Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe not but they still get praised. I guess the Seahawks and Steelers don't deserve praise either considering their division's were worse record wise. They both had an easy path to the Playoffs, so did the Falcons in the NFC South. All 3 of those teams had 0 competition in their Division.

The difference is that those teams TOOK advantage of a weak division this year and WON ballgames. ALL deserved to be in the playoffs and no one is knocking their divisions simply because they haven't been bad year in and year out like the AFC south which is STARTING to trend upwards. Which is why Pagano and Grigson must go as this team continues to regress. I guess the final straw will be when the Colts finish dead last in the weak division and they're not that far off right NOW. (2nd place last year and 3rd place this year) Also the teams listed above can beat ANYBOBY in a playoff game WITHOUT the help of some unforeseen circumstance to the opponent.

Examples are like facing a team who has never won a playoff game in like 14yrs but who was also MISSING their (top 10 league wise) star wr or by beating a team in which their HOF qb was a shell of himself due to injury and let's not forget the thrashing at home UNTIL all the key players of the opposing team started dropping like flies due to injuries which led to an unbelievable comeback win. Of course any team will take ALL victories but sometimes you have to gauge your team on what happened and HOW you looked while facing a QUALITY opponent at FULL strength. Like say a 45-7 NO contest beat down in the AFCCG that looked a lot WORSE than the score.

In order to become an ELITE team you must have the PLAYERS, the right COACHING STAFF, a solid front office and the ability to BEAT or stay competitive against other elite teams. Right now the Colts are lacking in several categories. 

13 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

The difference is that those teams TOOK advantage of a weak division this year and WON ballgames. ALL deserved to be in the playoffs and no one is knocking their divisions simply because they haven't been bad year in and year out like the AFC south which is STARTING to trend upwards. Which is why Pagano and Grigson must go as this team continues to regress. I guess the final straw will be when the Colts finish dead last in the weak division and they're not that far off right NOW. (2nd place last year and 3rd place this year) Also the teams listed above can beat ANYBOBY in a playoff game WITHOUT the help of some unforeseen circumstance to the opponent.

Examples are like facing a team who has never won a playoff game in like 14yrs but who was also MISSING their (top 10 league wise) star wr or by beating a team in which their HOF qb was a shell of himself due to injury and let's not forget the thrashing at home UNTIL all the key players of the opposing team started dropping like flies due to injuries which led to an unbelievable comeback win. Of course any team will take ALL victories but sometimes you have to gauge your team on what happened and HOW you looked while facing a QUALITY opponent at FULL strength. Like say a 45-7 NO contest beat down in the AFCCG that looked a lot WORSE than the score.

In order to become an ELITE team you must have the PLAYERS, the right COACHING STAFF, a solid front office and the ability to BEAT or stay competitive against other elite teams. Right now the Colts are lacking in several categories. 

I agree with most of that but I don't think the Seahawks are Elite anymore. They will keep getting a pass though because they won a SB in 2013. Yes both the Steelers and Seahawks took advantage of their weak Divisions I agree 100%. So let me ask you this, when the Colts did the same thing in 2013 and 2014 why do most everyone in here bash Chuck and act like those wins shouldn't count? Regarding losing 45-7 to the Pats, a lot of teams have got blown at Foxboro since BB has been Coach and Brady is QB. Peyton once got held to 3 points in the Playoffs vs them. They also ran up the score and cheated in the 2014 game.

You know who would be fun to talk to these "insiders"? 

Donald Trump: "You're fake. You're not real news. I'm not talking to you."

I may not be a fan of his in terms of politics but boy would it be fun to watch him work against these people. 

Maybe he can be Jim Irsay's unofficial spokesperson. :P:lol::headspin::billiejean::monkeydance::sarcasm:

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You know who would be fun to talk to these "insiders"? 

Donald Trump: "You're fake. You're not real news. I'm not talking to you."

I may not be a fan of his in terms of politics but boy would it be fun to watch him work against these people. 

Maybe he can be Jim Irsay's unofficial spokesperson. :P:lol::headspin::billiejean::monkeydance::sarcasm:

at least we'd hear something finally

3 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I agree. Idk why the afc south gets allll the hate. Hell, the titans are getting talked up by alot people.. and for good reason. 

Most say the division was the worst up until this year. It's not anymore but Pagano certainly was able to pad his record against some of the worst teams for the first 4 seasons.

12 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

They have an easy schedule on paper based on this year's results. 2 of the 4 games against playoff teams are against Houston. 

I don't see the same easy schedule as you do. 

Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, browns 

We might split that beating browns and Bengals 

Cardinals, seahawk, 49ers,  rams

Might split that 

Buffalo, Denver 

Mostly split knowing we can't stop the run 

Division x2

We gonna go 4-2 if we lucky

In division 

That how it look to me 9-7 or 10-6 if we steal one but I know for sure as long as we have this staff we are gonna give a couple away 

22 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Most say the division was the worst up until this year. It's not anymore but Pagano certainly was able to pad his record against some of the worst teams for the first 4 seasons.

the same way Belichick has been "padding' his record against the terrible AFC East?

14 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

doesn't make my point any less valid

How? BB isn't just winning his division he does work outside of it too. He's certainly not padding his record take away his division wins he still had a good record. Take away chucks and his would be God awful.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

How? BB isn't the just winning his division he does work outside of it too. He's certainly not padding his record take away his division wins he still had a good record. Take away chucks and his would be God awful.

so then your original complaint should have been about pagano's weak record outside the division, not that he's "padded" his record with wins against inferior opponents because, guess what, every coach has done that to some degree.

I do think Grigs and Pagano have to go.  If I had to pick one to go, it would be Grigs.  The thing to remember with Pagano is that by firing him, you are likely losing all the assistant coaches.   I think we do have some capable assistant coaches.

Something I thought of that is a longshot but maybe Jim would do this for change sake.  If he can't get anyone this year, he might fire Pagano, promote Chud, and see how that works for a year in order to say he did something to help the team win if he can't get a star coach.

6 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Meanwhile, Jimmy tweets remains in his bunker. Maybe he will poke his head out on draft day.

Lol, we can rename "Groundhog Day", "Irsay Day",  if he comes out and sees his shadow, six more weeks of Twitter silence.  If he doesn't see his shadow, Twitter silence is over and he will hold a press conference.  

3 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I do think Grigs and Pagano have to go.  If I had to pick one to go, it would be Grigs.  The thing to remember with Pagano is that by firing him, you are likely losing all the assistant coaches.   I think we do have some capable assistant coaches.

Something I thought of that is a longshot but maybe Jim would do this for change sake.  If he can't get anyone this year, he might fire Pagano, promote Chud, and see how that works for a year in order to say he did something to help the team win if he can't get a star coach.

There are quite a few very good coordinators available, just can't hold forever before someone else hires them. 

16 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

So.

This press conference.

Maybe one of you fools who bought into this can tell me what time it starts?

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Thanks in advance.

What do you suggest people talk about o wise all knowing one? Make a thread then, would you prefer a forum with nothing to talk about? Let's hear what you want to talk about? Besides bashing people for talking about changing coaches that has been in the news..

3 hours ago, JColts72 said:

If Monkey see and monkey do return, it's a load of garbage. We will be here again next year on days of rumors after the Colts miss out on the playoffs.

I can't bear the thought of lame duck flappy hands returning as coach...Especially after all this false hope...First offseason in a long time I have no hope for the next year..I just wish Irsay would have just came out black monday and said he believes in flappy hands so I could wrap my mind around it and make myself believe we could win in spite of him like previous years...

So.

This press conference.

Maybe one of you fools who bought into this can tell me what time it starts?

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Thanks in advance.

What do you suggest people talk about o wise all knowing one? Make a thread then, would you prefer a forum with nothing to talk about? Let's hear what you want to talk about? Besides bashing people for talking about changing coaches that has been in the news..

How about the draft? Free agency? Actual assessment of last season? There is plenty of game film to break down.

News? NEWS?!

Come the F on. "News" my aching butt. Random tweets and guys with speculative blogs are not news.

In fact, the only reason parasites like that survive is because gullible fools like you read what they write and give them attention. You go sharing it and pushing it to anyone you come across. And the other gullible boobs like you do the same exact thing.

And that leads us to where we're at now. You people are clogging the lanes of common sense because you're so heartbroken that pagano didn't get fired that you'll cling to whatever wisp of smoke is spouted off whether there's fire behind it or not.

Some random jackoff could tweet that Irsay is raising Elvis from the grave to be our coach tomorrow and you'd be right there lapping it up like a thirsty dog on a hot day.

You people are so hot to see someone, anyone get fired that you've damned actual facts and accuracies.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

How about the draft? Free agency? Actual assessment of last season? There is plenty of game film to break down.

News? NEWS?!

Come the F on. "News" my aching butt. Random tweets and guys with speculative blogs are not news.

In fact, the only reason parasites like that survive is because gullible fools like you read what they write and give them attention. You go sharif it and pushing it to anyone you come across. And the other gullible boobs like you do the same exact thing.

And that leads us to where we're at now. You people are clogging the lanes of common sense because you're so heartbroken that pagano didn't get fired that you'll cling to whatever wisp of smoke is spouted off whether there's fire behind it or not.

Some random jackoff could tweet that Irsay is raising Elvis from the grave to be our coach tomorrow and you'd be right there lapping it up like a thirsty fog on a hot day.

You people are so hot to see someone, anyone get fired that you've damned actual facts and accuracies.

Only a few on here actually know much about the draft so after awhile that gets old...We have talked about just about every possible prospect..All you do is come on here with some negative b.s..I have never seen you talk about anything of substance other than to complain about people who actually have a clue that we are on a road to nowhere with this coach...

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

News? NEWS?!

In fact, the only reason parasites like that survive is because gullible fools like you read what they write and give them attention. You go sharif it and pushing it to anyone you come across. And the other gullible boobs like you do the same exact thing.

Some random jackoff could tweet that Irsay is raising Elvis from the grave to be our coach tomorrow and you'd be right there lapping it up like a thirsty fog on a hot day.

Actual assessment of last season was that it was an epic failure thus leading to all the smoke...