Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Household Names Not Re-signed/Cut

Like the title says. IMO these guys need to go. We need to get younger, and we need guys who can stay on the field. 

We also need Grigson to have another strong draft. Yes, Grigson....I don't think we'll see any front office/major coaching changes. We have some promising young players, just need a few more pieces. 

Robert Mathis
Darius Butler
Mike Adams
Trent Cole
Hugh Thornton
D'Qwell Jackson
Arthur Jones

Finally, Go Colts! Always Bleeding Blue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Butler goes anywhere.  He will probably move to Safety and he can fill in as a CB so he has value.  But you are probably right on the rest of them,

And you should add Robinson in there.  The young guys look better than he does. Unless he move strictly to nickle 

12 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Like the title says. IMO these guys need to go. We need to get younger, and we need guys who can stay on the field. 

We also need Grigson to have another strong draft. Yes, Grigson....I don't think we'll see any front office/major coaching changes. We have some promising young players, just need a few more pieces. 

Robert Mathis
Darius Butler
Mike Adams
Trent Cole
Hugh Thornton
D'Qwell Jackson
Arthur Jones

I also wouldn't be opposed to Adams/Butler in depth roles

15 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Robert Mathis
Darius Butler
Mike Adams
Trent Cole
Hugh Thornton
D'Qwell Jackson
Arthur Jones

Love the cuts but Grigson needs to go with them 

55 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Robert Mathis
Darius Butler
Mike Adams
Trent Cole
Hugh Thornton
D'Qwell Jackson
Arthur Jones

Butler  can stay all the others I'm fine with

I know Adams is old, but I don't know if I would cut our best player on defense before we find another safety that's at least as good as him.  All we have right now is Geathers and Butler who are both injury prone.  If we cut Butler, we only have Geathers.   Green, like Dorsett, is another high round reach that Grigson/Pagano made based off combine measurables instead of game film.  I hope he improves greatly over the offseason. I agree with all the rest. 

1 hour ago, IndyD4U said:

Robert Mathis
Darius Butler
Mike Adams
Trent Cole
Hugh Thornton
D'Qwell Jackson
Arthur Jones

I'd keep Butler and Adams....    they may not start, but they're still valuable...

And I'd keep Jones if he'd stay on a restructured deal like last year.     We need another year or two of depth from him.

41 minutes ago, bigt said:

I know Adams is old, but I don't know if I would cut our best player on defense before we find another safety that's at least as good as him.  All we have right now is Geathers and Butler who are both injury prone.  If we cut Butler, we only have Geathers.   Green, like Dorsett, is another high round reach that Grigson/Pagano made based off combine measurables instead of game film.  I hope he improves greatly over the offseason. I agree with all the rest. 

Adams is done.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also need to trade Allen. Another game where he's outperformed by UDFA TEs. I'll take a 5th rounder for him at this point. Cut Dorsett too. It's not like it's uncommon nowadays for high round picks to be cut.

Allen has no trade value. No one will give anything for him. They wasted that money. S T U P I D. Tired of Grigson's trash heap. He needs to go.

12 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

Allen has no trade value. No one will give anything for him. They wasted that money. S T U P I D. Tired of Grigson's trash heap. He needs to go.

He would likely command a day 3 pick. 4th-5th round I think, He had 500+ yards his rookie year as a TE and two seasons of 5+ td's. There are many TE's who have done far less in the NFL

Also need to trade Allen. Another game where he's outperformed by UDFA TEs. I'll take a 5th rounder for him at this point. Cut Dorsett too. It's not like it's uncommon nowadays for high round picks to be cut.

No one is gonna trade for him. He's been injured too much, and the rest of the league is going to see he has been outperformed by Doyle as well.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

you know if the colts cut jackson jones robinson langford and gore, they'll have 88 m in cap space

Wow...if used *correctly* you have something brewing with that. Even if it's not that exact amount we've definitely got some dough to at least get a couple impact guys.

-If Adams wants to return then you re-sign him. Green hasn't played very well

-I'd bring Mathis back on a cheap deal as a rotational pass rusher. He wont command much money

-Butler earned a new contract

-re-sign Thornton. Nobody has laid claim to RG spot yet and he still has the most potential at RG out of anyone I think if he can stay healthy next year

14 minutes ago, Gavin said:

-If Adams wants to return then you re-sign him. Green hasn't played very well

-I'd bring Mathis back on a cheap deal as a rotational pass rusher. He wont command much money

-Butler earned a new contract

-re-sign Thornton. Nobody has laid claim to RG spot yet and he still has the most potential at RG out of anyone I think if he can stay healthy next year

Adams is done - cut him

Mathis is certainly done -cut him

Butler earned his contract as a safety to replace Adams - Keep him

Thornton has NEVER been good - cut him and kick him in the balls on his way out 

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Adams is done - cut him

Hard to take you serious when your making juvenile like comments about Thornton like that

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

He would likely command a day 3 pick. 4th-5th round I think, He had 500+ yards his rookie year as a TE and two seasons of 5+ td's. There are many TE's who have done far less in the NFL

There are many TEs that are less injury prone and aren't regressing every year too. Maybe some crazy GM would trade for him, but he has very little trade value IMO. Getting a 4th for him would be a steal at this point.

1 hour ago, snkdy said:

I disagree with putting Butler on the list. He's had a relatively good year.

I believe he lead the team in picks something he always does or finishes second in.  He's one of,the very few play makers they have on defense.  The other is Adams and I think age has finally caught up to him.  As good as Davis can be he doesn't get a lot of picks.  

34 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Adams is done - cut him

I believe Mathis contract is up so they wouldn't have to cut him.

Why are we intent on trading Allen suddenly? I think we need to figure out a way where he isn't consistently expected to block for most of the game. His targets have been down since his rookie season but he still puts up decent numbers. Why cut a solid target who can block reasonably well from the TE position?

1 hour ago, VocableLoki said:

Why are we intent on trading Allen suddenly? I think we need to figure out a way where he isn't consistently expected to block for most of the game. His targets have been down since his rookie season but he still puts up decent numbers. Why cut a solid target who can block reasonably well from the TE position?

Oh this argument again? Let it go man. Allen has been exposed.