Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson fired.

Dustin

21 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

Chill out, buddy.  We all know this is a hard day for you.  Take a deep breath and RELAX. 

This isn't a hard day for me.     I've stated repeatedly that I'm fine with Grigson getting fired.    Totally OK with it.

But the membership sometimes gets carried away.......    Irsay just made note of how people are celebrating Grigson's firing and how unfortunate that aspect is.....

Just one of those days.....

I'm fine....

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

So it looks like it will probably be Chuck and Jimmy Raye

All Irsay said was that Jimmy Raye will interview.  He said Chuck was our coach going into 2017 but that when the new GM is brought on board he will evaluate everything.  So there are no guarantees.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I thought it might happen a week or two ago...

But I didn't think it would happen today WITHOUT Pagano also being fired.

I thought he'd fire both,  but if it was only one,  I thought it would be Pagano,  not Grigson.

I'm OK with Grigson getting fired.     Too many misses in the draft and free agency to hold his job.

Well...    some of the guys I might like just signed new deals with their old teams this past week,  so that's not helpful. 

I'm really admire Louis Riddick who is on ESPN.     But his background is also from Philly,  so that might poison his chances.     But I like the way he thinks.........

Yeah, He seems very intelligent. 

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This isn't a hard day for me.     I've stated repeatedly that I'm fine with Grigson getting fired.    Totally OK with it.

But the membership sometimes gets carried away.......    Irsay just made note of how people are celebrating Grigson's firing and how unfortunate that aspect is.....

Just one of those days.....

I'm fine....

Any firing is unfortunate on a personal level...that much is true.  But I thought it was also interesting that Irsay said he saw excitement in the eyes of Chuck and others around the building at the new direction.  Several present & former players have tweeted and not said good things about Grigson.  So fans aren't off base to feel some joy & relief today as the franchise takes a step in what many of us view as the right direction.  Today, the franchise has rid itself of a GM who was not getting the job done and who also alienated people in the process.

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

All Irsay said was that Jimmy Raye will interview.  He said Chuck was our coach going into 2017 but that when the new GM is brought on board he will evaluate everything.  So there are no guarantees.

Yep and he made the same statement when he fired polian and then grigson fired Caldwell. So yeah, the door is still open

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Been golfing all day and I'm not gonna read 13 pages.   So does this mean grigson wasn't the son irsay always wanted?   Grigson wasn't the reason gruden didn't take the job?  I guess Twitter was wrong

Irsay himself just said that Gruden was never contacted about any form of coaching role/role in our organization. The Peyton rumours as well were completely put down. Kind of disappointing but getting rid of Grigs was a hugely positive change imo.

It seems all the twitter news was pretty bogus lol. Oh well, that's the age we live in now  

6 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Irsay himself just said that Gruden was never contacted about any form of coaching role/role in our organization. The Peyton rumours as well were completely put down. Kind of disappointing but getting rid of Grigs was a hugely positive change imo.

It seems all the twitter news was pretty bogus lol. Oh well, that's the age we live in now  

Doesn't mean any of it is true.  Did he pursue Manning and Gruden?  Of course he did.  

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

Doesn't mean any of it is true.  Did he pursue Manning and Gruden?  Of course he did.  

Agreed.

He admitted to Manning. Indicated Manning wasn't ready, same thing JMV reported 2 weeks ago.

He denied Gruden, but what would we expect him to do?  Stand up there and admit he tried to replace Pagano.  Pagano is still employed there so of course he is going to deny. 

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

Agreed.

He admitted to Manning. Indicated Manning wasn't ready, same thing JMV reported 2 weeks ago.

He denied Gruden, but what would we expect him to do?  Stand up there and admit he tried to replace Pagano.  Pagano is still employed there so of course he is going to deny. 

Absolutely. Gruden denied talking with Irsay so Jim should've said the same thing

30 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Personally, I'm glad we are NOT bringing in Gruden or Manning.  I think Gruden is overrated and never wanted him.  Manning is just too soon...for now.  If we can season him up a bit with some experience it is worth exploring again in the future.

JMV is also saying Manning will be in Indy in some shape or form within 2 years. It is still possible he comes this year in a learning type role as Elway did in Denver. 

3 minutes ago, 19colt said:

JMV is also saying Manning will be in Indy in some shape or form within 2 years. It is still possible he comes this year in a learning type role as Elway did in Denver. 

I wouldn't have a problem with that.  But I think Peyton is still enjoying his retirement life right now.  As Irsay said it hasn't even been a year since the confetti fell on him. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.

Because firing a GM after 3 straight years of 11-5 and the last year of that run we went to the AFC Championship.     

THAT'S when you want to fire your GM.

Gosh, this is embarrassing..........    how do you write this stuff?

This team was flawed then or are you too blind to see that.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I don't know how you link stuff lol. But I do know Schefter broke the news and Gruden denied talking to Irsay. I'm pretty positive

There has been so much speculation going on during the past two weeks, that even if Gruden denied 'talking to Grigson' the reports of that denial may have been in direct response to queries directed specifically about coaching...

So still a stretch to 'flame' Irsay as stretching the truth, cause of what Schefter reported...

4 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

There has been so much speculation going on during the past two weeks, that even if Gruden denied 'talking to Grigson' the reports of that denial may have been in direct response to queries directed specifically about coaching...

So still a stretch to 'flame' Irsay as stretching the truth, cause of what Schefter reported...

I don't think I ever said Irsay was stretching the truth

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Been golfing all day and I'm not gonna read 13 pages.   So does this mean grigson wasn't the son irsay always wanted?   Grigson wasn't the reason gruden didn't take the job?  I guess Twitter was wrong

Maybe some of it is nonsense, but if you think Irsay was traveling around the league just getting advice from  guys like Gruden and Manning, etc . I've got some beachfront property in Arizona. It was a total damage control presser because admitting these things that were reported reflects poorly on Irsay. The bottom line is Grigson is gone though, which is good. 

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

This team was flawed then or are you too blind to see that.

Of course the team was flawed.

But that would mean that Chuck Pagano took a flawed team to the AFC Championship just 3 years after it was practically taken down to nothing.   

Whoops!      Did you just compliment Chuck Pagano?      I didn't think so.

No one fires a GM whose flawed team goes to the AFC Championship.

The team was practically rebuilt from nothing.    Of course it was flawed.     There was no way it wasn't going to be flawed.     That's why it lost 45-9.      We were a bunch of over-achievers.

But it's doubtful that any GM in the history of the NFL gets fired after his first three years going 33-15 in the regular season and 3-3 in the playoffs.       They get new contracts.     Or are you too unfamiliar with sports in general and the NFL in specific to know this?