Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson fired.

Dustin

I think this franchise deserves a better fan base.     I've been away for some of the day and have gone through most of the thread.      Some of the most embarrassing posts in the nearly 5 years I've been here.

The amount of posters who simply don't know how a football team is run.     Embarrassing.

One poster,  who is normally a pretty bright guy,  called Chuck Pagano.....    a Cancer.

And then defended it.       And then mocked people who were bothered by it.

If I were a moderator,  I'd throw him off the site.

Jim Irsay gives fans here a chance to speak their mind.    He gives you a forum to say most anything you want.   And some of you literally spit insult after insult at hm.    He's not obligated to have this section of the website.   He doesn't have to have a fan message board section.     He could close it down anytime he wanted.      Many of the NFL websites do not have a message board section for their fans.

But he lets you speak your minds.    And people here say the most ridiculous, insulting things about him, his family,   his franchise........     and he puts up with it.       I'm not sure I would if I were the owner.

I think many of you are completely unworthy of this team.     You haven't earned it.     You haven't been through bad times.     You don't know what bad times are here.    Not a clue.     

I think this franchise deserves better fans....................

There's a nice group of some seriously smart people.   They are a pleasure to read.    But unfortunately,  there's a bigger group of people who don't know football and don't seem interested in learning more about football.      They wrote nonsense when I showed up in 2012,  and now, nearly 5 years later,  they're still posting nonsense.    Nothing has changed and they ruin things for everyone else.

And Irsay, the man so many of you spit on,  puts up with it.     Why,  I'll never know.....?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think this franchise deserves a better fan base.     I've been away for some of the day and have gone through most of the thread.      Some of the most embarrassing posts in the nearly 5 years I've been here.

The amount of posters who simply don't know how a football team is run.     Embarrassing.

One poster,  who is normally a pretty bright guy,  called Chuck Pagano.....    a Cancer.

Jim Irsay gives fans here a chance to speak their mind.    He gives you a forum to say most anything you want.   And some of you literally spit insult after insult at hm.    He's not obligated to have this section of the website.   He doesn't have to have a fan message board section.     He could close it down anytime he wanted.      Many of the NFL websites do not have a message board section for their fans.

But he lets you speak your minds.    And people here say the most ridiculous, insulting things about him, his family,   his franchise........     and he puts up with it.       I'm not sure I would if I were the owner.

I think many of you are completely unworthy of this team.     You haven't earned it.     You haven't been through bad times.     You don't know what bad times are here.    Not a clue.     

There's a nice group of some seriously smart people.   They are a pleasure to read.    But unfortunately,  there's a bigger group of people who don't know football and don't seem interested in learning more about football.      They wrote nonsense when I showed up in 2012,  and now, nearly 5 years later,  they're still posting nonsense.    Nothing has changed and they ruin things for everyone else.

And Irsay, the man so many of you spit on,  puts up with it.     Why,  I'll never know.....?

NCF this site is very mild and tame compared to sites of other teams..Visit a Jets, Browns, or Steelers site to gain perspective..This is as PG as it gets...It's the nature of the beast don't take it personal or get offended..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

NCF this site is very mild and tame compared to sites of other teams..Visit a Jets, Browns, or Steelers site to gain perspective..This is as PG as it gets...

Perehaps,  but the level of ignorance here that is celebrated is astonishing....

And the amount of disrespect to the owner that has given Indianapolis the 2nd most wins in the NFL over a nearly 20 year period is shameful.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Perehaps,  but the level of ignorance here that is celebrated is astonishing....

And the amount of disrespect to the owner that has given Indianapolis the 2nd most wins in the NFL over a nearly 20 year period is shameful.

Look up the definition of "fanatic"..

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wait till the Patriots start to struggle eventually, and then pay a visit to their forum...This will look like the Disney channel in comparison..

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I mean, that's the internet mate... They're everywhere. Uneducated and biased, unable to have an open mind to things... Look at how the country is... 

Might as well say that our planet deserves better humans... Which is, 

... never mind...

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I mean, that's the internet mate... They're everywhere. Uneducated and biased, unable to have an open mind to things... Look at how the country is... 

Might as well say that our planet deserves better humans... Which is, 

... never mind...

Thank you!

This is a good post,  and I needed it.     I needed it badly,  so I appreciate it!

You get my favorite post of the day award......       :colts:

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

"Rolls eyes and continues to read everyone's messages, not taking them personally nor having their day ruined but using the site as entertainment... pauses thinks about this post again... rolls eyes again and laughs."

Like seriously dude I don't agree with half of what has been said but everyone can think however they want.

Get over yourself or leave us trash fans to entertain each other with our fandom.  Or y'know just reply to those "members" you respect and ignore the rest.  

With lucks surgery, keeping the coaches intact is the smartest thing to do. Also gives the opportunity to see how pagano + the team perform without grigson. Grigson might have been that much of a cancer in the lockerroom/building that it impcted the teams performance, effort, and focus 

3 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

"Rolls eyes and continues to read everyone's messages, not taking them personally nor having their day ruined but using the site as entertainment... pauses thinks about this post again... rolls eyes again and laughs."

Like seriously dude I don't agree with half of what has been said but everyone can think however they want.

Get over yourself or leave us trash fans to entertain each other with our fandom.  Or y'know just reply to those "members" you respect and ignore the rest.  

I did just as you asked....

I didn't respond to anyone.       My post here that you quoted was just posted and not directly in response to a specific post.      There were too many bad ones to single out one or two....

Hey,  keep celebrating....   party all night....    party all off-season.

But I think my post is pretty spot on...

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I did just as you asked....

I didn't respond to anyone.       My post here that you quoted was just posted and not directly in response to a specific post.      There were too many bad ones to single out one or two....

Hey,  keep celebrating....   party all night....    party all off-season.

But I think my post is pretty spot on...

Lol

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Know nothing about football?  That's good coming from a guy who defended Richardson until the day his name was etched in his grave stone.

I'm not gonna lie, and no one else will say this, but I don't care.  You and a few from your clique... for years, you brow beat anyone who criticized Grigson.

You were wrong.  The critics were right.  

Stop crying, face reality and move on in the post-Grigson world. 

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Calls out entire fan base and singles out instances but because it isn't directly replied he isn't actually doing what he's doing...

See what I did there? Lol

Do I see what you did there?

You mean,  get it wrong?       Sure,  I saw that.     I wasn't surprised.

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

Know nothing about football?  That's good coming from a guy who defended Richardson until the day his name was etched in his grave stone.

I'm not gonna lie, and no one else will say this, but I don't care.  You and a few from your clique... for years, you brow beat anyone who criticized Grigson.

You were wrong.  The critics were right.  

Stop crying, face reality and move on in the post-Grigson world. 

For a person who has a profile that says you joined in August of 2015,  you sure seem to know what my positions were for the last 5 years?

Hmmmm?

I've said repeatedly for the last year that I was fine with Grigson being fired.     Funny how you don't seem to know that.      A year's worth of posting that and it's all lost on you.      I haven't shed a single tear.

I think you don't know what you think you know,  but that's true of many posters here.

2 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Maybe some of it is nonsense, but if you think Irsay was traveling around the league just getting advice from  guys like Gruden and Manning, etc . I've got some beachfront property in Arizona. It was a total damage control presser because admitting these things that were reported reflects poorly on Irsay. The bottom line is Grigson is gone though, which is good. 

None of it reflects poorly on irsay.   My point is that grigson wasn't the sticking point in any hire.   I'm pretty sure he went after Gruden and peyton,   but the thought that grigson was the reason they didn't get hired was nonsense

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course the team was flawed.

But that would mean that Chuck Pagano took a flawed team to the AFC Championship just 3 years after it was practically taken down to nothing.   

Whoops!      Did you just compliment Chuck Pagano?      I didn't think so.

No one fires a GM whose flawed team goes to the AFC Championship.

The team was practically rebuilt from nothing.    Of course it was flawed.     There was no way it wasn't going to be flawed.     That's why it lost 45-9.      We were a bunch of over-achievers.

But it's doubtful that any GM in the history of the NFL gets fired after his first three years going 33-15 in the regular season and 3-3 in the playoffs.       They get new contracts.     Or are you too unfamiliar with sports in general and the NFL in specific to know this?

Ya by then he had 3 years at that time to make this team a legit contender he failed badly so I'm not surprised he got the boot and in those 3 years in the postseason the games we lost we played worst every year so your talking about that like we won something we didn't win anything. I know more than enough about sports that if your team doesn't get better each season under that leadership then the coach and GM don't deserve new contracts  they deserve to be fired understand this cause clearly you don't get it blame is going to go on the coach and general manager when you miss the postseason.  

7 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya by then he had 3 years at that time to make this team a legit contender he failed badly so I'm not surprised he got the boot and in those 3 years in the postseason the games we lost we played worst every year so your talking about that like we won something we didn't win anything. I know more than enough about sports that if your team doesn't get better each season under that leadership then the coach and GM don't deserve new contracts  they deserve to be fired understand this cause clearly you don't get it blame is going to go on the coach and general manager when you miss the postseason.  

He failed badly?     The Colts went to the AFC Championship and he failed badly?

You can't say these things and ask to be taken seriously.      You can't say say he took his 3rd year team that he built from scratch to the AFC Championship and lost and therefor he failed badly.      That's illogical.     No one builds a team in 3 years.      It's why GM's and HC's don't sign 3 year contracts.    Time is needed.

We can talk about the two 8-8 seasons some other team,  because right now you're drowning in a sea of nonsense.      No one who takes a team to the AFC Championship after 3 years gets fired --- period, end of story.  

Once you learn that,  we can go on from there,  but until you do,  then you don't understand the world that your criticizing.   

4 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

NCF this site is very mild and tame compared to sites of other teams..Visit a Jets, Browns, or Steelers site to gain perspective..This is as PG as it gets...It's the nature of the beast don't take it personal or get offended..

Yeah. We need to be more hardcore from the fan base to the players. I wanna be the new age Raiders. Win at all cost, winning is all that matters, etc. That kind of mentality. But hey! I'm a UK basketball fan and we're the biggest *s in the world including Bama Football LOL. If you're gonna be a fan you should be all in. Be a hardcore fan.

6 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Did Gruden deny talking to Irsay, or did he deny talking to Irsay about coaching the Colts specifically???

Neither. Gruden is only quoted as saying "I know nothing. I've told people, I'm not coaching. I'm a broadcaster, I'm not a coach."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/14/report-jim-irsay-did-reach-out-to-jon-gruden-who-said-no/

9 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

This thread is funny. Before I go on, no tears from me over this news. 

You are all latching onto players and ex players who don't like him. Some who were cut, some in the future who now have an excuse for crapping it up on the field....

Let's bringback ol' Bill. Do you forget how much he messed up during his last few years, including nepotism, giving up on perfection, and his bullying which had staff celebrating in the corridors when he was fired....

'Lets go draft some great players and be great again'. Em, not as easy as you think, this drafting malarkey. 

Finally, whoever we get, may well be worse. As Peyton once said, 'be careful what you wish for'.....

Oh, and let's celebrate our fan who wants to punch a man who apprantly was just not very good at his job. Classy.

I'll keep my fingers crossed we make good choices. Sorry, you may now all continue with your celebrations.....

Correct, "latching on" to players like Reggie Wayne, one of the most well-liked and respected Colts to ever put on a jersey.  Many of us put a lot of stock in his opinion.  He was also one of the classiest players that the Colts ever had.

8 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Chuck and Jimmy Raye? Let the celebrations begin. You lads are funny......

What's wrong with Jimmy Rate?  Wow, I can tell this news is really getting to you.  You've got to be either a family member or a personal friend of Grigs.  It's the only explanation for your constant defense of him.  Either that, or you don't know football.  Take your pick.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This isn't a hard day for me.     I've stated repeatedly that I'm fine with Grigson getting fired.    Totally OK with it.

But the membership sometimes gets carried away.......    Irsay just made note of how people are celebrating Grigson's firing and how unfortunate that aspect is.....

Just one of those days.....

I'm fine....

What's wrong with celebrating?  He was one of the problems that was holding back this team.  Forgive me, I'm not going to feel bad for a guy that sucked at his job and still made more money than most of us will see in a lifetime.  

I'm curious to see how the situation shakes out. It appears they are trying to keep the changes as minimal as possible with not a lot of overhaul in the other areas of the front office.

Just a very curious situation.

I don't think grigson was let go based simply on his job performance. Something else played heavily into this in my opinion. It does not take 3 weeks to determine that a GM isn't the right man for his team, and finally come to that conclusion early on a Saturday afternoon.

Irsay says pagano is safe, and I've gotta say I believe him. He has no reason to lie and say otherwise. When Polian was fired in 2011 Irsay made it clear that Caldwell's future was up to the new GM. That's not the case here though, and I believe that whoever takes that job is going to have to give pagano at least 12 months.

This just isn't the usual GM firing that you see in sports...

52 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

What's wrong with celebrating?  He was one of the problems that was holding back this team.  Forgive me, I'm not going to feel bad for a guy that sucked at his job and still made more money than most of us will see in a lifetime.  

49-31 in 5 years.

33-15 in his first 3 years with a team he had to strip down to almost nothing and then rebuild.

16-16 his last two years.

Zero years under 500.

Most people don't get fired for that,  they get promoted or a new contract.   But rarely does that get them fired.

There is nothing in there that says he sucks at his job.      Nothing.

He may not have been good enough,  and he made too many mistakes to retain his job,  but he simply didn't suck at his job.     There's no argument for it.

I don't mind people being happy about it,  but there have been so many terrible posts here that there are simply too many to count....

I get that this is the ugly side of being a fan,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it....

11 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

You and literally probably 4 other posters think that Dorset was a good pick. Everyone else on the board and off knows it was a terrible pick, there was other options. Obvious ones. So I don't think you know that much. 

Not everything is black or white.  I (and there may well be others) don't fit in to the great pick / terrible pick category.   I fit in to the "You caught me off guard, again" pick.  The last time was Bjorn Werner, when I expected Rhodes.  That one did not pan out.  They said Dorsett was a Round 1 talent (implying the only round 1 talent left) on the board at the end of round 1 selections and could not be passed up.  So I am in wait and see mode.  I realized they did not address an immediate need and took a player that may eventually be a Superstar, but possibly not pay off for 3-4 years. This is a point that I think upsets most of the fan base.  Now that two sub par years have passed, those flame have been fanned higher still.

I am not a scout, and while I will look through tape etc, I do not know all of the detailed techniques players use at each position to determine who stands out above their peers, etc.  Our F.O and felt Dorsett did. Now we are not sure if it will pay off at all.  Even the pro's miss, but they miss much less than I would, for sure. I give draft  choices to the end of year 3 before grading it, so we are coming up on that fast.  Hindsight is 20-20.

Even though I am a fan, I can, and do at times, look at the team in two ways.  The selfish is me fan that wants it all right now, so what have you done for me lately?  And since I will always be a Colts fan, can also step back at tmies and look long term at how the organization is setting up the future of the club.  I want to root for a winner down the road just as much as I do today. 

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not everything is black or white.  I (and there may well be others) don't fit in to the great pick / terrible pick category.   I fit in to the "You caught me off guard, again" pick.  The last time was Bjorn Werner, when I expected Rhodes.  That one did not pan out.  They said Dorsett was a Round 1 talent (implying the only round 1 talent left) on the board at the end of round 1 selections and could not be passed up.  So I am in wait and see mode.  I realized they did not address an immediate need and took a player that may eventually be a Superstar, but possibly not pay off for 3-4 years. This is a point that I think upsets most of the fan base.  Now that two sub par years have passed, those flame have been fanned higher still.

I am not a scout, and while I will look through tape etc, I do not know all of the detailed techniques players use at each position to determine who stands out above their peers, etc.  Our F.O and felt Dorsett did. Now we are not sure if it will pay off at all.  Even the pro's miss, but they miss much less than I would, for sure. I give draft  choices to the end of year 3 before grading it, so we are coming up on that fast.  Hindsight is 20-20.

Even though I am a fan, I can, and do at times, look at the team in two ways.  The selfish is me fan that wants it all right now, so what have you done for me lately?  And since I will always be a Colts fan, can also step back at tmies and look long term at how the organization is setting up the future of the club.  I want to root for a winner down the road just as much as I do today. 

Good post, but the bolded really says it all. You were surprised both times(like the majority) because they were bad picks. 

I'm sticking with my opinion. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

49-31 in 5 years.

33-15 in his first 3 years with a team he had to strip down to almost nothing and then rebuild.

Zero years under 500.

Most people don't get fired for that,  they get promoted or a new contract.   But rarely does that get them fired.

He may not have been good enough,  and he made too many mistakes to retain his job,  but he simply didn't suck at his job.     There's no argument for it.

I don't mind people being happy about it,  but there have been so many terrible posts here that there are simply too many to count....

I get that this is the ugly side of being a fan,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it....

there's a reason their jobs were en question look past the numbers ... gesus

I dnt think yu knw football as well as yu think yu do. 

Good teams don't lose as consistently as we do. By consistent I mean teams (pats/steelers) using the same gameplan to curb stomp us. BTW we lost to the jags this year and last year by 35+

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't understand your high and mighty take,  my man.   

You claim people don't know how to run a football team (which is obviously true)  but you don't either.  

Nothing is wrong with calling a coach a cancer.  Especially if they're such a polarizing character, like Chuck.  Don't get your panties in a knot just because the guy had cancer and is now unironicslly being referred to as a team cancer.  Half the fan base don't like Chuck and his problems while the other half does like him.  Opinion is divided.  

How does one earn being a fan of this team,  lol?  I think everyone on this site has bought merchandise that directly funds our beloved team.  As far as Irsay is concerned that's a loyal fan right there.  

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

49-31 in 5 years.

Zero years under 500.

I think it goes to the 16-16 in the last two years.  Irsay saw a team that peaked by getting to the AFCCG and then had started regressing and has major holes to fill, especially on defense.  

I also think Irsay saw the success they had had which is why he said this was a hard decision but in the end the fact they have taken steps back the past couple of years won out IMO.

17 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Hakeem made significant contributions his first couple years. Dorsett has not

First couple of years is not the basis for making a judgment on player.  Too much about the future is unknown.  Take their careers in total, the same number of years, and then compare.  And I have no idea how they will compare.

Just like the criticism of Grigson.  Its the analysis used to criticize that I take exception with.

The criticism of Pagano is more supportable.  Clock management?  Slow starts?  Lack of adjustment on offense?  But when people criticize Pagano "for going 8-8", I take exception to it because there is more to it than that.

Yards and stats are poor ways to judge a WR.  How many "catchable balls" were missed?  How often was he open?  When was he thrown the pass, when open or when contested?  The criticism of the Dorsett pick is usually supported with very shallow analysis.

And the stuff I just listed...nobody really knows....which is why I usually refrain from criticizing any pick based on a few years of performance.  I criticize the pick for what was known at the time.

I support Grigson for the Dorsett pick.  Even the Werner pick, because at the time, they made sense based upon our teams roster and the players' scouting reports.  They have just not turned out as hoped so far.  That happens in the NFL

I think Grigson's worse pick in his five year career was TJ Green.  And his worse FA signing was Dwight Allen.  And those decisions were made just last spring, so I have no problem with Irsay firing him.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sanctimonious....

You have only been a fan since the Luck era.      You come walk in telling a bunch of long time Colts fan that they suck.             With every post you talk as if you're omniscient.      Who do you think you are? 

If most of the fans who post on here are so beneath the great and mighty NewColtsFan,  why do you post here?      To  gain a false sense of superiority?

I agree with you; there are a lot of good, smart and knowledgeable posters on here, but, FWIW, I don't consider you among them. Most of your posts contain a condescending tone where you state your opinions as fact, and talk to people like they're *s. You also like to tell everyone that you worked in the media. 

Also,  why do you put so many spaces between sentences?           To make yourself stand out and feel special?

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He failed badly?     The Colts went to the AFC Championship and he failed badly?

You can't say these things and ask to be taken seriously.      You can't say say he took his 3rd year team that he built from scratch to the AFC Championship and lost and therefor he failed badly.      That's illogical.     No one builds a team in 3 years.      It's why GM's and HC's don't sign 3 year contracts.    Time is needed.

We can talk about the two 8-8 seasons some other team,  because right now you're drowning in a sea of nonsense.      No one who takes a team to the AFC Championship after 3 years gets fired --- period, end of story.  

Once you learn that,  we can go on from there,  but until you do,  then you don't understand the world that your criticizing.   

You can if you do it right which he didn't by a long shot look I know you loved grigson but his draft have sucked last years was the best in a while but one good draft doesn't make up for the terrible draft choices of years past and the terrible free agent pickups as of late. Keep in mind we beat a lot of bad teams that year and all the good teams we faced that year may I remind you destroyed us and they were embarrassing losses too up until last offseason he didn't even try to fix that lackluster o-line and the defense never had an all-pro drafted and they had their chances. So you can think what you want but I think Irsay finally made the right call now Pagano while it appears he is for sure staying whatever I will give him one last shot but if we show not even an ounce of improvement next season he needs to be shown the door. Which I don't see all the hype in Grigson anyway cause some of the people on here are acting like he is the best GM in football and he won us 2 superbowls in the last five seasons or some nonsense like that cause aside from Luck and Hilton he has given us next to nothing.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

First couple of years is not the basis for making a judgment on player.  Too much about the future is unknown.  Take their careers in total, the same number of years, and then compare.  And I have no idea how they will compare.

Just like the criticism of Grigson.  Its the analysis used to criticize that I take exception with.

The criticism of Pagano is more supportable.  Clock management?  Slow starts?  Lack of adjustment on offense?  But when people criticize Pagano "for going 8-8", I take exception to it because there is more to it than that.

Yards and stats are poor ways to judge a WR.  How many "catchable balls" were missed?  How often was he open?  When was he thrown the pass, when open or when contested?  The criticism of the Dorsett pick is usually supported with very shallow analysis.

And the stuff I just listed...nobody really knows....which is why I usually refrain from criticizing any pick based on a few years of performance.  I criticize the pick for what was known at the time.

I support Grigson for the Dorsett pick.  Even the Werner pick, because at the time, they made sense based upon our teams roster and the players' scouting reports.  They have just not turned out as hoped so far.  That happens in the NFL

I think Grigson's worse pick in his five year career was TJ Green.  And his worse FA signing was Dwight Allen.  And those decisions were made just last spring, so I have no problem with Irsay firing him.

The Werner pick was not a problem to me because it wasn't a do or die draft. The Colts were coming off of a pretty good season led by the rookie phenom Andrew Luck. But once we saw Werner wasn't gonna pan out, that's when you need to hit on the next draft. The 2014 1st round pick was traded for Trent Richardson. I was in favor of that due to RBs going down that year for the Colts. But as a GM, you get paid the big bucks to hit and it didn't in the end. That was a miss as well so now it's two in a row. Then you have 2015 and Ryan drafts Phillip Dorsett. Indianapolis needed an impact player with that 1st round pick. It hasn't panned out so far and I don't think it ever will. Of course, that is my opinion and nothing else. Draft misses do happen but you can't miss three 1st round picks in a row. Those are just too valuable

26 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The Werner pick was not a problem to me because it wasn't a do or die draft. The Colts were coming off of a pretty good season led by the rookie phenom Andrew Luck. But once we saw Werner wasn't gonna pan out, that's when you need to hit on the next draft. The 2014 1st round pick was traded for Trent Richardson. I was in favor of that due to RBs going down that year for the Colts. But as a GM, you get paid the big bucks to hit and it didn't in the end. That was a miss as well so now it's two in a row. Then you have 2015 and Ryan drafts Phillip Dorsett. Indianapolis needed an impact player with that 1st round pick. It hasn't panned out so far and I don't think it ever will. Of course, that is my opinion and nothing else. Draft misses do happen but you can't miss three 1st round picks in a row. Those are just too valuable

Sure.  If you've got a poor record of high round picks not being all they should, two of which are out of the league before their contracts are up, is a hindsight justification for gauging a GMs performance.  But at the time of the decisions, there were reasonable bases for making the picks.

Even D'Joun Smith.  Talking heads were saying what a good pick that was, a small school kid with good skills already, who could possibly become something better.  And we needed a #2 CB.

Contrast those player picks with TJGreen.  While he is athletic and possibly has upside, he didn't do his job particularly well in college, and I think had many more critics about what he could do in the pros than the other picks. And as it turns out, Butler can play a pretty decent free safety opposite Geathers' power.

The Dwayne Allen signing was just horrible.  Why Grigson couldn't recognize that Doyle could play and sign him to some type of contract last year is beyond me.  There was plenty of cap.  Instead, he invests in a player who is injury prone and not that special...and that reality was right under his nose for 4 years.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Sure.  If you've got a poor record of high round picks not being all they should, two of which are out of the league before their contracts are up, is a hindsight justification for gauging a GMs performance.  But at the time of the decisions, there were reasonable basis for making the picks.

Even D'Joun Smith.  Talking heads were saying what a good pick that was, a small school kid with good skills already, who could possibly become something better.  And we needed a #2 CB.

Contrast those 4 picks with TJGreen.  While he is athletic and possibly has upside, he didn't do his job particularly well in college, and I think had many more critics about what he could do in the pros than the other 4 picks.  As it turns out, Butler can play a pretty decent free safety opposite Geathers' power.

The Dwayne Allen singing was just horrible.  Why Grigson couldn't recognize that Doyle could play and sign him to some type of contract last year is beyond me.  There was plenty of cap.  Instead, he invests in a player who is injury prone and not that special...and that reality was right under his nose for 4 years.

I was definitely not for the TJ Green pick. And I agree about the Dwayne Allen signing. Jack Doyle was gonna be good and he hasn't disappointed. He's honestly one of my favorite players. The only reason I could see the Allen signing was because they needed a 2nd TE due to not re-signing Fleener. I also like Eric Swope though too. I think he could've been the 2nd TE

4 hours ago, MFT5 said:

there's a reason their jobs were en question look past the numbers ... gesus

I dnt think yu knw football as well as yu think yu do. 

Good teams don't lose as consistently as we do. By consistent I mean teams (pats/steelers) using the same gameplan to curb stomp us. BTW we lost to the jags this year and last year by 35+

You don't have to explain a thing to me.     I said in the very post you responded to that he deserved to lose his job.       I'm totally fine with Grigson being fired.