Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season is over...

bap1331

Lets be honest. The things we need to get fixed for the past 4 years have not even improved for the slightest. It gets worse and worse. The worst part is this team cant play 60 minutes. Patriots wont lose more than 4 games making the broncos and patriots the home field advantage teams. So in the end what are the colts fighting for getting into the dang playoffs if they cant even play a whole quarter without making a single mistake.

How often do we see the pats and broncos make mistakes? Cant keep up with those teams so i would rather save the embarrassment and hope everyone gets cleaned in the house except luck,  davis,  vinny, pat, and maybe ty. Thats all we really kinda have.

Not even looking forward to rebuilding because that will take another couple years...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point we need to get the oline and young guys on Dec a lot of reps , meaning we should bench reitz and go with goode and heag at the rg rt spots and throw Clark in when we can.and let's run the ball heavy get gore over 1000 while we getting ready for next yr.  We can go 7-9 if we get lucky and hot and still not have a good pick.  We need a pass rusher maybe 2

Many in the Colt nation have looked at this team with the Shoe Glasses on.  This is a poorly coached team that I believed would not make the playoffs.

This is a 6 win team (if we are fortunate).

The downward turn of this team began when Arians left and Pagano returned from treatment.

I think we have the right pieces on the oline just need to be healthy and in the right spots.  Like heag / goode which ever fits best at rt/rg.  Clark isn't ready yet so we can't really say.  But we need a 100% focus on defense I mean 100%

1st pass rusher!!!!!!!!! 

2rd corner 

3rd mlb we some speed that can cover 

4th pass rusher

5th fast olb that can cover 

6th pass rusher 

7th pass rusher 

Something is bound to hit lol 

35 minutes ago, Hi-Tek said:

The funny thing is, they can conceivably win their next three games.

If they win the next three games, then sure. They are definitely back in the mix. But I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly (highly) doubt they beat Houston and even Tennessee if they can't beat Jacksonville.

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

If they win the next three games, then sure. They are definitely back in the mix. But I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly (highly) doubt they beat Houston and even Tennessee if they can't beat Jacksonville.

All in all they played a pretty bad game today against a talented team, and still only lost by a FG. I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they won the next 3, but at this point I'll have to see it to believe it.

Not over yet but the window is definitely closing.  We have only 1 division loss and in 2nd place in a pathetic division.  I figure we can drop only 3 more games all year and none of the division games.  Thats a tall order but still plausible.

We have to fix it starting next week.  They need to let Luck air it out early, play the hurry up offense from the kickoff.

The most worrisome thing i have been seeing is the LT.  He has been abused over and over.  We have no anchor on the Oline.  That makes it a lot harder to scheme when the doors are wide open on both sides. Costanzo wasnt supposed to be the weak link.  This defiantly screws things up with a young line.

Maybe the D plays better with a lead.  We havent tried that yet.

56 minutes ago, Introspect said:

The downward turn of this team began when Arians left and Pagano returned from treatment.

Putting last year aside we have only the start of this year to compare.  The numbers suggest you are wrong.

Two 11 and 5 records and playoff progression each year after Arians left and an 8 and 8 without Luck.  

I am not suggesting that Pags and Grigs have not made any mistakes.  But the record doesn't support your statesmen.  

BTW Arians has the same putrid record this year on a team that on paper was as good as last years version.

3 minutes ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

Not over yet but the window is definitely closing.  We have only 1 division loss and in 2nd place in a pathetic division.  I figure we can drop only 3 more games all year and none of the division games.  Thats a tall order but still plausible.

We have to fix it starting next week.  They need to let Luck air it out early, play the hurry up offense from the kickoff.

The most worrisome thing i have been seeing is the LT.  He has been abused over and over.  We have no anchor on the Oline.  That makes it a lot harder to scheme when the doors are wide open on both sides. Costanzo wasnt supposed to be the weak link.  This defiantly screws things up with a young line.

I agree with you, but window is almost closed now. We have to win out the rest of our division games, and we can't afford losing too much (more than 4) games anyway. I'm pessimistic after losing to Lions and Jags.  

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

Many in the Colt nation have looked at this team with the Shoe Glasses on.  This is a poorly coached team that I believed would not make the playoffs.

This is a 6 win team (if we are fortunate).

We have as many wins as AZ. So no.

4 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I agree with you, but window is almost closed now. We have to win out the rest of our division games, and we can't afford losing too much (more than 4) games anyway. I'm pessimistic after losing to Lions and Jags.  

I agree with you on being pessimistic but I haven't lost all hope.  We have 2006 and 375 to hang on too.

Houston         3-1

Tennessee    1-3

Jacksonville   1-3

Indianapolis   1-3

Houston is on top by two games and they are capable of choking.

Here is our schedule for upcoming games before the bye week Nov 13:

vs Bears

@ Texans  (Sun Nite)

@ Titans

vs Chiefs

@ Packers

22 minutes ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

Mewhort might be our anchor.  I read that before today's game Mewhort had gone 925 straight pass protection plays without giving up a sack.  Longest streak in the league by an OL who is not a center, according to PFF.

10 minutes ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

Putting last year aside we have only the start of this year to compare.  The numbers suggest you are wrong.

Two 11 and 5 records and playoff progression each year after Arians left and an 8 and 8 without Luck.  

I am not suggesting that Pags and Grigs have not made any mistakes.  But the record doesn't support your statesmen.  

BTW Arians has the same putrid record this year on a team that on paper was as good as last years version.

I see your facts are rock solid but the down turn deals more with the spirit of this team. His departure was like initial car knocking but after a few thousand miles the transmission is failing.  A few winning seasons may have been more detrimental to this team than not making the playoffs. Changes could have been made before our high performing team (car) is in for a total overhaul.

My opinion without prejudice.

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

I think we have the right pieces on the oline just need to be healthy and in the right spots.  Like heag / goode which ever fits best at rt/rg.  Clark isn't ready yet so we can't really say.  But we need a 100% focus on defense I mean 100%

1st pass rusher!!!!!!!!! 

2rd corner 

3rd mlb we some speed that can cover 

4th pass rusher

5th fast olb that can cover 

6th pass rusher 

7th pass rusher 

Something is bound to hit lol 

We may almost have the pieces but the minute one guy goes down, all hec breaks loose. Our 2nd, 3rd,  and 4th stringers are nonexistent.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Mewhort might be our anchor.  I read that before today's game Mewhort had gone 925 straight pass protection plays without giving up a sack.  Longest streak in the league by an OL who is not a center, according to PFF.

But wait... there's a brain surgeon on here who says Mewhort is absolutely NOT our best lineman so you must be wrong, I must be wrong and PFF obviously must be getting paid off by those of us who think he's our best lineman.  

Seriously though, he may be our best, but then it isn't like we're full of talent elsewhere competing with him.  Castonzo and everyone got rolled today all day.  

It's not technically over, but there's no chance this team puts a 'run' together.

They're not good, regardless of your homerism. 

Our schemes and coaching are terrible. Blame whoever, but we aren't a good team that can expect wins against certain teams like we once did. We can lose to anybody nowadays.

43 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

All in all they played a pretty bad game today against a talented team, and still only lost by a FG. I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they won the next 3, but at this point I'll have to see it to believe it.

That's where I'm at. I mean this team is a few breaks away from being 2-2 maybe even 3-1. But the problem to me, more so than losing is that they are exhibiting the same problems. Slow starts, penalties, and failure to protect Luck (though today the O line was all sorts of tattered). These are problems the Colts are having against bad teams. So what's gonna happen when they go up against HOU,  GB, KC, OAK and PIT?

42 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This is kinda where i'm at.

Luck had NO TIME with three rookies on the line.  

I see this team as being close.  IF we can keep within reach of Houston, we play them twice. 

I see the potential. But, like in Denver, defensive penaties and pressure on Luck killed us. With Goode and Reitz, we win today.

41 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Houston         3-1

Tennessee    1-3

Jacksonville   1-3

Indianapolis   1-3

Houston is on top by two games and they are capable of choking.

Here is our schedule for upcoming games before the bye week Nov 13:

vs Bears

@ Texans  (Sun Nite)

@ Titans

vs Chiefs

@ Packers

I see us going 2-3 or 1-4 in those games 

26 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

We may almost have the pieces but the minute one guy goes down, all hec breaks loose. Our 2nd, 3rd,  and 4th stringers are nonexistent.

I'm not so sold on all our starters,  at some positions our 2nd and 3rd string may be better than our 1st.

59 minutes ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

Ranking of our defense has gotten worse every year

2 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Lets be honest. The things we need to get fixed for the past 4 years have not even improved for the slightest. It gets worse and worse. The worst part is this team cant play 60 minutes. Patriots wont lose more than 4 games making the broncos and patriots the home field advantage teams. So in the end what are the colts fighting for getting into the dang playoffs if they cant even play a whole quarter without making a single mistake.

How often do we see the pats and broncos make mistakes? Cant keep up with those teams so i would rather save the embarrassment and hope everyone gets cleaned in the house except luck,  davis,  vinny, pat, and maybe ty. Thats all we really kinda have.

Not even looking forward to rebuilding because that will take another couple years...

You're wrong.. we still get to suffer through 12 more weeks before it's over!