Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's Plane spotted in Houston this afternoon.

corgi

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Do you think they would need to trade up to get him? 

Possibly. He will probably be the 2nd pass rusher taken, at least thats what I've read and have heard people say. If hes there at pick 9 or 10, Grigson should trade up and do it IMO.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Possibly. He will probably be the 2nd pass rusher taken, at least thats what I've read and have heard people say. If hes there at pick 9 or 10, Grigson should trade up and do it IMO.

He is lengthy and tall @ 6'3 but the guys is just a monster.  Breaking Reggie Whites record is no joke and apparently he's a no nonsense guy which I like.  If your on a road trip, and certain players are joking/farting around that's not good and Barnett apparently lets players know that.

39 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Looks like the plane is scheduled to leave in about a half hour. Arrived at 5:25 and leaving at 1 am.

Edit.  Looks like it's in air now, left a little early. 12:34am

Arrival time is 3:51am (Indy time).   Grigson might have been looking at some free-agents in the wild-card game, you just never know.  One thing is for sure, Gruden is a fixture on TV and seems real happy with his station in life right now, and is getting paid handsomely and doesn't have to grind in a coaching setting till wee hours of the morning every night (like before).  It's amazing how many people are still up this late commenting on this (time-zones vary). This has really consumed us (not the Gruden thing, but this whole episode).  Colts fans are unbelievably many in number, very passionate, and are hard-core.

Unfortunately, most mocks from guys I respect have him going in the top 8 to 10 picks.  Some, have him going higher than that.  I think his monster performance in the Music City Bowl caused his stock to rise considerably.  Before the bowl game he was being mocked between 12 - 14.

30 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

He will get the colts to play tough and do wonders for luck.

ehhhh I have my doubts.  if you look at his head coaching resume, the only thing he has is a Super Bowl ring.  But I feel that was taking a team Dungy built and winning with it.  He has numerous sub 500 seasons, it was hot/cold, one year he'd go 12-4, the next year, same team, 7-9, the next, 5-11, the next 11-5, the next 4-12 then 9-7.  This goes all the way back through his Tampa Days.  I just dont think he's an upgrade.  Then again, he might be.   The question is, what caused those up and down time. Was it Tampa or was it him

8 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Perhaps he was there to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Toyota Center. 

Probably getting Flea's guitar after the show... 

Or he could have just wanted BBQ... 

Or one of his daughters went shopping... 

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Irsay probably just went there to attend the wildcard playoff game in Houston.  His flight appears to have arrived a few hours before game time and departed not long after the game ended. 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N106TD/history

Look again. It appears the flight left Indy around the time the game started in Houston.

2 minutes ago, grmasterb said:

Look again. It appears the flight left Indy around the time the game started in Houston.

Oooooh.....you're right!  I confused the start times of the games yesterday.  I was thinking about the Saturday night game which was actually Seahawks vs. Lions.  Very interesting.  lol

7 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Arrival time is 3:51am (Indy time).   Grigson might have been looking at some free-agents in the wild-card game, you just never know.  One thing is for sure, Gruden is a fixture on TV and seems real happy with his station in life right now, and is getting paid handsomely and doesn't have to grind in a coaching setting till wee hours of the morning every night (like before).  It's amazing how many people are still up this late commenting on this (time-zones vary). This has really consumed us (not the Gruden thing, but this whole episode).  Colts fans are unbelievably many in number, very passionate, and are hard-core.

Most reports are saying last night was likely Gruden's last game with ESPN, as they're trying to get out from underneath his monster contract. I actually saw that from several sources, none of which were speculating about the Colts.

3 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Not the poster you were responding to, but Gruden has a Super Bowl ring (as a Head Coach).

Pagano doesn't. 

Gruden more or less won Dungy's super bowl in Tampa Bay... a team Dungy built up, didn't get a title but made playoffs year after year, then Gruden came in and won a superbowl with the team Dungy constructed.  Gruden then proceeded to coach the Bucs until they were the laughing stock of the league again.

Gruden is not a very good coach.  He would do nothing, IMO, to take this team to a higher level than Pagano can. 

Plus, we'd have to hire his babysitter:

14 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Gruden more or less won Dungy's super bowl in Tampa Bay... a team Dungy built up, didn't get a title but made playoffs year after year, then Gruden came in and won a superbowl with the team Dungy constructed.  Gruden then proceeded to coach the Bucs until they were the laughing stock of the league again.

Gruden is not a very good coach.  He would do nothing, IMO, to take this team to a higher level than Pagano can. 

Plus, we'd have to hire his babysitter:

You do realize there was a GM in Tampa right? And after awhile guys like Sapp, Johnson, and Lynch left/retired right? And that none of that was Gruden's doing?

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You do realize there was a GM in Tampa right? And after awhile guys like Sapp, Johnson, and Lynch left/retired right? And that none of that was Gruden's doing?

They don't understand this, or the fact he never had a QB..He had to win with 35+ year old retreads in Tampa..That was a problem there him clashing with the G.M ..People conveniently forget he took a terrible Raiders team and turned them into a Super Bowl team again without the benefit of a good young QB..He made an old Rich Gannon look good..

11 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

They don't understand this, or the fact he never had a QB..He had to win with 35+ year old retreads in Tampa..That was a problem there him clashing with the G.M ..People conveniently forget he took a terrible Raiders team and turned them into a Super Bowl team again without the benefit of a good young QB..He made an old Rich Gannon look good..

Yeah, the team he defeated in the Super Bowl was the team he built, so Gruden is pretty legit. 

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, the team he defeated in the Super Bowl was the team he built, so Gruden is pretty legit. 

They also like to bring up he won with Dungys team..Well Dungy couldn't win a Super Bowl with them, but Gruden did...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

They also like to bring up he won with Dungys team..Well Dungy couldn't win a Super Bowl with them, but Gruden did...

I  mean it could just be luck that Gruden won that year. With a losing record, he certainly didn't repeat the success the following season. 

I wasn't trying to discredit Dungy, though; he was one heck of a coach.

My point is Gruden might have won with Dungys team, but the team he built made it to the super bowl as well, so it shows he not a talentless coach who only had success because of Dungy.

They're both good coaches.

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Doesn't matter.   It's an unspoken rule amongst coaches.  You don't interview for a job that isn't vacant.

If it's an unspoken rule, how do you know? Source please. Lol

Joking aside its silly to think one won't interview or it's somehow unethical to interview for a job that "isn't open" per the media. If the owner wants to interview for a specific position, then by all means it's open based on the owners intentions.

The contract has little to do with it, especially considering there are "outs" at a cost for both sides... trade, payment, etc. 

People ethically interview for positions with others under contract every day, in every business. If the business wants an upgrade or change, it's their right to upgrade or change. If what they are doing goes against the contract, then there is language in the contract to address, with a some price to pay. 

The same goes for coaches and others under contract. We see and hear it every year from the coaching ranks that so and so still has "blank" number of years on their contract, but they are moving to another team for a better opportunity. Again there is typically a price to pay and get out on their end too. 

An NFL coaching job is as prestigious and high paying as it gets in the profession, especially when you consider there are only 32 of them available world wide. 

Its a competitive and cut throat world out there and something most coaches want and will aggressively go after if/when the opportunity presents itself. 

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

If Gruden was Colts coach instead of Dungy I bet Manning would have more than 1 Super Bowl here as well...We wasted Manning, now we are wasting Luck...

Go look at Gruden's playoff record. He inherited a team Dungy built, who had a much better defense than the Colts. One that could easily go down with the ranking of "historic defense" and Gruden never won another playoff game after 2002. 

You should go talk to Tampa Bay fans about Gruden. They'll tell you how great of a coach he was that he ran their offense in the ground and lived solely based off a defense that Dungy built. 

Dungy gets such little respect around these fans, it's pretty sickening. Take him away, and Manning don't get a ring at all with the Colts.