Grigson fired.

Dustin

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

They're ALL COLTS.

They!    Are!     All!      Colts!       They've all dealt with Grigson. 

Wouldn't an opinion of people who have dealt with Grigson hold more merit than the opinion of people who didn't?  I get your sticking point is the "Around the league" line, but honestly it seems like a pointless argument

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure you would.

Ryan Grigson is about 6'6" and perhaps 300 pounds.

You might get in a good shot at his knee cap.     And then he'd step on you like a bug.

Tell him,.NCF...he feeling the euphoria of the moment..

......and if he pursues this....he might be feeling something else..

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I thought it might happen a week or two ago...

But I didn't think it would happen today WITHOUT Pagano also being fired.

I thought he'd fire both,  but if it was only one,  I thought it would be Pagano,  not Grigson.

I'm OK with Grigson getting fired.     Too many misses in the draft and free agency to hold his job.

Well...    some of the guys I might like just signed new deals with their old teams this past week,  so that's not helpful. 

I'm really admire Louis Riddick who is on ESPN.     But his background is also from Philly,  so that might poison his chances.     But I like the way he thinks.........

1 minute ago, krunk said:

#Colts coach Chuck Pagano is believed to be safe at this point, another source said. Jim Irsay should (maybe) have more at 5:30 pm.

I know I am in the minority here but this is great news to me . I think Pagano gets a lot a flak but with the talent he has worked with IMO he has done wonders .

8 minutes ago, esmort said:

Why do you care if people celebrate when an arrogant hack gets fired? 

I find it a bit unseemly.

This is a unique situation,  guys with his record typically don't lose their job.     They don't get fired.

49-31 regular season,  3-3 in the playoffs typically does not get you fired.

He was fired because he wasn't good enough.....    OK....   I'm fine with that.     I jumped off his band wagon a year ago......     I just don't like all the celebrating.....

I get it's what fans do.....     I just don't like it....

Noice! 

ps Dakich is an * when it comes to football.  I have no idea why he was also so far up Grigsons butt, but yet the Pagano was one of the very few coaches he disliked.  

I'm not sure how much of a difference this is going to make however in the short term but it's a start. 

I didnt realize the players disliked Grigson so much.......  

2 minutes ago, Sockerice said:

Wouldn't an opinion of people who have dealt with Grigson hold more merit than the opinion of people who didn't?  I get your sticking point is the "Around the league" line, but honestly it seems like a pointless argument

I'm fine with that.

I'm ONLY talking about a viewpoint that was posted earlier in this thread,  that Grigson was hated AROUND THE LEAGUE.

If you want to say that the Colts who have dealt with him don't like him --- I'm totally fine with hm.

I just don't like taking a group of Colts and blowing it up out of proportion to.....   around the league.

This kind of thing happens way, WAY too often around here....

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

gary brackett retweetelte: Jerrell Freeman

Lol. Yea you was one of his many mistakes...

gary brackett hozzáadta,

Jerrell Freeman @JerrellFreeman
Well that took longer than expected...

Hahahah!!!!  Good ole Gary, I saw him yesterday briefly a Stacked Pickel yesterday.  He came out and was like "how yall doing," I gave him two thumbs up.

Hubris typically gets people fired and Grigson's arrogance around his draft approach, FA signings, and desire to look like the smartest guy in the room did him in.  In honor of a great Hoosier it seems like we should have a top 10 list....Grigson's greatest hits:

#1 A failure to acquire or develop an oline in 5 years.

#2 A failure to acquire or develop defensive playmakers in 5 years.

#3 Bjorn Werner - As we swtiched to a 3-4 and dump a HOF 4-3 DE, we draft a 4-3 DE with our first pick, who has never dropped in coverage and showed absolutely zero ability to play OLB at any level.  

#4 Dorsett - I still can't get over what a bad choice this was....not that Dorsett is horrible (he's not necessarily good either) but he's absolutely the wrong pick at the time, Landon Collins was the pick and the entire board knew it.

#5 Richardson - To be fair, a lot of people thought this was a good move at the time, but it Grigson's job to know...oops.

#6. Laron Landy - The most Heartless player I've ever seen.

#7  The balance of the 2013 draft class (this should probably be higher)......

#8  Combination of Donald Thomas, Trent Cole, Hakeem Nicks (although this didn't cost much) Andre Johnson, who am I missing there's a bunch...

#9 Creating discontent with the head Coach over line-ups and personnel decisions.

#10 Calling us "The shoe."

I excited for the next chapter!

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm fine with that.

I'm ONLY talking about a viewpoint that was posted earlier in this thread,  that Grigson was hated AROUND THE LEAGUE.

If you want to say that the Colts who have dealt with him don't like him --- I'm totally fine with hm.

I just don't like taking a group of Colts and blowing it up out of proportion to.....   around the league.

This kind of thing happens way, WAY too often around here....

Around the league he's the deflategate guy. In Philly he doesn't have a bunch of supporters on record. I'm pretty sure he's not popular. Could be wrong, it doesn't matter. He's anyone else's problem now.. I hope the Pats pick him up. 

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Pagano has to be next.  I think Grigson was better at his job than Pagano was at his, so if Grigson is going, chances are Pagano is going too.

I am in the same boat.  While he did miss on some things he hit well on others.  Ryan doesn't coach tackling, discipline to not hold (Looking at you offensive line), time management, or catching ability in the players. 

I really like Pagano however we need someone who will give the players a strong mindset. 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to submit my application as next GM of the Colts.  Trust me, I'm so good in Madden

I wonder if Grigson used that as a pitch to Jim Irsay on how he's qualified for the job.

16 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

That man should have been gone!!

@NewColtsFan

Another one. Players who no longer play for the team in question count as "Around the league". But you're missing the bigger picture which is that it wasn't just blind fan rage, but a lot of people actually disliked Ryan Grigson.  If anything this makes that guy from Philly's story more credible.