Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Irsay spent 10 hours with Gruden in Texas.

RockThatBlue

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not exactly sure that he hasn't been called on it.  I would hope the coaching staff would make him do 50 for every bad decision, lol, but if that's what it takes I'm for it.  Different people get motivated and increase output in different ways.  That's for sure.

I see where you're coming from but I just don't think this staff gets on him enough. You can't put him in timeout for every bad decision. That's definitely not true. But there are routine bad plays by him in most games and it's like he doesn't try to correct them. And I do think that is a result of this coaching staff

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So he needs to warm up like an old diesel motor?  Plays bad early,   heats up late?   I think the  more obvious problem is play calling.  

Could be.  Also could be his concentration as well.  I don't know the answer, but I would love to know how many times he has audibled out of plays.  Is he being throttled, making bad reads, or just plain making bad decisions?

6 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Could be.  Also could be his concentration as well.  I don't know the answer, but I would love to know how many times he has audibled out of plays.  Is he being throttled, making bad reads, or just plain making bad decisions?

Could be a combination of all those. I just want to see Andrew reach his full potential. I just don't think that will ever happen with this coaching staff in place right now

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This isn't little league

Not sure what you mean?

If they come out with no huddle and still start slow how do you not think it may be Luck?  Beyond that, how do you correct it?  I don't have the answer but I wouldn't discount tough love.  It just may get him to where we all think he should be.

6 hours ago, Corndog said:

I am not going to freak out either way.  But are people like yourself that said "THERE IS NO CHANCE ANY CHANGES WILL BE MADE", going to eat crow or just act like you never said it?  

I will eat crow if something happens and I would be suprised too. I don't even think a move is out of the question here either but I have been hoping more for something in the line of a kick azzz coordinator then revamping the entire organization for an overrated big name like Gruden.

JMO

Also to be honest, all the Pagano hating is making me kinda even like the man more in the last few weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Also to be honest, all the Pagano hating is making me kinda even like the man more in the last few weeks. 

Sounds like last year with the #keepchuck or whatever it was. I feel you though. I know there's greener grass but I don't know if it's Gruden. Good thing is I truly believe Irsay wants to win at all costs and heavily weighs his moves. 

That's a whole lot of info that I'm going to try to take with a grain of salt. Not that I wouldn't be happy.

If there's one tweet I could believe though, it's the one about the hold up being Grigson. Gruden being skeptical and Jim trying to relent. If that's the case I hope Jim does indeed compromise.

22 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That's a whole lot of info that I'm going to try to take with a grain of salt. Not that I wouldn't be happy.

If there's one tweet I could believe though, it's the one about the hold up being Grigson. Gruden being skeptical and Jim trying to relent. If that's the case I hope Jim does indeed compromise.

I would doubt Irsay would give in on Grigson, it's his pet-project and he was exec. of the year, Irsay might double-down on Grigs and lose out on Gruden, where do the sides give in? Could Gruden want a totally clean house? (I'm only commenting with the assumption that all the above posts are true,  and I give it a 40/60 of being so)....i'm probably totally wrong on everything but this is what nervous people do to pass time.

23 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I would doubt Irsay would give in on Grigson, it's his pet-project and he was exec. of the year, Irsay might double-down on Grigs and lose out on Gruden, where do the sides give in? Could Gruden want a totally clean house? (I'm only commenting with the assumption that all the above posts are true,  and I give it a 40/60 of being so)....i'm probably totally wrong on everything but this is what nervous people do to pass time.

I actually agree, I'd be kind of surprised if Grigson got demoted, shocked if he got fired. A demotion could be possible though. Who knows, Ryan could want Chuck gone as much as anybody and a demotion could be the only way that could happen.

But like you say, trying to remain skeptical and not believe the hype yet.

These are all just farts in the wind until Irsay speaks.  I'll start to get a little excited when I hear there is a news conference scheduled, moreso just so we can hear wth is going on?  I want a new front office as much as anybody, but the more this goes on, the more I am over it already.

6 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Irsay has now shut down tracking on both planes,,, someone quick, scramble an F-16 

Hmmm mysterious but I thought the FAA and the NBAA stopped the BARR program after a federal judge ruled that all aircraft in US airspace is public information?  

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Interesting...

8 hours ago, Jules said:

I will eat crow if something happens and I would be suprised too. I don't even think a move is out of the question here either but I have been hoping more for something in the line of a kick azzz coordinator then revamping the entire organization for an overrated big name like Gruden.

JMO

This has pretty much been my line of thinking for the last two weeks