Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (+6) @ Denver (9-18-16)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST....mid-80s and dry

Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and Tracy Wolfson on CBS

over-under  46

Andrew Luck (31 of 47, 365 yards, 4 Tds o INT) enters the 'No Fly Zone' with the 'Fast 3', of Philip Dorsett, TY Hilton and Donte Moncrief (16 catches, 237 yards, TD) and TEs Dwayne Allen and Jack Doyle (7 catches, 88 yards, 3 TDs)

Frank Gore (14 carries, 59 yards) averaged 4.2 yards per carry last week....and he's a key blocking the Denver blitzes

top-rated (2015) pass defense held Carolina's Cam Newton to 176 yards passing...the top 4 DBs return from last season...

Denver 2nd year QB Trevor Simian was 18 if 26, for just 178 yards , one TD and 2 INTs

...will have Emmanuel Sanders and Demariyus Thomas (9 catches, 97 yards)

Broncos HB CJ Anderson carried 20 times for 92 yards and caught 4 passes for 47 yards...but Colts will also see highly regarded rookie Devontae Booker

Colts may again go without CBs Vontae Davis and Patrick Robinson and rookie safety TJ Green but former Bronco Mike Adams and Clayton Gaethers could hold up at safety if they aren't on the field too long.

Colts Adam Vinatieri has made 27 field goals in a row..and he'll be good from 60 yards in..in the light air and the heat

Broncos will come in off a 9-day break after beating Carolina 21-20..

This looks like a bad matchup for the Colts because of the injuries in the secondary but the Colts offensive line was good in the second half last week and all pass rushers get tire in Denver, especially when its hot....

What jumps out at me is the over-under at 46...that's all....?   24-23 is over 46...Colts scored 35 last week and Broncos would have if not for three turnovers deep in Carolina territory.....

If Luck doenst get knocked out of the game (a concern .....the Broncos have some 'personal foul' masters on defense)  Colts might be able to come within 6 points......a back-door cover rallying late in the game.

But I'd bet my 12 year old Jeep Cherokee on that 'over'

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

What if the Colts lose? what does that mean for Pagano? Deep questions!

If the Colts lose this game it's on to the next game. Pagano is not going to be fired anytime soon.

Some can call for his head but till we see what this team is capable of when healthy it's a wait and see game.

New coaches and a long list of injuries makes it hard to tell what this team can do.

If we can just get the injured players back on the field it might a big difference. Our defense don't have to be killer for our offense to win games, just average.

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Hopefully it means he's gone he is a terrible coach I have been a colts fan since 2006 and this is by far the worst I have seen the colts in that time frame last weeks loss was pathetic.

Guess you don't remember that mud stomping we got from the Jaguars in 2006? We've had worse losses.

That Jaguars game was terrible from 2006.  Not anything like last weeks game.  We had a good inkling that we might play bad on defense in last weeks game because of all the injuries.   I recall us being fully healthy and playing fairly decent defense before that Jaguars debacle in 2006.  That game really upset me!

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

That Jaguars game was terrible from 2006.  Not anything like last weeks game.  We had a good inkling that we might play bad on defense in last weeks game because of all the injuries.   I recall us being fully healthy and playing fairly decent defense before that Jaguars debacle in 2006.  That game really upset me!

Still one of the worst regular season losses that I remember. It was the worst.

15 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

And we turned around in the playoffs(2006 Colts) playing run defense like we were the Ravens or something.  That's how quickly things can get turned around in terms of tackling and execution. Everybody talked about the Colts like we were just going to get Obliterated by Larry Johnson in that playoff game.  This week it's "Oh CJ Anderson is going to Run all the way to China on us".  A guy who's never done anything of significance against the Colts no matter what defense we've had out there.  We've always played well against Denvers offensive line during Lucks years.   I'm expecting us to be better this week as well.  Not super better, but much better than against the Lions.

Run Defense can be funny like that sometimes.  I remember another game from those Dungy Colts where we played Horrible Run defense.  It was late in the year and we were on a roll, headed to the playoffs and we played Denver in the RCA Dome.   Shanahan was the coach at the time.  They came into Indy and Ran the football all over us non stop.  It was mostly Clinton Portis, I think Olandis Gary or Mike Anderson, and that other little running back they had named Quinton Griffin.  They absolutely killed us in that game!  We turned around and played them again in the playoffs and shut the running game down.  Its funny like that sometimes!

I bet on Indy when it was Indy +7. Not because I think the Colts will win, but I know that the refs will keep it within a td to make vegas money and keep ratings high, and it's smart to take the team with the points, especially two solid teams like this. Did the same with Carolina vs Denver and took Denver +3 and it was correct. Hopefully we win also though, instead of the Colts just covering the spread.

17 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya but we won a superbowl that season since then we have been a joke pretty much. I can say we have been a laughing stock for a couple of years now.

You can say that but it don't make it true.

In fact it is a damn long way from true.  In fact not only is it simply not true.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

The injuries were a part of the issue last week but not the whole story.  The design of the D last week not good nor was the play of many people that will be dependent upon even when the hurt guys get back.  

58 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya but we won a superbowl that season since then we have been a joke pretty much. I can say we have been a laughing stock for a couple of years now.

:spit:

The above is the joke .  If drafting Luck & going into the playoffs 3 years straight  seasons & into the playoffs each year better than the last culminating in an AFC Championship appearance known as Deflategate, being 1 of the final teams still playing is hardly a laughing stock . Do your homework compare Lucks start as a Colt to Mannings , I believe the jokes on you .:lol: Been a fan since the Colts came here on the Mayflowers Jim Harbaugh made the colts relevant Peyton Manning made the Colts a decade of excellence with 2 Superbowl appearances 1 we took home the Lombardi  & with  Andrew Luck leading the Colts  starting out better than the Manning years you seem very uninformed & clueless it reminds me of a blonde joke .  

What can strike a blonde without her knowing it ????        

A Thought .

4 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Hopefully it means he's gone he is a terrible coach I have been a colts fan since 2006 and this is by far the worst I have seen the colts in that time frame last weeks loss was pathetic.

Pagano is not going anywhere no matter if we win or lose this game.

What's pathetic is your comment.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

So, since winning the Super Bowl the Colts have made the playoffs 7 out of 9 years with a Super Bowl appearance and an AFC Championship appearance. Quite the laughing stock of the NFL!

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Letting the Steelers put a 50 burger on us was much worse

3 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Letting the Steelers put a 50 burger on us was much worse

Make sure to eat enough turkey this year so this year's 50 won't feel as bad.

All joking aside, I think they're going to get obliterated in that one. They just have our number.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Yep, that was the only game we got blown out in all season. The other 3 losses were by 7 or less. 2 losses were on last second kicks. We easily could've been 15-1 that season but the Jags handed to us that day!

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

Saints put 62 on us in 2011... we eventually put up 7 against their 3rd stringers in the dieing minutes... that was the most embarrassing sporting moment ever for me as a fan. 

Pretty much every Saturday UVa plays football is the most embarrassing sporting moment ever for me as a fan.

5 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

:spit:

The above is the joke .  If drafting Luck & going into the playoffs 3 years straight  seasons & into the playoffs each year better than the last culminating in an AFC Championship appearance known as Deflategate, being 1 of the final teams still playing is hardly a laughing stock . Do your homework compare Lucks start as a Colt to Mannings , I believe the jokes on you .:lol: Been a fan since the Colts came here on the Mayflowers Jim Harbaugh made the colts relevant Peyton Manning made the Colts a decade of excellence with 2 Superbowl appearances 1 we took home the Lombardi  & with  Andrew Luck leading the Colts  starting out better than the Manning years you seem very uninformed & clueless it reminds me of a blonde joke .  

What can strike a blonde without her knowing it ????        

A Thought .

And you seem very out of touch with reality ya the pats cheated in the first half of that game but then scored 4 td's in the second half so we got destroyed any way you put it but every one of those 3 years ya we would improve by one round every year but yet the next game where our season ended was always ugly and that's a joke because this team is better than the way they play most of the time bad coaching whatever else goes wrong.

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Saints put 62 on us in 2011... we eventually put up 7 against their 3rd stringers in the dieing minutes... that was the most embarrassing sporting moment ever for me as a fan. 

Ya that was terrible a disgraceful performance.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pagano is not going anywhere no matter if we win or lose this game.

What's pathetic is your comment.

I see the same thing in every loss that starts out like that it looks like a team that isn't ready to play and that is on coaching they hardly tried to run the ball it was all Luck and the passing game that got them back in the game we cant run the ball and have no defense and the game plans e terrible but yet he isn't a pathetic coach. whats really pathetic is your reply.

39 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I see the same thing in every loss that starts out like that it looks like a team that isn't ready to play and that is on coaching they hardly tried to run the ball it was all Luck and the passing game that got them back in the game we cant run the ball and have no defense and the game plans e terrible but yet he isn't a pathetic coach. whats really pathetic is your reply.

I guess you must have not watched the last game. We were running the ball early in the game but penalties stalled the start and then the defense couldn't contain. We were averaging over 4 yards per carry.

You are so quick to be negative it would make no difference to you either way.

13 hours ago, HeSoColt said:

The only good thing about that game is that I don't think Gilbert Gardener played a single snap of defense after that game. My goodness he was a train wreck. One of the worst linebackers in colts modern history.