Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's Plane spotted in Houston this afternoon.

corgi

14 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

We have senior posters here who hold more sway than they should, that statement by itself isn't totally foolish...... but, your knowledge of football may be.

Ohhh wise one, please share your knowledge with the masses.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Gonna be a massive coaching contract if it happens.

That's fine with me..Doesn't affect cap and Irsay will get the money back in franchise value if we become relevant again..Hopefully someone is dumb enough to hire Pagano and ease the pain of his guaranteed money..

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

At this point, I don't think anyone should complain that Jim is standing pat and settling by any means. Now, Gruden may not say 'yes' but it's clear the owner is looking for an upgrade at all cost but not going to make change for the sake of change.

That's the kicker!  Can they hammer out a deal?  If it's true I'm surprised the big national reporters haven't dug up anything concrete by now. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

That's the kicker!  Can they hammer out a deal?  If it's true I'm surprised the big national reporters haven't dug up anything concrete by now. 

Seems like Irsay's allowing all of these other head coach signings to be somewhat of a smokescreen. That combined with the fact that the Colts complex is completely quiet, to the point that local guys don't even know what's going on. It is still kind of surprising that someone like Schefter or Rapoport haven't picked up the scent of this story yet.

3 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Pagano got back from vacation in Vegas today.  Maybe he fires him and Grigson tomorrow?  I mean, time is of the essence here...

Seriously. If he's gutting the regime, Irsay has to realize that the scouting combine is right around the corner, decisions need to be made on coordinators, etc. There's a reason all these other teams are already hiring their guys.

13 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Seems like Irsay's allowing all of these other head coach signings to be somewhat of a smokescreen. That combined with the fact that the Colts complex is completely quiet, to the point that local guys don't even know what's going on. It is still kind of surprising that someone like Schefter or Rapoport haven't picked up the scent of this story yet.

Schefter is a colleague of Gruden, though.  Different rules.  With all the Louis Riddick rumors swirling, they've barely referenced it on NFL Insiders. Plus, ESPN would probably like to protect its asset and highest paid employee, Gruden, and not fuel the fire.

5 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Pagano got back from vacation in Vegas today.  Maybe he fires him and Grigson tomorrow?  I mean, time is of the essence here...

I mean I don't think it's the 11th hour by any stretch.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Seriously. If he's gutting the regime, Irsay has to realize that the scouting combine is right around the corner, decisions need to be made on coordinators, etc. There's a reason all these other teams are already hiring their guys.

Probably waiting for someone to say yes - Peyton, Gruden, Saban... someone.

19 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

I mean I don't think it's the 11th hour by any stretch.

13 minutes ago, #12. said:

Schefter is a colleague of Gruden, though.  Different rules.  With all the Louis Riddick rumors swirling, they've barely referenced it on NFL Insiders. Plus, ESPN would probably like to protect its asset and highest paid employee, Gruden, and not fuel the fire.

Remember how quickly the Gruden to Rams rumors got shot down personally by Gruden? Totally different now it seems.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It would be tricky. They'd have to come to a secret gentleman's agreement and then fire the current regime first. Then i believe they would still have to conduct some essentially bogus interviews to comply with the Rooney rule before Gruden could officially sign.

27 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Well did she make you cry, make you break down? Shatter your illusions of love?? And is it over now?? Do you know how?  To pick up the pieces and go home!!!!!!!!

Bonus points for the Fleetwood Mac 'Gold Dust Woman' iconic song plug/joke M-432. 

This is why a person must skim every post in a thread--hidden gems like this. I like it when regulars do crazy, off the wall stuff like that for comic relief. Plus, Jimmy probably has some Lindsay Buckingham guitars in his collection anyway right? :thmup:

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Bonus points for the Fleetwood Mac 'Gold Dust Woman' iconic song plug/joke M-432. 

This is why a person must skim every post in a thread--hidden gems like this. I like it when regulars do crazy, off the wall stuff like that for comic relief. Plus, Jimmy probably has some Lindsay Buckingham guitars in his collection anyway right? :thmup:

Yeah I am here a lot but still tend to miss a lot of Posts. So when I do log in I skim a little. We have at least a 1000 people Post everyday at all times.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am here a lot but still tend to miss a lot of Posts. So when I do log in I skim a little. We have at least a 1000 people Post everyday at all times.

Don't sweat it. We all miss posts or don't revisit threads after a certain point brother. You're definitely not alone in that regard CBE. 

We all come here to vent, laugh, & save money on overpriced therapy sessions right? LOL! Alright, I'll stop since I really shouldn't derail this thread by going off topic. 

Yep, it's impossible to catch everything written on the forum or added in a given week. I know exactly what you mean man. Trust me. 

28 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Hah yeah brother!  I'm just here to speak my mind and fart around, that's it.. . . .. and if people aren't entertained then. . . . . ..

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

russell-crowe-gladiator-wallpaper-3_zpsu

Yeah that's not even a question! :lol:

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

If he was smart, he would have an Alex Lifeson guitar in his collection.

12 minutes ago, presto123 said:

If he was smart, he would have an Alex Lifeson guitar in his collection.

'Limelight' is probably my favorite Rush song actually. But, I'm sure Jimmy does have a Lifeson guitar in his private stash of musical treasures presto123. 

1 hour ago, presto123 said:

I hope so! Limelight is great, but not near my fav Rush song.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Okay, I'll bite "Tom Sawyer" then? Just a stab in the dark. :hat:

1 hour ago, presto123 said:

Hard to say. I'm a Rush fanatic, so my fav song is probably not even a radio song. Among the radio songs, I would probably say Freewill or Subdivisions:)

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

Subdivisions.

EDIT:  You know what, I agree, Freewill is maybe better.

It's all about the YYZ !!!