Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's Plane spotted in Houston this afternoon.

corgi

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

Would they try bring Gruden on as some kind of consultant/"special assistant to the head coach" if he is out of a contract. Does he have any connections with anyone in the organisation.

I don't think he is out of a contract

We are not getting Gruden, it's not happening. We are not getting Saban, it's not happening. We are not getting Manning in a funky role at the top, it's not happening.

Pagano and Grigson are back for next year. THAT IS HAPPENING.......that is reality

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

We are not getting Gruden, it's not happening. We are not getting Saban, it's not happening. We are not getting Manning in a funky role at the top, it's not happening.

Pagano and Grigson are back for next year. THAT IS HAPPENING.......that is reality

The media does not seem to agree, and only a "source" has said Pagano is back, not even a source has confirmed Grigson is back.

Just now, corgi said:

The media does not seem to agree, and only a "source" has said Pagano is back, not even a source has confirmed Grigson is back.

Why don't people agree on this?

Am I missing something? Do I need to take LCD? I am so lost.........

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think he is out of a contract

I've read that ESPN is trying to get out of his contract. A lot of people think last night was the end of his ESPN career. That doesn't mean a thing about him coaching though. 

Just now, Jules said:

Why don't people agree on this?

Am I missing something? Do I need to take LCD? I am so lost.........

I don't care either way but, people are stating it like its a fact. Yes they are under contract and a source says Pagano will be back, but contracts mean very little in the NFL. I won't be surprised if he is or isn't back honestly. 

There is a reason that team owners for example the Lions,Texans,Jets recentley have made statements that they are retaining there coach outside of it being the right thing to do for the fans it also stops all rumors and speculation. So when Jim Irsay does the same then Thats when this over 

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He isn't just going to walk away from that contract because they want him to.

He's the highest paid employee at ESPN and signed through 2020 or 2021. I think the idea is that lead to the rumor that was on Twitter or wherever the heck I read hat yesterday is that they (ESPN) are in money saving mode and getting rid of high priced talent. Bayless, Cowherd, Berman (does he count? I'm not sure if they moved him to cut salary or if hat was his request). I just searched Twitter for the Gruden info and couldn't find it. It was a rumor so it was probably nonsense. :dunno:

54 minutes ago, Jules said:

I'll keep Pagano over wanting Gruden. Gruden is a big name everyone is into but he had his time in the league......

I'm not in love with Gruden by any stretch. I'm indifferent to both he and Pagano.

1 minute ago, corgi said:

I'm not in love with Gruden by any stretch. I'm indifferent to both he and Pagano.

Gruden never had great QB though lots of times coaches get better there second go around like Pete Carrol etc. I know gruden coached 2 places but I was consecutively just my two cents

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, now you're scaring me. Step away from the medicine cabinet, lol.

Hey I am not the one trying to figure out where Irsay's plane is going and why. lmao 

I am lost as heck. His plane was in Houston but what the hell does that have to do with anything? Next week his plane could be in Manhattan for all we know. And the week after Chicago.

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

Hey I am not the one trying to figure out where Irsay's plane is going and why. lmao 

I am lost as heck. His plane was in Houston but what the hell does that have to do with anything? Next week his plane could be in Manhattan for all we know. And the week after Chicago.

He was coincidentally in the same city as Wade Philips and John Gruden, and people want Pagano fired and assumed Irsay is secretly working to fix everything. The offseason is the actual worst.

I think John Gruden would be a great start at getting serious!!!!!!!!  Also as I have messaged Irsay all season, Bring back Polian as Gm. He is no joke at that position. Lets also rid ourselves of all dead weight for example, players who don't produce, coaches who suck, (GEN MGR GRIGSON POINT BLANK OUT THE DOOR!!!!!!! ) Its time to get serious. Look at New England, players revolve like a door , why?  because they dont produce. You pay a player big time money , they need to be held accountable. Get tough,  get mean if you have to . It's Dynasty time for the Colts. HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT JIM!!!!!!!!! Lets get a front offensive line that can protect Luck. #74 produce consistantly or get out. Time to run with the big dogs or sit on the porch of free agency!!!!  Get quality players no more garbage picks like grigson has been doing wasting cap money.

Edited by StevenWirey
mis spelled words

29 minutes ago, corgi said:

He was coincidentally in the same city as Wade Philips and John Gruden, and people want Pagano fired and assumed Irsay is secretly working to fix everything. The offseason is the actual worst.

I would be down with the idea of Wade Phillips to coach the defense. I think Irsay likes Pagano and wants him to have another shot, JMO. But, I think if we could get better coaching all around on the defensive side behind Pagano too our lives would all become a lot more enjoyable.

The thing that scares me about Gruden is how long he has been away from the game. That is the only reason I would be hesitant.

I do not know how good of a coach he is, he won a SuperBowl with a team that Dungy's regime built... With that said, he has never had a QB of the caliber of Andrew Luck either, so that could be alot of it.

Here is the thing, I do not think we are getting Gruden or Wade, but it sure is fun to think about it.

22 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

The thing that scares me about Gruden is how long he has been away from the game. That is the only reason I would be hesitant.

I do not know how good of a coach he is, he won a SuperBowl with a team that Dungy's regime built... With that said, he has never had a QB of the caliber of Andrew Luck either, so that could be alot of it.

Here is the thing, I do not think we are getting Gruden or Wade, but it sure is fun to think about it.

What scares me more is he thought Manziel was going to be a good pro qb

On 1/8/2017 at 0:08 AM, jvan1973 said:

If he was a great coach,  he  wouldn't have been an analyst so many years.

Look what happened to the Raiders after he was traded.  He did win a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay without a QB.    Working for ESPN, he also gets to look at tons of film and pick the brains of the best coaches and players.  He seems to have a good offensive mind and I think he would work great with Luck.  He's got a great gig with ESPN.  Why leave for coaching unless there is a great situation to go to?

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

Look what happened to the Raiders after he was traded.  He did win a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay without a QB.    Working for ESPN, he also gets to look at tons of film and pick the brains of the best coaches and players.  He seems to have a good offensive mind and I think he would work great with Luck.  He's got a great gig with ESPN.  Why leave for coaching unless there is a great situation to go to?

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I haven't read that anywhere

It's not reported anywhere, but it makes a lot of sense.  Gruden is ESPN's highest paid on air personality. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/highest-paid-espn-jon-gruden-report-monday-night-football-jon-gruden-salary

ESPN is under pressure from parent company Disney to drastically cut costs, reportedly $100 million last year and this year they are expected to cut costs even further at $250 million.  Due to both losing money/subscribers, coupled with the NBA rights going from $485 million to $1.47 billion this season.   

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/disney-forces-espn-to-cut-costs/

We have already seen departures from Mike Tirico, Keith Olbermann, Bill Simmons, Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd.  If the cuts are to be believed, this year should have much more activity than last year.   Obviously this has nothing to do with Gruden becoming the Colts coach, but it does make me believe ESPN will try to do what they can to get out of the contract.  

9 hours ago, Jules said:

I would be down with the idea of Wade Phillips to coach the defense. I think Irsay likes Pagano and wants him to have another shot, JMO. But, I think if we could get better coaching all around on the defensive side behind Pagano too our lives would all become a lot more enjoyable.

I agree. Get some playmakers and better coaching on defense and this is a much better team.