Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are reportedly working out Antonio Cromartie

Everyone

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Cromartie can stay healthy and play like he did 2-3 years ago. He's 32, he should have another good year or 2 left in the tank. Everything I've seen is Pags saying Vontae is week to week, and its a medial ankle sprain. I'm no injury expert so I just hope for the best. We just gotta get Vontae back out there. If he just misses the first couple games then we should be ok, but we cant be having him miss 5-6 or more games. Man I love Robinson and I think he's going to be a massive upgrade over Toler, but I still think we should have cut Butler and shelled out the money and signed Sean Smith along with Robinson. Then Vontae missing, say 4 games wouldn't be as big of a blow to the midsection.

2 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I find it amusing how seemingly everything I post about has happened so far. I had us winning the first and losing the second games in the preseason, and then recently posted about if we should bring in Cromartie or not? :spit:

Quick, post something about no more of the team getting hurt. Then post about us winning the super bowl.

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I would look into some trades. Maybe a low risk, high reward type thing. Dee Milliner, Justin Gilbert, Darquez Dennard comes to mind. Hey it worked with Vontae. Different situation, but still similar.

Milliner would be a great project for Pagano.

7 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I would look into some trades. Maybe a low risk, high reward type thing. Dee Milliner, Justin Gilbert, Darquez Dennard comes to mind. Hey it worked with Vontae. Different situation, but still similar.

I've thought some about Miliner the whole offseason but in a nickel role.  Right now he seems to be about like Toler on the outside.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I've thought some about Miliner the whole offseason but in a nickel role.  Right now he seems to be about like Toler on the outside.

I'd probably take Dennard over the other 2 given the choice, (He reminds me a bit of Vontae) but Gilbert (although he's shown next to nothing) is still intriguing because of his potential and size. He, IMO has the highest ceiling/upside of the 3, but may never reach it. I just googled him actually and found an article questioning if he'll even make the final 53. Doubt that happens considering he's only played 2 years, but I guess its possible. But any of those 3 guys could be the kind of kid to go to a new team and a new city with a fresh start, new coaches, teammates, etc and really break out. Like David Amerson last year, or Vontae with us a few years back.

25 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Grigs pulled off a trade. We usually make one trade every offseason hes been here. None so far this year (not counting draft trades that is)

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Grigs pulled off a trade. We usually make one trade every offseason hes been here. None so far this year (not counting draft trades that is)

Yeah. Even if its a bad one. Like that running back who I wont mention his name (Even though that was at the beginning of the regular season) and Jerry Hughes. Jerry Hughes could have blossomed into the beast he is now with us, and we would have that game wrecking OLB we desperately need. How excited would we all be right now going into the season with Jerry Hughes and Robert Mathis as our starting OLB's?

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I'd probably take Dennard over the other 2 given the choice, (He reminds me a bit of Vontae) but Gilbert (although he's shown next to nothing) is still intriguing because of his potential and size. He, IMO has the highest ceiling/upside of the 3, but may never reach it. I just googled him actually and found an article questioning if he'll even make the final 53. Doubt that happens considering he's only played 2 years, but I guess its possible. But any of those 3 guys could be the kind of kid to go to a new team and a new city with a fresh start, new coaches, teammates, etc and really break out. Like David Amerson last year, or Vontae with us a few years back.

You know I had mentioned more than once last year and probably the year before that we should also scoop up Jamar Taylor from Miami.  His story was kind of like Milliner from the injury standpoint.  Now he's with Cleveland this year and he's already surpassed Tramon Williams for the starting spot.  They have moved Tramon inside to the nickel.  Oh Well....

17 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I think there's a good chance Gilbert is let go.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah. Even if its a bad one. Like that running back who I wont mention his name (Even though that was at the beginning of the regular season) and Jerry Hughes. Jerry Hughes could have blossomed into the beast he is now with us, and we would have that game wrecking OLB we desperately need. How excited would we all be right now going into the season with Jerry Hughes and Robert Mathis as our starting OLB's?

Good to see you back active on the forum btw.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Seahawks have a ton of cornerbacks too.  Marcus Burley played well for us before we traded him to Seattle.

8 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I wouldn't even have him as a thought we trying to be dominant now we're pass the rebuilding stage

You still try to round out your roster with the best talent or players with the best upside available. I'd rather have Gilbert if that's possible as a 4th/5th Corner to where he can work on his technique and move up the depth chart if he shows understanding of his technique/assignment/playbook in practice. At worst he's cut before next year and at best keep him till Preseason next year and make him earn his spot next year. No real harm and no foul. bringing him over now does not mean he will see significant on field action right away

26 minutes ago, Gavin said:

You still try to round out your roster with the best talent or players with the best upside available. I'd rather have Gilbert if that's possible as a 4th/5th Corner to where he can work on his technique and move up the depth chart if he shows understanding of his technique/assignment/playbook in practice. At worst he's cut before next year and at best keep him till Preseason next year and make him earn his spot next year. No real harm and no foul. bringing him over now does not mean he will see significant on field action right away

Right but we need a starter it's not we lost a backup corner to an injury we lost our #1 corner now we gotta find someone to step up fast and soon

6 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Right but we need a starter it's not we lost a backup corner to an injury we lost our #1 corner now we gotta find someone to step up fast and soon

It's not that easy. If guys like that were available, they'd be...y'know...unavailable pretty fast. The only guys the colts can realistically get right now are the veterans on their last legs, and the project type players that other teams don't want. A starting calibre corner would cost much more than a vet minimum or a couple late draft picks.

12 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yes,  because there are tons of starting caliber corners who aren't currently employed

56 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Vontae will be fine, he's day to day/out for the season...............

He's expected back game 1 + 15 - 10x.28^2 - pi.....

Yes!!!  That seems to be the case with the formula I created for the unknown diagnosis.

Apparently Antonio is now a Colt.

We have agreed to terms with free agent cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Vontae will be fine, he's day to day/out for the season...............

He's expected back game 1 + 15 - 10x.28^2 - pi.....

Really??? I thought it was the square root of triangle plus 2 fish if the price of rice is $1 and both eagles fly left!! This is much more promising after hearing that!

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

It's not that easy. If guys like that were available, they'd be...y'know...unavailable pretty fast. The only guys the colts can realistically get right now are the veterans on their last legs, and the project type players that other teams don't want. A starting calibre corner would cost much more than a vet minimum or a couple late draft picks.

I'm not saying we need a top tier corner even though that would've been perfect but realistically I understand why they signed cromartie