Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay working on major front office deal w/ Manning

Steamboat_Shaun

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

???

And what exactly do we KNOW about this whole situation? 

And then the "how could we know anything if we weren't there" argument.

Ok. Irsay, Manning and Gruden didn't meet up and whatever source WTTR has is wrong. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You would think if we wanted him he'd choose us first I mean the 49ers are awful 

I'd say so, but everyone has their own motivations. First, the Colts don't have an opening, yet. Second, the Colts don't have an empty front office, yet. So if the Niners offered him input into the GM hire, along with some personnel control, Jeff Fisher style, that makes that job attractive.

If Irsay got rid of Pagano and Grigson -- who McDaniels might have some beef with over Deflategate, though I doubt it -- and offered McDaniels the same deal, I think the Colts would be more attractive because of Luck. But that's just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

JMV says Irsay is done looking. Really sounds like he's confident in that. 

I hadn't seen if anybody mentioned it.

If Pagano is coach this season, that'll be distraction #1, but if Irsay isn't feeling his options, it's probably best to ride it out some more. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

And then the "how could we know anything if we weren't there" argument.

Ok. Irsay, Manning and Gruden didn't meet up and whatever source WTTR has is wrong. 

See you do understand. 

And we don't know anyone who knows, and we don't know anyone who knows anyone who knows. 

We all have our opinions on who knows but that's about it. 

Have you read some of the reaching going on around here today? Pretty amusing. 

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I don't understand. If manning came in, wouldn't. he be replacing griggs as the GM??

How. would he be working with him if he replaced him?:thinking:

From what I read (rumors) manning was going to come in and hire a replacement for Grigson.

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I wasn't that impressed with the wins against Cincy and KC given both at home against neutered teams. I was with the Denver win...some reason we really matched up well with them. I think teams that play physical man defense hurts Peyton's timing and offense...I guess I just didn't think we were anywhere close to the best team or even a top 5 team in those years. I was thrilled and happy and surprised that things kinda bounced our way.

How was cincy neutered?  If you are talking AJ Green the guy has never had more than 5 catches in a playoff game....with one TD in 4 playoff games. A better argument would be the bengals always find a way to lose in the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

JMV says Irsay is done looking. Really sounds like he's confident in that. 

I hadn't seen if anybody mentioned it.

I can't fathom any way he's coaching this team in September. Irsay at this point has to fire him or come and and say all the rumors were crap.

14 minutes ago, buccolts said:

See you do understand. 

And we don't know anyone who knows, and we don't know anyone who knows anyone who knows. 

We all have our opinions on who knows but that's about it. 

Have you read some of the reaching going on around here today? Pretty amusing. 

Well let me undo the understanding. I have no doubts that these things are transpiring (ie. Irasy want's Manning on board) and at this point there's really not solid reason to think it's not, unless conspiracy theory is your bag.

And yes, as is the case with all things social media, you can see everything from Grigson is doing a good job to he's a lizard person. 

18 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I don't understand. If manning came in, wouldn't. he be replacing griggs as the GM??

How. would he be working with him if he replaced him?:thinking:

Manning might want to come in as Sr. Vice President and have Grigson report to him.

He might not want to come in as the GM,  but instead the GM's boss.

Just thinking out loud to answer your question....

20 minutes ago, BOTT said:

How was cincy neutered?  If you are talking AJ Green the guy has never had more than 5 catches in a playoff game....with one TD in 4 playoff games. A better argument would be the bengals always find a way to lose in the playoffs.

I thought Germaine Gresham was out too or at least hurt....but that I think is way way way underselling the importance of Green to that team...just look at what happened with them this year without him. He is critical to what they do and it's entirely a different team without him. That would be like us without TY...you don't think that would change things.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I thought Germaine Gresham was out too or at least hurt....but that I think is way way way underselling the importance of Green to that team...just look at what happened with them this year without him. He is critical to what they do and it's entirely a different team without him. That would be like us without TY...you don't think that would change things.

I think the bengals lose playoff games with or without AJ Green.  

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This actually may keep Gruden in play. I get the impression working with Grigson is what soured Gruden on the job in the first place.

I don't think Gruden would want to coach again. I mean he's making 6.5 million a year on MNF. It has to be much easier than the long hours as a head coach especially with how much he had always worked. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Can't even leave to be an OC, unless the Colts give permission. Assistant coach is assistant coach, coordinator or not.

Totally off topic.    Why do we have a likes limit?   I'm always out on days like this and the draft.   Seems easier to like something than quote them to say "I agree"  

2 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't think Gruden would want to coach again. I mean he's making 6.5 million a year on MNF. It has to be much easier than the long hours as a head coach especially with how much he had always worked. 

Bill Gates could be coke and hookers 24/7 too

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Totally off topic.    Why do we have a likes limit?   I'm always out on days like this and the draft.   Seems easier to like something than quote them to say "I agree"  

You don't want to risk crashing the "like" economy.

Same reason you can only pull 300 out of an ATM lol.

11 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I think the bengals lose playoff games with or without AJ Green.  

So what made that playoff win impressive for us? That was my original point that us beating them and a beat up KC at home as happy as it made me wasn't that impressive. The Broncos win definitely was even if Peyton was hobbling. We just had them figured out.