

"The sad thing is, he's a good kicker. He's a good kicker. But he's an *."

http://static.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0202/1503003.html

18 minutes ago, dudeski said:

or maybe mcafee and reggie wayne dislike him for personal reasons and have hurt feelings because of a business decision that was made.  

Dudeski Ive always enjoyed reading your posts, even if I don't necessarily agree with what you're saying, like right now.

You're right, many of us are Mcafee fans and are going to stick up for him, but more info on Grigs is going to come out that will justify his dismissal. There is alot of shade being thrown his way right now, and I don't feel bad for him one bit, he's a millionaire, he'll be alright.

Just now, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Dudeski Ive always enjoyed reading your posts, even if I don't necessarily agree with what you're saying, like right now.

You're right, many of us are Mcafee fans and are going to stick up for him, but more info on Grigs is going to come out that will justify his dismissal. There is alot of shade being thrown his way right now, and I don't feel bad for him one bit, he's a millionaire, he'll be alright.

grigson's dismissal was justified.  mcafees public response was not.  

41 minutes ago, dudeski said:

slavery happened dude.  it was an example of sometimes the majority is not correct.  there is nothing edgy or political about it.  just simple history that we learn in the 3rd grade.  i think adults can handle the mention of a historical event.

It's also not an applicable comparison to what we're discussing.  

Plenty of historical examples of the majority being correct and not having to do with the enslavement of our fellow man 

15 hours ago, dudeski said:

is he still cashing his paychecks from the colts?

you don't publicly trash employees or former employees.  

i believe it is called class

I don't believe you don't have class for throwing barbs at an former employee because the guy was a jerk Grigson was nothing but a cancer.

14 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

It's also not an applicable comparison to what we're discussing.  

Plenty of historical examples of the majority being correct and not having to do with the enslavement of our fellow man 

you can't hide from history, man.  

not sure what your deal is here.  any example of the majority being wrong was applicable because homeboy up there was trying to make a point that the opinion of the majority was relevant in right and wrong.  

We all have said and done things we aren't proud of. I think later on Pat may feel differently about going public with all this. He may be right some of it may be true but there was nothing to gain in doing this. It doesn't make the "shoe" look good it doesn't help the organization. Some feelings don't belong on twitter. I support our team and players but I don't think Pat did the right thing. He loves attention and it showed with this. He took a situation that had nothing to do with him and in reality is a sobering event and put the spot light on himself and kicked a guy that was down. I know Reggie is in the media and people follow him for his news and opinions that is his new job but Pat is a kicker and employee of the Colts and has an obligation to the team and spouting off doesn't help the team or image of the Colts. Ryan obviously had some issues with how he handled and dealt with people in the organization and clearly his performance wasn't up to the standard we set for the Colts but neither was Pats actions. Unfortunately Pats actions tell me a lot about his character and hopefully he will apologize. Its over now but I like to try to take the high road...when you go low you just get dirty and look dirty. Now Pat looks as bad as how he said Grigson was acting.