Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson says he will play vs Colts

TKnight24

Oh swell. LOL! Our run defense has been top notch this season, but all it takes is for AP to break 1 run for like 50 yards & the whole complexion of the game changes. 

Plus, being the brilliant defensive genius Mike Zimmer is, his LBs will be a thorn in Chewy's side all game long. 

I will naturally be rooting for my beloved Colts, but I'm preparing myself to lose this game. It's very loud in US Bank Stadium too. I expect a lot of false starts on offense even with a silent snap count. 

Tough sledding for the horseshoe no doubt. Good luck fellas. 

I do respect Zimmer though, which cushions the sting of a regular season loss a little bit. 

Maybe Pat McAfee can fake a punt & throw a touchdown in the second half. I bleeping love it when he does that. haha

Chud, let's incorporate a flee flicker pass too. When they work, they are a thing of beauty man. Throw it to Moncrief or Doyle not Dorsett please. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Oh swell. LOL! Our run defense has been top notch this season, but all it takes is for AP to break 1 run for like 50 yards & the whole complexion of the game changes. 

Plus, being the brilliant defensive genius Mike Zimmer is, his LBs will be a thorn in Chewy's side all game long. 

I will naturally be rooting for my beloved Colts, but I'm preparing myself to lose this game. It's very loud in US Bank Stadium too. I expect a lot of false starts on offense even with a silent snap count. 

Tough sledding for the horseshoe no doubt. Good luck fellas. 

I do respect Zimmer though, which cushions the sting of a regular season loss a little bit. 

Maybe Pat McAfee can fake a punt & throw a touchdown in the second half. I bleeping love it when he does that. haha

Chud, let's incorporate a flee flicker pass too. When they work, they are a thing of beauty man. Throw it to Moncrief or Doyle not Dorsett please. 

Moncrief was ruled out this week 

14 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Well if he wants a good warm up, the Colts are a perfect opportunity before they play a very difficult Packers team on the up swing, both teams competing for a wild card spot in the NFC.  This is a must win for the Vikings.  

That's what I'm thinking. Just a warm up game for him. Perfect timing right haha 

43 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Well if he wants a good warm up, the Colts are a perfect opportunity before they play a very difficult Packers team on the up swing, both teams competing for a wild card spot in the NFC.  This is a must win for the Vikings.  

That's right. It is a warm up in preparation for the GB game. I don't expect him to play much.

48 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That's right. It is a warm up in preparation for the GB game. I don't expect him to play much.

Yeah, the Colts seemed banged up but they sometimes bounce back after a bad loss.  I see it being a decent game though.  Hopefully a fun one to watch at least.

5 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

People really would jump out of the ICU or a Coffin to play the Colts. He wasn't supposed to play until next week smh 

Lol...jump out of ICU or a coffin..comedy gold.

Very curious to see if the guys have packed it in on 2016.

6 minutes ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Vikings just announced they activated Adrian Peterson for Sunday's game with the Colts.

Thanks for posting that, LOS. I just read that too. The Vikes put DT Toby Johnson on waivers to activate AP. I hope the Pats don't pick up Johnson.

It had been reported that we gave Johnson a 3-year contract earlier this week when we activated him from the practice squad. He posted a picture showing that. I wonder if we gave him an extension to deter another team from picking him up on waivers?? I hope we can retain him.

Seems like every time we play the Vikes Adrian Peterson is coming back from a knee injury of some sorts.  I remember in Lucks first year when we played the Vikes at Lucas Oil Adrian Peterson was coming back from a knee injury. Don't recall him doing much to us in that game.  They had a lot of heat on Luck in that game, but we won.   Seems like Deja Vu all over again.

Dont know how good we will be on the defensive side of things in this contest since we are now missing Art Jones. We are down to Ridgeway and a Gimpy Henry Anderson. If I were the Vikes I would just keep handing off to AP and those other backs. Make some timely throws here and there while playing a strong defensive game. No reason for them to be all that risky on offense. Just take Houstons game plan.

37 minutes ago, krunk said:

Dont know how good we will be on the defensive side of things in this contest since we are now missing Art Jones. We are down to Ridgeway and a Gimpy Henry Anderson. If I were the Vikes I would just keep handing off to AP and those other backs. Make some timely throws here and there while playing a strong defensive game. No reason for them to be all that risky on offense. Just take Houstons game plan.

That is probably what the Vikes will do (give it to the RBs); actually, that's what they always do. But their running game is historically bad. And that's not an exaggeration. Peterson won't make it that much better, IMO.

I think the Vikes should let Bradford throw the ball a bit. At least let him throw on first down. He has the highest completion percentage in the league (71%) although he is in the bottom third in yards per pass attempt. If the Colts don't bring a pass rush, Bradford will do well. He does poorly when he is pressured. His pocket awareness is terrible but he looked better against the Jags last week. 

I don't think Peterson will have too many carries (less than 20). The Vikes just want him to shake some rust off before playing GB next week. He will share the carries with Matt Asiata and Jerick McKinnon.